Horizon Zero Dawn - Forbidden West Sequel OTW!

opengeo

Replaying this right now during the quarantine. Amazing game that game out of nowhere when released.

13 hours ago, opengeo said:

Replaying this right now during the quarantine. Amazing game that game out of nowhere when released.

I need to start this eventually 

I bought the original on sale and never got around to it. Before I knew it the complete edition or whatever with all the extras bundled in was on sale for like $15 or $20 so I bought that. Yesterday was my first day taking a break from FF7 (or break from gaming in general). I want to maybe try to platinum but I could see myself start a new game and then just play 1 or 2 FF7 chapters on Hard here and there on my way to beating that difficulty requirement. 

On 4/24/2020 at 3:32 AM, Mike030270 said:

I thought with the way it ended there wouldn't be any sequel

Really? I thought it 10000% indicated there would be at least one more

8 hours ago, devpool said:

Really? I thought it 10000% indicated there would be at least one more

I had to google the ending because apparently I forgot it.

Spoiler

So Sylens has Hades. I guess you can make more games. Although near end of the game she was OP as F for me.

• 1 month later...

Oh ok so isn't a DLC. Looked Fing awesome

Curious what they do though because by the end of the first one you're OP as F

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yea, apparently this is coming to PC in August (Complete Edition), which I guess is why there's news on more content.

And I just upgraded my rig, so hopefully I can max it out.

Is it a good game, overall?

14 hours ago, Green Dog said:

Yea, apparently this is coming to PC in August (Complete Edition), which I guess is why there's news on more content.

It's amazing. It took me some time to actually delve into the story but once you are there's a lot to do

• Like 2

It takes its time unveiling the lore/backstory of the world, which I found interesting. My biggest issue is its one of those games where you can get distracted off the main path by 10 hours of side quests... regularly... so it can make it a little jarring narratively (by my own doing), which can kill the flow of the story.

I've never played through more than the opening hours of The Witcher 3, which I understand had the same sort of mechanics where you could be doing rando stuff at length and then be like "wait, what was I supposed to be doing again?!" 

7 hours ago, Agent23 said:

It takes its time unveiling the lore/backstory of the world, which I found interesting. My biggest issue is its one of those games where you can get distracted off the main path by 10 hours of side quests... regularly... so it can make it a little jarring narratively (by my own doing), which can kill the flow of the story.

I've never played through more than the opening hours of The Witcher 3, which I understand had the same sort of mechanics where you could be doing rando stuff at length and then be like "wait, what was I supposed to be doing again?!" 

lol...  what is wrong with you..  ADD?

5 hours ago, Green Dog said:

lol...  what is wrong with you..  ADD?

I’m an EXP hoor so any side quests that allow me to strengthen my character I go after. Half the it seems like completely one opens up another after it. The other half of the time it feels like your journey to the next side quest has you stumble on a character or scenario that opens up a new one :lol: 

it’s like the game is actively trying to distract me from the main story path! 

On 7/4/2020 at 12:08 AM, Green Dog said:

Uh...yeah!

26 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I’m an EXP hoor so any side quests that allow me to strengthen my character I go after. Half the it seems like completely one opens up another after it. The other half of the time it feels like your journey to the next side quest has you stumble on a character or scenario that opens up a new one :lol: 

it’s like the game is actively trying to distract me from the main story path!

Eh..  well, my advice when it comes to this game is you should absolutely take that advice.  But that's up to you.

It's not really a speed run type of game, and if you play it that way, I just feel bad for you.  You'll miss a ton of cool stuff, but you'll advance the story.

If you're that type of gamer that's fine.  But I would recommend setting this one aside until at some point in the future when you have a bunch of free time to explore everything.  It's worth it.

I like to do the side quests/missions whatever you wanna call them and then the main story. Don't know why

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 10:11 PM, Mike030270 said:

I like to do the side quests/missions whatever you wanna call them and then the main story. Don't know why

I look at it as getting my money's worth.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...