Horizon Zero Dawn - Forbidden West Sequel OTW!

opengeo

Yeah dude it's effing huge. 

Combat near water f'ing sucks in this game. Doge? Nope, ya going swimming to get chomped by a snapmaw. 

Actually swimming in general sucks...I've got "caught" half underneath the freaking ground like 5 times at this one part so I just drown. 

On 2/25/2022 at 4:00 PM, jrsu37 said:

Yeah dude it's effing huge. 

Combat near water f'ing sucks in this game. Doge? Nope, ya going swimming to get chomped by a snapmaw. 

Actually swimming in general sucks...I've got "caught" half underneath the freaking ground like 5 times at this one part so I just drown. 

bro bro bro...

i just played the first sylens section, where i find the abandoned hades orb and access the fail-safe GAIA storage facility. Seconds before coming here to post futuristic clone-me shows up with these dudes that got Dune-like shields? It looks like the second I un-pause I will be fighting this dude. WTF!!!

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 4:19 PM, Agent23 said:

bro bro bro... [spoilers] i just played the first sylens section, where i find the abandoned hades orb and access the fail-safe GAIA storage facility. Seconds before coming here to post futuristic clone-me shows up with these dudes that got Dune-like shields? It looks like the second I un-pause I will be fighting this dude. WTF!!!

lol yeah man that fight was a bit tedious for me. Some of the combat controls are...Less than optimal, but are improved with all the combos and stuffs you can do. In that specific fight, none of that ish matters so it's all on dodging, and time slowing so you actually have time to draw, aim and loose your bow/arrows. 

I’ve been in (or on my way) to Mexico for work since 630am Sunday, so no gaming for me to continue progress. I might take off this upcoming Monday to offset traveling to Mexico all day Sunday so hopefully this weekend will be plenty of horizon with some Batman mixed in 

@ level 33 now, and this game is great...Some of the interactions are hilarious, and the music is amazing...Along with the visuals. Now the combat and movement in tight spaces can be a bit maddening, but yeah. Totally having a blast w this game.

3 hours ago, jrsu37 said:

@ level 33 now, and this game is great...Some of the interactions are hilarious, and the music is amazing...Along with the visuals. Now the combat and movement in tight spaces can be a bit maddening, but yeah. Totally having a blast w this game.

I got back from Mexico Wednesday evening and drove straight to a work dinner. Yesterday had a larger work dinner (this one free food/dranks). Today had to round trip 2 hours to give some product training to a bunch of recent college grads new to the industry and am eating dinner at home before seeing the Batman. I’m taking Monday off tho so maybe I’ll get to level 33 by next week! 

Beat the main storyline last night. I have more random side quests, black boxes, vistas, drones, question marks, etc than I can count… and somehow have like 60 hours logged lmao 

16 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Beat the main storyline last night. I have more random side quests, black boxes, vistas, drones, question marks, etc than I can count… and somehow have like 60 hours logged lmao 

Man I'm level 41and haven't completed the story yet.

I'm currently focusing on upgrading my outfit and all my purple weapons. You blew through that main story fast!

I was afraid I would burn out and spend too much time fetch questing and just go cold turkey. So the other night I just said "you know what, I can always finish the side missions and trophy hunt after the campaign, I’m going to make sure I didn’t just blow 50 hours for nothing”. 

I know when ff15 came out I played a solid 50+ hours.. maybe 70… doing all the rando quests and hunts and maybe played 50% of the story before getting distracted by life and never going back. 

On 3/9/2022 at 5:45 PM, Agent23 said:

I was afraid I would burn out and spend too much time fetch questing and just go cold turkey. So the other night I just said "you know what, I can always finish the side missions and trophy hunt after the campaign, I’m going to make sure I didn’t just blow 50 hours for nothing”. 

I know when ff15 came out I played a solid 50+ hours.. maybe 70… doing all the rando quests and hunts and maybe played 50% of the story before getting distracted by life and never going back. 

I decided to go upgrade all my weapons and armor before the last story missions, and now I'm kinda where you stated above. Almost just burnt out.

I'm a kill that last mission today and re-evaluate all side quests n stuffs.

I haven’t played since I beat it. I’m sure had I not beat it I would have had a few more days (namely this past weekend) but not sure when that quitting point would have subconsciously won out. 

I enjoyed it a lot and would like to complete "more” but I’m steady at an absurd hour count with it. 

Is this game any good? I played about 30 min of the first one and never went back to it.

18 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Is this game any good? I played about 30 min of the first one and never went back to it.

It's f'ing amazing. One of the most beautiful games I've ever played. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I finally beat it and was able to platinum

Spoiler

Story was great until it became predictable and cliche

There wasn't really any incentive to do a lot of things (jobs, side missions, errands, rebel outposts, etc.) I was doing a ton of these until I realized there are no trophies for these

The side mission that got you the special armor was very disappointing

There were a ton of weapon types that I never used

The melee pit challenges were very frustrating because the inputs didn't match even if you did it correctly. There were a bunch where I got it and had no idea how I did

I haven't read to see if there's going to be a 3rd

The zenith story was meh to me

Should have been able to mount more machines

Swimming underwater was pretty cool but it still seemed pretty limited on what you can do underwater

13 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I finally beat it and was able to platinum

Hide contents

Story was great until it became predictable and cliche

There wasn't really any incentive to do a lot of things (jobs, side missions, errands, rebel outposts, etc.) I was doing a ton of these until I realized there are no trophies for these

The side mission that got you the special armor was very disappointing

There were a ton of weapon types that I never used

The melee pit challenges were very frustrating because the inputs didn't match even if you did it correctly. There were a bunch where I got it and had no idea how I did

I haven't read to see if there's going to be a 3rd

The zenith story was meh to me

Should have been able to mount more machines

Swimming underwater was pretty cool but it still seemed pretty limited on what you can do underwater

I played up until i went on vacation (beat the game) and just didn't have the ambition to platinum hunt after... now its been months and I'm not sure if I have the combat skills/familiarity down anymore. I feel like I only did 1 or 2 cauldrons the entire game... like without going online for a walkthrough, I don't even know how/where to find those? They didn't show up on the map and once you beat the main store and get airborne travel... there is still like 70% of the map under fog.... it just seemed unnecessarily expansive at that point, though from your post its seems like large portions of it can be straight ignored. I did like doing black box and some of the things that would give some snippets of the old world, but otherwise I got the core store and felt satisfied enough with that. 

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I played up until i went on vacation (beat the game) and just didn't have the ambition to platinum hunt after... now its been months and I'm not sure if I have the combat skills/familiarity down anymore. I feel like I only did 1 or 2 cauldrons the entire game... like without going online for a walkthrough, I don't even know how/where to find those? They didn't show up on the map and once you beat the main store and get airborne travel... there is still like 70% of the map under fog.... it just seemed unnecessarily expansive at that point, though from your post its seems like large portions of it can be straight ignored. I did like doing black box and some of the things that would give some snippets of the old world, but otherwise I got the core store and felt satisfied enough with that. 

You need to do the cauldrons for the platinum but those are really easy if you're level 50. Plus it doesn't matter what difficulty you're on so you could put it on story and quickly get the platinum if you wanted

I thought there was going to be a trophy for locating everything on the map so I was going around and unveiling everything

I probably should have checked out the trophies before I played and it would have saved a lot of time lol

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

You need to do the cauldrons for the platinum but those are really easy if you're level 50. Plus it doesn't matter what difficulty you're on so you could put it on story and quickly get the platinum if you wanted

I thought there was going to be a trophy for locating everything on the map so I was going around and unveiling everything

I probably should have checked out the trophies before I played and it would have saved a lot of time lol

I just wasn't sure how to find them without looking it up. None seemed to show up through normal story progression and I'm guilty of fetch-questing something to death and never making it to the finish line, so I made a point to just beat the game before I lost momentum on an out of town trip. Somehow since then I played all the Resident Evil titles that I never finished before, but even with those (6 for example), you can play as like 4 characters, and 1 character felt like it took 10+ hours so I had zero desire to go back and play as any of the others. I got the crux of the storyline and was good.

Then like 2 weeks ago I finally jumped into AC: Valhalla which I've had since damn near launch, but like 3-5 hours in and there is like zero story/plot other than some guy tried to kill me and my people at the very start and I escaped and want vengeance... AC2 trilogy was phenomenal, Black Flag was phenomenal... been some other good entries here and there but this game that I was hoping would pull me in just didn't give me any reason to want to go back to it. I finally got around to platinum'ing TLOU2 after a 12 month break, and with the remake of 1 around the corner and GOW2 not far off... if I don't jump back into AC:V prior to that, its never going to get played because my free time will then be consumed with 15 hours of NFL game every weeks and I'm sure I will do an easy mode New Game + on God of War to give myself a nice refresher in that lore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

I just wasn't sure how to find them without looking it up. None seemed to show up through normal story progression and I'm guilty of fetch-questing something to death and never making it to the finish line, so I made a point to just beat the game before I lost momentum on an out of town trip. Somehow since then I played all the Resident Evil titles that I never finished before, but even with those (6 for example), you can play as like 4 characters, and 1 character felt like it took 10+ hours so I had zero desire to go back and play as any of the others. I got the crux of the storyline and was good.

Then like 2 weeks ago I finally jumped into AC: Valhalla which I've had since damn near launch, but like 3-5 hours in and there is like zero story/plot other than some guy tried to kill me and my people at the very start and I escaped and want vengeance... AC2 trilogy was phenomenal, Black Flag was phenomenal... been some other good entries here and there but this game that I was hoping would pull me in just didn't give me any reason to want to go back to it. I finally got around to platinum'ing TLOU2 after a 12 month break, and with the remake of 1 around the corner and GOW2 not far off... if I don't jump back into AC:V prior to that, its never going to get played because my free time will then be consumed with 15 hours of NFL game every weeks and I'm sure I will do an easy mode New Game + on God of War to give myself a nice refresher in that lore. 

Very understandable. I actually hurried up with Horizon to make sure I could just jump right into GOW2

I haven't placed AC in years. It just doesn't work for me when they release one every year. I played some of Origins and just could do it

• 1 year later...

Anybody play the new Horizon game for PSVR2?  My kids got it and I was watching them play.  Seemed pretty cool. I’m looking forward to trying it out.