Chris Nolan Joint — TENET up next!

opengeo

Well that's not extremely weird

Pretty sure they were dropping acid when thinking this up

I saw this like 5-minute orchaestra/theater clip about 4 times in IMAX theaters before the world shut down. That part looks awesome. The way the trailers are cut looks suspect. 

Looks sorta promising.  I don't love CN like Geo, but he has done some good things.

• Like 1

This sort of goes by the understanding that time is order, not necessarily all about time travel of the whole scope, but of objects and situations

And yes i'm going to see this in IMAX opening weekend

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I saw this like 5-minute orchaestra/theater clip about 4 times in IMAX theaters before the world shut down. That part looks awesome. The way the trailers are cut looks suspect. 

They have to explain the concept without giving too much away

• Like 1

By brain hurts trying to figure out what this movie is about... so I'm sure it will be great!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

By brain hurts trying to figure out what this movie is about... so I'm sure it will be great!

Time is order / procession of entropy and even extropy...meaning how things interact with their environment over "time", and within themselves (atoms, quarks). Mess with that (modulate it) in relation to whats around them, and you get inversion. 

even I don't get it completely, and I'm smarter than an average ferret!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Delayed until Aug 12th

It feels like the first post about this movie on the old board was about 4 years ago.  

Michael Scott No GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

Sadly, I think this movie, along with every other major release is going to just get kicked down the road for the rest of the year.  We could be living in a world where the 2020 box office top 3 are Bad Boys for Life, Sonic, and Dolittle. :ph34r:

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 7:31 PM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Sadly, I think this movie, along with every other major release is going to just get kicked down the road for the rest of the year.  We could be living in a world where the 2020 box office top 3 are Bad Boys for Life, Sonic, and Dolittle. :ph34r:

Something I’ve been thinking about...

I have to assume most shows can’t film because of COVID, right? Or if they can they just started and there is probably a huge lag time in the production schedule because of it.

I wonder if there could be a bidding war for exclusive rights to movies if theaters shut down again?

1 hour ago, TEW said:

Something I’ve been thinking about...

I have to assume most shows can’t film because of COVID, right? Or if they can they just started and there is probably a huge lag time in the production schedule because of it.

I wonder if there could be a bidding war for exclusive rights to movies if theaters shut down again?

Well look at ATT and the eventual release of Snyder’s cut of Justice League on HBO Max. The film was already in the can but it was reshot you hell. ATT committed to spending tens of millions in post so he can have his cut. 

I think you’re going to see a bit of that over the next year. Existing projects getting reimagined. 

Also movies as we know it are dead. The only thing you’re going to see in theaters are huge blockbusters. Even those may be direct release. 

We’re about to see a war with the streaming services on a level that hasn’t been seen since 90s tech. 

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Well look at ATT and the eventual release of Snyder’s cut of Justice League on HBO Max. The film was already in the can but it was reshot you hell. ATT committed to spending tens of millions in post so he can have his cut. 

I think you’re going to see a bit of that over the next year. Existing projects getting reimagined. 

Also movies as we know it are dead. The only thing you’re going to see in theaters are huge blockbusters. Even those may be direct release. 

We’re about to see a war with the streaming services on a level that hasn’t been seen since 90s tech. 

Good point.

Though the rules for most of the awards require films to be released in theaters. I think we’ll see 3 types of movies on the big screen: blockbusters, artsy passion projects that are going for an Oscar, and mid tier high upside genre films that could create a new franchise (horror tends to do well here).

Basically every studio is going to have a portfolio built this way and there will be almost no room for anything else: summer and winter blockbuster lineup based on established IP, a few movies for the critics and then a couple shots in the dark to own original IP with sequel potential.

1 hour ago, TEW said:

Good point.

Though the rules for most of the awards require films to be released in theaters. I think we’ll see 3 types of movies on the big screen: blockbusters, artsy passion projects that are going for an Oscar, and mid tier high upside genre films that could create a new franchise (horror tends to do well here).

Basically every studio is going to have a portfolio built this way and there will be almost no room for anything else: summer and winter blockbuster lineup based on established IP, a few movies for the critics and then a couple shots in the dark to own original IP with sequel potential.

Yeah I think you’ll see the bigger cities get the artsy Oscar Gold type films. If you’re in BumF FlyoverLand the only thing you’re going to see in theaters is whatever super huge budget already established IP Disney/WB/Universal product is coming out. 

Honestly I think the mid tier upside projects are going to be fought over with the streaming services and you’re going to see huge bidding wars there so streamers can buff up their "quality” content. The whole premise of those movies is date night but who wants to do that when you can just watch it at home. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 7:31 PM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

They are already acknowledging that Dune will be pushed back from its December release into mid 2021, so gawd knows how long this one will sit in the can.  I don't see any way these super blockbusters got straight to streaming.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

They are already acknowledging that Dune will be pushed back from its December release into mid 2021, so gawd knows how long this one will sit in the can.  I don't see any way these super blockbusters got straight to streaming.

Blockbusters can’t go straight to streaming unless the streaming services value them in the five hundred million to billion dollar range, because that’s about what they expect to make from Marvel or Starwars type films in theater.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 11:06 AM, DaEagles4Life said:

Delayed until Aug 12th

Now delayed indefinitely.

20 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Now delayed indefinitely.

Stinks, but think about all the good PR the movie is getting as a result. Hoards of people who might not have otherwise heard of it, or gone to see it, will now see it either in theaters or digitally down the road. By the time this comes out, it will gross way more than what they have lost by not releasing it on time. Lose a little today, gain a little more tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, matchew88 said:

Sept 3rd now

Looks like they can open in enough theaters overseas and limited spots in US to go ahead and release.  Streaming would be available a month or so later.

• Like 1