Chris Nolan Joint — TENET up next!

opengeo

12 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Booooooo this man 

I haven't seen it yet, but Nolan is king to me and doesn't produce garbage 

Did you find Inception confusing? 

Well this is pretty much garbage to average at best. Maybe the subtitles will help some but I wouldn't rush out to see it.

I’ll admit, I originally thought James Harden a curious choice to play the lead, but he did a nice job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, The_Omega said:

1st watch, f'ing awesome, but I'll need to watch it again, at least once, to determine how good it was.  I tried not to overthink it while watching it, but, really, how can you not?  Even overthinking it I'm still struggling to actually get it.  It did rock my home theater like no other movie ever has before.  The whole house was f'ing shaking.

I can help explain stuff if needed! Haven’t thought on it much in a couple months but I caught like 85% in theater and solidified the rest in a lot of YouTube deep dives back in like august or whenever it released 

It was ok

Spoiler

I didn't know it was going to be another time travel movie. Maybe I'm null to these kinds now

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

I can help explain stuff if needed! Haven’t thought on it much in a couple months but I caught like 85% in theater and solidified the rest in a lot of YouTube deep dives back in like august or whenever it released 

Spoiler

What was the significance of the orange thing hanging on his backpack at the end?

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:
  Hide contents

What was the significance of the orange thing hanging on his backpack at the end?

the guy that gets shot where the fence is that's inverted also has the thing on his back pack so Twilight sacrifices himself to save the world. It ties into the whole everything happens the way it's supposed to happen

3 hours ago, Mat said:

Hide contents

the guy that gets shot where the fence is that's inverted also has the thing on his back pack so Twilight sacrifices himself to save the world. It ties into the whole everything happens the way it's supposed to happen

John David Washington's "first" exposure to time inversion is in the orchestra hall at the center, where a guy with a red ribbon hanging from his pack saves him from getting shot by a bullet travelling backwards. So in addition to seemingly sacrificing himself in the underground bunker to open the chain link gate, allowing JDW to stop the huge henchman from detonating the bomb at the end (during the red team/blue team pincer move), shows us that Batman 6.0 was even helping out/looking after JDW prior to them "meeting" in India to plan the bunjee jump sky scraper climb.

On 12/16/2020 at 9:47 AM, DaEagles4Life said:

Booooooo this man 

I haven't seen it yet, but Nolan is king to me and doesn't produce garbage 

Did you find Inception confusing? 

If I loved Inception, would I also love this movie?  I haven't seen Inception in awhile, but I did find it confusing.  I think it was so visually incredible that I just didn't give an ish.  

33 minutes ago, hputenis said:

If I loved Inception, would I also love this movie?  I haven't seen Inception in awhile, but I did find it confusing.  I think it was so visually incredible that I just didn't give an ish.  

Visually

Inception>Tenet

IMO

• Like 1

Agreed. I still think Tenet was an interesting movie and for me it’s worth a buy. With a Nolan movie, you’re getting a fresh movie every time. 

just make sure you put captions on. 

2 hours ago, heyeaglefn said:

It's definitely not worth a 19.99 buy or whatever the price is now.  

Sorry I don’t speak poor. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Bill said:

something we agree on! If you factor in just the "wear and tear" mileage rate on a car, even a $10 matinee ticket somewhere still runs you about $20 to go see in the theaters. EVERYONE has seen dozens of trash films at the theater, and during may of those drop sums of cash on snack and drinks. $19.99 for this film to watch multiple times, lend to friends/family/etc. is 100% worth the cost. 

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Agreed. I still think Tenet was an interesting movie and for me it’s worth a buy. With a Nolan movie, you’re getting a fresh movie every time. 

just make sure you put captions on. 

Are we though?

Spoiler

It's just another take on a time travel idea

He even used the whole don't let your past self see you

1 hour ago, Bill said:

It's not about being poor, it's about not being dumb.  They are selling for $11 on Reddit.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

It's not about being poor, it's about not being dumb.  They are selling for $11 on Reddit. 

If I don’t speak poor, what makes you think I speak simp?

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

If I don’t speak poor, what makes you think I speak simp?

Your avatar on here?  Think anyone that posts on this board talks simp.

48 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

Your avatar on here?  Think anyone that posts on this board talks simp.

Come on down to CVON. 

9 hours ago, heyeaglefn said:

For what, a dvd? Who buys hard copies of things anymore?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

There are moments when this movie feels like Nolan has matured past his "I'm the greatest" phase and settled into a late Almodovar vibe of just crafting great stories.  First and foremost he remembered how to use a soundtrack.  Certain fantastic frames are allowed to sit and breathe.  The time buddy cop dynamic smells of potential. 

But then it just falls flat as it goes.  Just like Inception, great sci-fi ideas for creative combat get thrown out the window for a climax full of regular old hand to hand fighting.  The mysterious gets mundane.  

I'm real damn close to simply never giving Nolan another chance.  

On 12/18/2020 at 10:25 PM, BFit said:

For what, a dvd? Who buys hard copies of things anymore?

It is already on sale for 14.99 from Microsoft, it will probably be 9.99 in the next month on one of the providers.  It is for 4k codes.  I saw them on Reddit earlier for 10 so it is definitely dropping.  

7 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

There are moments when this movie feels like Nolan has matured past his "I'm the greatest" phase and settled into a late Almodovar vibe of just crafting great stories.  First and foremost he remembered how to use a soundtrack.  Certain fantastic frames are allowed to sit and breathe.  The time buddy cop dynamic smells of potential. 

But then it just falls flat as it goes.  Just like Inception, great sci-fi ideas for creative combat get thrown out the window for a climax full of regular old hand to hand fighting.  The mysterious gets mundane.  

I'm real damn close to simply never giving Nolan another chance.  

Say what you want about Nolan but his ideas are at least original. 

• Like 3