Chris Nolan Joint — TENET up next!

opengeo

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Say what you want about Nolan but his ideas are at least original. 

True.  And i love the themes.

17 hours ago, heyeaglefn said:

It is already on sale for 14.99 from Microsoft, it will probably be 9.99 in the next month on one of the providers.  It is for 4k codes.  I saw them on Reddit earlier for 10 so it is definitely dropping.  

Does no one here torrent anymore? Or is this a moral issue on the EMB now?

6 hours ago, jrsu37 said:

Maybe try not being poor. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 9:49 PM, Mat said:

Well this is pretty much garbage to average at best. Maybe the subtitles will help some but I wouldn't rush out to see it.

Garbage to average at best? 🤣 Really, nothing like Chris Nolan bashers. 

Just got around to watching this. Bought it obv so i can support Nolan who is perhaps the best director in my lifetime. It was very good. Tbh, i think Washington’s performance was one of the main reasons the movie wasn’t elite like Inception or Interstellar. Denzel has taught him much, but he doesn’t have that presence on screen like his dad did. Overall would rank this one just above middle in the Nolan chronology of all very good movies. 

Interstellar, Inception, The Prestige, Dark Knight, Tenet, Memento, Batman Begins, Dark Knight Rises, Dunkirk, Insomnia

3 hours ago, opengeo said:

Just got around to watching this. Bought it obv so i can support Nolan who is perhaps the best director in my lifetime. It was very good. Tbh, i think Washington’s performance was one of the main reasons the movie wasn’t elite like Inception or Interstellar. Denzel has taught him much, but he doesn’t have that presence on screen like his dad did. Overall would rank this one just above middle in the Nolan chronology of all very good movies. 

Interstellar, Inception, The Prestige, Dark Knight, Tenet, Memento, Batman Begins, Dark Knight Rises, Dunkirk, Insomnia

the kitchen fight was still great by JDW tho!

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

the kitchen fight was still great by JDW tho!

Absolutely. But also a bit forced and out of character imo. Before then there was no indication that this dude could fight like Jason Bourne. 

1 hour ago, opengeo said:

Absolutely. But also a bit forced and out of character imo. Before then there was no indication that this dude could fight like Jason Bourne. 

I mean he was part of an elite CIA "on the ground” ops team blending in with Ukrainian swat team and ready to take cyanide pills and doing 100ft off the ground pull-ups inside a windmill lol 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I mean he was part of an elite CIA "on the ground” ops team blending in with Ukrainian swat team and ready to take cyanide pills and doing 100ft off the ground pull-ups inside a windmill lol 

:roll:

right?! It's not like he was some yoga instructor drinking chia tea

On 1/5/2021 at 9:27 AM, jrsu37 said:

I plead the 5th

23 hours ago, opengeo said:

Ohhhhhhh I like this game!

My personal rankings:

1. Interstellar

2. The Prestige

3. The Dark Night

4. Inception

5. Dunkirk

6. Insomnia

7. Batman Begins

8. Momento

I've had Tenet for over a month, but haven't watched it yet. Seems harder for me to get into a movie w social distancing and never leaving my house. Will make a point to watch it this week/weekend.

I've never seen Dark Night Rises so couldn't rank it. I started it multiple times, and just fell asleep every time.

Also in this discussion of Nolan, I'd put Denis Villeneuve right next to him as best movie maker currently out there. I can't say "of my time" with Spielberg, Scorsese and a few others still out there alive.

Villenueve has: Arrival, Blade Runner 2049, Sicario, Enemy, Prisoners, Incendies, Dune.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 9:43 AM, opengeo said:

Washington is the brightest spot of a mediocre movie.

10 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Different strokes for different folks. 

13 hours ago, jrsu37 said:

Ohhhhhhh I like this game!

My personal rankings:

1. Interstellar

2. The Prestige

3. The Dark Night

4. Inception

5. Dunkirk

6. Insomnia

7. Batman Begins

8. Momento

I've had Tenet for over a month, but haven't watched it yet. Seems harder for me to get into a movie w social distancing and never leaving my house. Will make a point to watch it this week/weekend.

I've never seen Dark Night Rises so couldn't rank it. I started it multiple times, and just fell asleep every time.

Also in this discussion of Nolan, I'd put Denis Villeneuve right next to him as best movie maker currently out there. I can't say "of my time" with Spielberg, Scorsese and a few others still out there alive.

Villenueve has: Arrival, Blade Runner 2049, Sicario, Enemy, Prisoners, Incendies, Dune.

Let us know what you think. Definitely suggest you go into it with modest expectations. 

I've watched it at home once and the special features/behind the scenes once at home. While was v enjoyable watching at home (this is after 2 theaters viewings and plenty of youtube rabbit holes the firs week after the initial watch), the action set pieces which are really well done, were so much more immersive in the IMAX theater. Most people missing out on seeing there is the worst part of the pandemic with regards to the film industry.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 10:48 AM, dawkins4prez said:

Watched it over recently and thought his acting was downright bad and flow of the movie felt off because of it. Robert Pattinson was by far the bright spot to me. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I tried watching this but had to turn it off because I couldn’t hear a Fing thing they were saying.  Turn down the music!  The fact they have to cover up a bad script, and terrible dialog, along with mediocre acting with increase soundtracks tells me how bad the movie really is.  20 minutes in and I killed it. 

• Like 2

On 1/18/2021 at 8:43 AM, opengeo said:

The directing was fine. The script sucked. 

On 5/1/2021 at 9:38 PM, DBW said:

I tried watching this but had to turn it off because I couldn’t hear a Fing thing they were saying.  Turn down the music!  The fact they have to cover up a bad script, and terrible dialog, along with mediocre acting with increase soundtracks tells me how bad the movie really is.  20 minutes in and I killed it. 

I made it about 90 mins in and was bored with it. I then checked to see how long it was, and saw that it was 2 and a half hours long. There was just no way I could sit through another hour of it.