It's not enough that we have the best receiving corps in the NFL

JP HOF

16 hours ago, nipples said:

Yes, I’m sure they drafted a top 10 WR 2 years ago and traded for a top 5-10 WR this year so they could run the ball all day. 

The ultimate fake! All the secondary on Brown, Smith, Goedert and Watkins so that Hurts and Sanders can run freely. Genius! 😄

9 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

I still think he’s izdum 

His grammar is not that bad lol. He was on the old board 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

His grammar is not that bad lol. He was on the old board 

Yea. I called him izdum then too. Maybe he signed up for grammarly ? 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

I don't talk about "franchise QB"   There is no such thing as "franchise QB".   It's a term made up by the MSM.    There are QBs.   There are starting QBs,  backup QBs.  And then there are adjectives to describe the QBs.   Bad, good, great.   But there is no such thing as a "Franchise QB".   And you're not going to see me using the term "Franchise QB" because it's not a real thing.  So,  that quote thing you did was wrong.   

The Media is Trash,  the MSM is Garbage,  and your comment seems like it it's taken from their playbook.   I don't care what someone is "thought of".   Hurts got wins last year.  Hurts will get wins this year.   Running QBs win.

There are QB's that franchises have invested heavily in that would not be easy to walk away from because of the commitment they have made. I don't see what the issue is calling them franchise QB's. The way I see it the word "franchise" is just another adjective used to describe a QB in this position.

16 hours ago, NOTW said:
  1. It's not the best WR group in the NFL; they haven't even played together yet
  2. If it is the best WR group in the NFL, why would they be a run first offense?
  3. They ran more last year because of a struggling passing game
  4. Lurie wants an explosive passing offense, he's said that for years
  5. They didn't trade for AJ Brown so he can run block
  6. You do want a solid running game and balance; use the right plays in the right situations. 

This pretty much hits on all of my thoughts but #6 is key. I prefer balance and taking what the defense gives you. When you start thinking in terms of pass/run first offense you make it easier for teams to defend you. A balanced offense doesn't need to have the best, or even great, anything to be successful. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how you win as long as you win. How a team lost will always be up for debate.

12 hours ago, brkmsn said:

So we're ranking last year's groups then. I thought we were talking about 2022.

So what has the receivers done in 2022 so far? Bengals receivers played in a Superbowl 

You are allowed to project what you think will happen this season, but it's foolish to attack someone who brings up what's on tape. Brown wasn't a 1000 yard receiver last year...same goes for Smith 

12 hours ago, brkmsn said:

So we're ranking last year's groups then. I thought we were talking about 2022.

We are.  The Bengals top 3 WR’s will smoke our top 3 statistically this year.  And before you post a silly retort, let’s get right to putting a wager on it.  

The Bengals top 3 WR’s have more catches and yards, you have the avatar of my choice for a month.

The Eagles top 3 WR’s have more catches and yards, I have the avatar of your choice for a month.

Do we have a deal ??

On 9/9/2022 at 9:57 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They absolutely do not need to run it as much as they did last year. And if they do then Sirianni could be in trouble. They've invested heavily at the receiver position and it is now on Hurts to make this work. If he doesn't then he's not going to get that big contract and he could put his coaches in trouble. 

Winning is the goal.   a heavy run diet is the surest way towards that goal.  Hurts is not a 5000 yd passing guy.

19 minutes ago, downundermike said:

We are.  The Bengals top 3 WR’s will smoke our top 3 statistically this year.  And before you post a silly retort, let’s get right to putting a wager on it.  

The Bengals top 3 WR’s have more catches and yards, you have the avatar of my choice for a month.

The Eagles top 3 WR’s have more catches and yards, I have the avatar of your choice for a month.

Do we have a deal ??

eating-popcorn-oh-yeah.gif

2 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

Winning is the goal.   a heavy run diet is the surest way towards that goal.  Hurts is not a 5000 yd passing guy.

So new NFL be damned, we are gonna run it for a ring?

17 hours ago, NOTW said:
  1. It's not the best WR group in the NFL; they haven't even played together yet

Who has 3 better than Brown, Smith and Goedart?

1. If it is the best WR group in the NFL, why would they be a run first offense?

because Josh Allen or Mahomes is not their QB.  Hurts runs better than he throws too.

1. They ran more last year because of a struggling passing game

They were one of the best rushing teams in recent years.

1. Lurie wants an explosive passing offense, he's said that for years

He won't meddle if we're winning.

1. They didn't trade for AJ Brown so he can run block

He may catch 15 TDs.

5 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

Who has a better three receiving options .... Miami, Tampa, Cincy, probably Rams, chargers, Minnesota, buffalo, possibly Vegas off the top of my head 

10 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

eating-popcorn-oh-yeah.gif

well if you think about the fact that our backup o-line would be in the top 5 o-lines in the league, that's a proposition you ride if you can.

Just now, Shalodeep said:

Who has a better three receiving options .... Miami, Tampa, Cincy, probably Rams, chargers, Minnesota, buffalo, possibly Vegas off the top of my head 

none of them except for Vegas has a top TE.

4 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

well if you think about the fact that our backup o-line would be in the top 5 o-lines in the league, that's a proposition you ride if you can.

Let's be real. When is the last time a run heavy offense won it all? Possibly Wilson's ring, but that was backed by a legendary defense 

1 minute ago, Shalodeep said:

Let's be real. When is the last time a run heavy offense won it all? Possibly Wilson's ring, but that was backed by a legendary defense 

Ravens were on a roll a few years ago and could have done it possibly.

5 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

none of them except for Vegas has a top TE.

So it specifically needed to have a tight end instead of a third option ....still taking Tampa Miami and buffalo right now 

1 minute ago, JP HOF said:

Ravens were on a roll a few years ago and could have done it possibly.

And what happened? Got stomped in the dirt in the playoffs just like we did 

12 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

And never develop a QB? No thanks. This isn't the 90s

4 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Hell, I may take new Orleans options by the end of the year 

I think it depends on Smith taking a leap and Watkins taking another step then maybe we can talk about them being up there. They are least have the guys to get there IMO. Getting the ball to them obviously is going to play a major part in smith and Watkins taking the next step. 

I rather have 3 good to really good receivers then 1 elite receiver and some jags. So I'm happy with our core for now. 

8 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

The 2013 Seahawks had 420 pass attempts and 44 sacks (464 drop backs) They ran the ball with RBs 413 times. Wilson ran 96 times.

In 2014 it was 454 and 42 (496 drop backs) They ran the ball 407 times with RBs and Wilson ran 118 times.

I'd be OK with those kind of numbers if it leads to 13-4 and the bye.

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think it depends on Smith taking a leap and Watkins taking another step then maybe we can talk about them being up there. They are least have the guys to get there IMO. Getting the ball to them obviously is going to play a major part in smith and Watkins taking the next step. 

I rather have 3 good to really good receivers then 1 elite receiver and some jags. So I'm happy with our core for now. 

I'm happy with them too, trust me. it's just stupid to call them #1 when they don't even have an appropriate QB to prove it and the guy saying they are #1 wants to have a heavy run offense lol 

6 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The 2013 Seahawks had 420 pass attempts and 44 sacks (464 drop backs) They ran the ball with RBs 413 times. Wilson ran 96 times.

In 2014 it was 454 and 42 (496 drop backs) They ran the ball 407 times with RBs and Wilson ran 118 times.

I'd be OK with those kind of numbers if it leads to 13-4 and the bye.

We are in agreement if it lead to that. I just don't think we have the defense to back that kind of offense. We will need to score big eventually 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Do we have a deal ??

I think you're forgetting the post before where I said:

I would rank the Bengals ahead of us, but "light years" is an exaggeration.

Even if I didn't believe what I said earlier, it's a fool's bet since the Bengals attempt more passes than we do and throw to their TE less. There's a good chance that our second or 3rd leading receiver is not a WR, but a TE. 

For a few seasons, the 49ers clearly had the best QB room in the NFL with Montana  and Young, but being QBs only one could play at a time. They weren't the best QB room because of individual season totals. They were the best room because they had two players capable of playing at a level that would see them end in the HOF. I predict the Eagles will change their run/pass ratio to a percentage that slightly favors the pass this season, but I also predict the Bengals will attempt more passes. Health permitting, I believe their top 3 receivers will be WRs. I don't believe our top 3 will be WRs. That doesn't mean we don't have a very good group of WRs ourselves. It means we run a different offense and have a much better TE. 

47 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Teams don't have to copy the latest trends to be successful. As I've been saying for years --- as more teams build their defenses to stop the pass, teams that build their offense more and more around the run will have more and more success.