It's not enough that we have the best receiving corps in the NFL

JP HOF

We must run it a similar amount to how we did when we got on a roll last year.  I suspect Siriani is infatuated with the pass game especially as it stands now and that could be an equalizer for a team where our greatest strength is our power offensive line.  We need to be run first.  I'm pretty sure we won't be.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JP HOF said:

We must run it a similar amount to how we did when we got on a roll last year.  I suspect Siriani is infatuated with the pass game especially as it stands now and that could be an equalizer for a team where our greatest strength is our power offensive line.  We need to be run first.  I'm pretty sure we won't be.

When we have a great distributor of the ball, we should definitely focus the offense on passing. Right now it would be an absolute waste to rely on the QB to win us games. So I kinda agree with you 

6 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

When we have a great distributor of the ball, we should definitely focus the offense on passing. Right now it would be an absolute waste to rely on the QB to win us games. So I kinda agree with you 

well I think Hurts will be fine but a power running attack like last year more consistently churns out wins.   Passers even if they're having a good night can end up throwing 3-4 picks that aren't even their fault.

Yes, I’m sure they drafted a top 10 WR 2 years ago and traded for a top 5-10 WR this year so they could run the ball all day. 

• Haha 2

Just now, JP HOF said:

well I think Hurts will be fine but a power running attack like last year more consistently churns out wins.   Passers even if they're having a good night can end up throwing 3-4 picks that aren't even their fault.

So who's clone are you? I'm thinking RR

Just now, Shalodeep said:

So who's clone are you? I'm thinking RR

huh?  I'm a diehard fan who stopped posting here cause a couple guys trolled my every post.  i blocked them so now I'm back to trying now and again.  my previous name was MathisGone.

11 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

huh?  I'm a diehard fan who stopped posting here cause a couple guys trolled my every post.  i blocked them so now I'm back to trying now and again.  my previous name was MathisGone.

Very few talk about surviving off the power running game especially in this day and age. It's useful at the end of the game, but as an identity it won't lead you to the promised land. We can get 10-11 wins, but never aim for a ring without going airborne 

1 hour ago, JP HOF said:

I'd like to see our offense progress in the passing department. I never want to abandon the run like teams of past did frequently, but establishing the passing game as just as big a threat as the running game will only make runs more effective. 

• Like 1

Just now, Shalodeep said:

Very few talk about surviving off the power running game especially in this day and age. It's useful at the end of the game, but as an identity it won't lead you to the promised land. We can get 10-11 wins, but never aim for a ring without going airborne 

well to me it feels like a given we'll have our share of big plays this year.  i would normally not be so sold on a running attack in this era but last year for awhile we were like a machine.

17 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

well to me it feels like a given we'll have our share of big plays this year.  i would normally not be so sold on a running attack in this era but last year for awhile we were like a machine.

I feel a lot of that dealt with the schedule. I like the few turnover and wear them out playing style, but I'm not naive to the changes in the league. We will need to be more than just effective in the air against real competition. Hopefully our defense keeps people in check better this year, but watching Allen destroy the rams last night....not so confident that is possible 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, olsilverhair said:

yep, but they got one big glaring hole, the qb

Some of you just can't let a thread go by without this nonsense.  <_<

• Like 2

Lurie has said it over and over he wants a prolific passing offense. So no don't expect power running. 

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

He is talking about @downundermike and I. Yeah he isn't a clone just a clueless thread creator

• Like 2

Wait, isn’t anyone challenging the title of this thread?  I would think it’s fair to say we have a good and perhaps a very good receiving corps.  We are being ranked as top 5, but not the best:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-receiving-corps-rankings-cincinnati-bengals-philadelphia-eagles-2022

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/2022-nfl-wide-receiver-tight-end-rankings-by-team/ 

3 hours ago, JP HOF said:

This has kinda been the case for the last 5+ years.  We have had an excellent and athletic O-line for quite a while, but the owner wants this team to be exciting and dynamic, and to him that means passing the ball a lot.  So yeah, the focus is going to be on passing and it will probably shake out somewhere around 65/35 pass/run ratio if not 70/30

Sirianni seems to be able to adjust when something isn't working......he did it last year to good effect.

I don't care how they do it honestly.......go with what is gaining yards and scoring.......get the lead, get some turnovers, chew the clock......The eagles offense is going to be formidable one way or the other. 

They absolutely do not need to run it as much as they did last year. And if they do then Sirianni could be in trouble. They've invested heavily at the receiver position and it is now on Hurts to make this work. If he doesn't then he's not going to get that big contract and he could put his coaches in trouble. 

You don't run 1st in today's NFL if you have a good QB, WR's and TE's. You run 1st if you suck at those positions.

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

You don't run 1st in today's NFL if you have a good QB, WR's and TE's. You run 1st if you suck at those positions.

And only one of those positions is a question mark

7 hours ago, time2rock said:

Some of you just can't let a thread go by without this nonsense.  <_<

It’s not nonsense