Week 2 line thread: Eagles open -1.5 vs Vikings

Hawkeye

Eagles are laying 1.5 in early action, which feels shaded.  Still, the home opener, prime time TV and all that make for a challenging line set.  The total is high as well.

Line: Eagles -1.5 over Vikings
Total: 51.5
Money line: Eagles -125/Vikings +105 (this is the play if you like Minnesota). 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

Eagles are laying 1.5 in early action, which feels shaded.  Still, the home opener, prime time TV and all that make for a challenging line set.  The total is high as well.

Line: Eagles -1.5 over Vikings
Total: 51.5
Money line: Eagles -125/Vikings +105 (this is the play if you like Minnesota). 

Can't believe the Vikings are getting points

Can't say I like that line. Vegas know what they are doing that's for sure... I think I'd take the Vikings on that line. Not that I'll bet against us. 

Hopefully after experiencing a far inferior offense giving our defense fits it serves as a wake up call in preparations this week.  Otherwise it is going to be a looooooooooooooong night next Monday.  

• Like 2

I wouldn't pick the game, but if I had to I would take the Vikings and the points.

That line tells me that it's the beginning of the season and vegas can't figure out the eagles or the vikings.

The vikings played an emotional home opener against a hated, division opponent. The eagles played like they listened to too much hype and underestimated and improved lions team.

This game is the home opener for the eagles on monday night national TV.......the Linc should be rocking and the eagles have to improve on last years 3-5 home record.  They have to make playing in philly a nightmare for opponents.

Vikings could have a let down by soundly beating the packers.  And I'm sure that the eagles struggles against detroit did not please Sirianni, regardless of what he says publicly.  

Eagles 28 Viqueens 24

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

That line tells me that it's the beginning of the season and vegas can't figure out the eagles or the vikings.

And ultimately I think it's a good match up between 2 fairly even teams. 

• Like 1

Take the over.  0% these 2 teams don't score 52 points. Minny might score that themselves.  

Good gawd what a bunch of chicken littles this fan base is.  Eagles have some very favorable matchups against the Vikes at the LOS.  Vikes interior OLine is bad and the Eagles beefy DT rotation will not have 2 straight duds.  Vikings DLine is a bunch of stiff fatties that Kelce, Johnson and Mailata will run circles around.  The Eagles should be laying the full home field 3.

• Like 1

The Eagles are going to struggle in this game if the defense doesn’t pick it up and the offense doesn’t pass block much better than they have. Have to do much better than they did against the run and they have to get pressure on Cousins. At this moment it’s hard to tell what this Eagles team is yet. Heard on the radio the was the sixth consecutive gave the defense has given up a first drive touchdown. Not a good trend especially if our offense isn’t getting things started quickly. 

7 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

The vikings played an emotional home opener against a hated, division opponent. The eagles played like they listened to too much hype and underestimated and improved lions team.

This game is the home opener for the eagles on monday night national TV.......the Linc should be rocking and the eagles have to improve on last years 3-5 home record.  They have to make playing in philly a nightmare for opponents.

Vikings could have a let down by soundly beating the packers.  And I'm sure that the eagles struggles against detroit did not please Sirianni, regardless of what he says publicly.  

Eagles 28 Viqueens 24

Jalen Hurts was able to run at will.  The Eagles took a big lead, and the Lions never had the ball with the chance to lead in the 2nd half.

Jalen Hurts is on pace to break Lamar Jackson's single season rushing record.  The year Lamar Jackson set that record, the Ravens went 14-2. 

If Jalen Hurts keeps running for 90 yards a game at 5.5 ypc, the Eagles will keep winning. He's big and fast like a running back and he breaks tackles.  He slides ok. 

3rd and 15,  Hurts runs for 16.   This works. 

If all of the rushing tds (4) were passing tds,  Hurts stats would have been better.  But the Eagles wouldn't have been better off.  If those were passing TDs, Hurts would have had a high passer rating, and if they kept doing that,  he'd end up with a Lamar Jackson 2019 stat line, and Lamar won the MVP.  After that,  Hurts gets $50 M a year or he leaves. 

Has Cousins won a prime time game yet? I remember for the longest time he never won a Sunday or Monday night game. 

3 minutes ago, nipples said:

Has Cousins won a prime time game yet? I remember for the longest time he never won a Sunday or Monday night game. 

I think he got one last year or the year before, but I don’t recall who it came against. 

I don't see Eagles winning this one, not because of the players but because of Gannon.

Gannon will go into his shell and play cautious while Cousins and Jefferson violate the Eagles D.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

LOOOL. So many "ifs". If my aunt had a wiener she'd be my uncle too.

He got one thing right though, Hurts is a RB. He's a QB in name only. He sucks. 

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

Hurts is a RB. He's a QB in name only. He sucks. 

lol

Before the game Jaworski said:

"Looking at Hurts’ throws this offseason, overall, I think he’s done a really good job. I think there is a natural growth that you see in a young quarterback. Along the way there were some setbacks.”

"That was a turning point for the Eagles last year, but Jalen made great decisions in that scheme, because there is a new style in the NFL right now,” Jaworski said. "I thought he did a tremendous job in making those reads. Here’s the thing that we sometimes overlook, because we still tend to look at football in the conventional way with quarterbacks dropping back, timing, rhythm, and those things are very important, don’t get me wrong

But there is a new style NFL right now. The RPOs, the zone reads, the quarterback has to make those split-decisions in the running game as well. And Jalen did a tremendous job with that. The running game is still very important to the Eagles right now—and the quarterback position is still important to that.

"They took the ball out of his hands, to a certain degree, but it was Jalen still making the decisions.”

"Where Jalen gets in trouble is when his mechanics break down,” he said. "He worked on it in the offseason. I’m sure his coaches coached him up on it. His deep ball has a tendency to lose energy down the field because his mechanics were off. He wasn’t driving his hips; he wasn’t throwing off his back leg.

"Consequently, the energy wasn’t there. That’s where he got himself in trouble. That’s not due to a lack of arm strength. It’s a matter of mechanics. I’m not as concerned as some people are about that.”

"Hurts will face a different Detroit team than he faced last year, I will tell you that,” Jaworski said. "Running quarterbacks run, because they can. They don’t learn about going through progressions, because they have escape ability. It’s why they come off primary receivers.

"When the Eagles’ coaching staff dialed up the right play, Jalen executed. Where he got himself in a little trouble was when the anticipated defense changed, and he had a tendency to rush and get out of the pocket. He didn’t trust himself to go through those progression quickly.

"We don’t know if he can do it or can’t do it. We’ll find out on Sunday against Detroit.”