THE FIRE GANNON AND HIRE FANGIO NOW THREAD

Procus

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Everyone would be begging to fire him too after one game. 😂

I was am still to a degree a doubter but he has schemed it well the past two games. Jags can run the ball and they dink and dunk very well. I like the CBs on the line in man and the LBs in tight. Could be a game where Davis shines as opposed to the pass rush. They need to stuff the run. 

1 hour ago, Jeep_man said:

Still don't trust Gannon....

It's going to take a lot I think but the last 2 weeks have been much better. A move in the right direction. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It's going to take a lot I think but the last 2 weeks have been much better. A move in the right direction. 

Let's see how the D is performing midway through the season.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Let's see how the D is performing midway through the season.

Mid-season is the real test?

On 9/26/2022 at 1:55 AM, Next_Up said:

I was am still to a degree a doubter but he has schemed it well the past two games. Jags can run the ball and they dink and dunk very well. I like the CBs on the line in man and the LBs in tight. Could be a game where Davis shines as opposed to the pass rush. They need to stuff the run. 

Run defense has been a little suspect. Davis is still learning how to play the NFL game it seems, and although he's big and strong he also tends to lose his leverage. He's not being as impactful as many of us hoped so far so I believe that is part of the problem. I do think I would much rather them be better against the pass than the run as this is a passing league for sure. They did hold the talented (but always seems to be injured) to 6 carries for 17 yards. Not a bad job there, but it also helps that their offense is getting out to these big early leads and forcing teams out of their run game. Hopefully when they get into more close games they will be able to play much better against the run as a whole.

On 9/26/2022 at 2:54 AM, Jeep_man said:

Still don't trust Gannon....

In 8 quarters of football the defense has given up 13 total points. They seem to be trending upwards and that's with people saying their last two opponents were some of the better offenses in football. Frankly the Lions haven't been that bad offensively either. They're averaging 31 points a game. I can't say I "trust" Gannon either, but I can acknowledge his unit is improving.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Macho Grande said:

Mid-season is the real test?

No, that's the pre-test.  The real test will come sometime after that pretest.

I have to be honest, looking at the Eagles schedule, I don't see much of any tests at all.  I'm not saying they'll go 17-0, but let's just say every game will be a trap game here on out.

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

In 8 quarters of football the defense has given up 13 total points. They seem to be trending upwards and that's with people saying their last two opponents were some of the better offenses in football. Frankly the Lions haven't been that bad offensively either. They're averaging 31 points a game. I can't say I "trust" Gannon either, but I can acknowledge his unit is improving.

Did Gannon design something to keep Jefferson out of the game or did Slay pretty much do that on his own? Cousins isn't good enough to beat them on his own, so it's hard to say they have faced a good QB yet. We don't know what will happen when they do.

3 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Did Gannon design something to keep Jefferson out of the game or did Slay pretty much do that on his own? Cousins isn't good enough to beat them on his own, so it's hard to say they have faced a good QB yet. We don't know what will happen when they do.

Cousins averages 4000 passing yards a season and generally throws over 30 plus touchdowns. I don't think this dude is elite, but the idea that he hasn't been an offensive weapon is false. The last time Cousins played the Eagles prior to this game he threw for 333 yards and 4 touchdowns. The time before that he completed 30 of 37 passes for 301 yards and a touchdown. The Vikings won both games. Also Gannon allowing to let Slay cover Jefferson is still a choice made by the DC. How many times did we see Schwartz just allow teams to move around their best receiver to match him up against our worst cover guy because he never allowed those guys to switch? 

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Cousins averages 4000 passing yards a season and generally throws over 30 plus touchdowns. I don't think this dude is elite, but the idea that he hasn't been an offensive weapon is false. The last time Cousins played the Eagles prior to this game he threw for 333 yards and 4 touchdowns. The time before that he completed 30 of 37 passes for 301 yards and a touchdown. The Vikings won both games. Also Gannon allowing to let Slay cover Jefferson is still a choice made by the DC. How many times did we see Schwartz just allow teams to move around their best receiver to match him up against our worst cover guy because he never allowed those guys to switch? 

The Vikings have also had pretty good WR during his time there. Yeah, Gannon gets credit for allowing Slay to match up on him, but it's hard to evaluate what a good QB could do to the defense as well. One of the top QB wouldn't fall apart the way we saw Cousins do so. I think we'll know more when we face Green Bay.

20 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

The Vikings have also had pretty good WR during his time there. Yeah, Gannon gets credit for allowing Slay to match up on him, but it's hard to evaluate what a good QB could do to the defense as well. One of the top QB wouldn't fall apart the way we saw Cousins do so. I think we'll know more when we face Green Bay.

What is a good quarterback? Jefferson isn't considered one of the best receivers in the league? Just feels like people say they want to see something to prove someone has gotten better and then completely move the bar when the person passes those expectations. Gannon's defense plays the teams in front of him. As of right now they're playing better than they did last year. Waste your time waiting for the next obstacle you think should be their measuring stick all you like. All I know is everyone said Wentz was playing good.... then he played the Eagles. Cousins, Cooke, Jefferson, and Thielen were a legit force to be reckoned with.... and then they played the Eagles. Now they're saying Trevor Lawrence is finally starting to look like the guy they drafted. The Jags just beat a team many assumed would be a legit Super Bowl contender and demolished them. What will you say if the Eagles hold them to 10 or less points? They aren't good either?

15 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

What is a good quarterback? Jefferson isn't considered one of the best receivers in the league? Just feels like people say they want to see something to prove someone has gotten better and then completely move the bar when the person passes those expectations. Gannon's defense plays the teams in front of him. As of right now they're playing better than they did last year. Waste your time waiting for the next obstacle you think should be their measuring stick all you like. All I know is everyone said Wentz was playing good.... then he played the Eagles. Cousins, Cooke, Jefferson, and Thielen were a legit force to be reckoned with.... and then they played the Eagles. Now they're saying Trevor Lawrence is finally starting to look like the guy they drafted. The Jags just beat a team many assumed would be a legit Super Bowl contender and demolished them. What will you say if the Eagles hold them to 10 or less points? They aren't good either?

Jefferson is one of the best, which is why I'm saying they took him away and Cousins couldn't do much. A good QB is one they could face in the playoffs or has the ability to still do damage even if you take his best target away. Cousins isn't bad, but I wouldn't say he is an accurate test. If they hold the kid to 10 I'd say good, but I want to see them against Green Bay. Rodgers is pretty much the only legit QB they will face. Dak? Maybe. Jones, Ryan, Tannehill, Murray, Fields, Trubisky, and Winston aren't high bars.

8 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Jefferson is one of the best, which is why I'm saying they took him away and Cousins couldn't do much. A good QB is one they could face in the playoffs or has the ability to still do damage even if you take his best target away. Cousins isn't bad, but I wouldn't say he is an accurate test. If they hold the kid to 10 I'd say good, but I want to see them against Green Bay. Rodgers is pretty much the only legit QB they will face. Dak? Maybe. Jones, Ryan, Tannehill, Murray, Fields, Trubisky, and Winston aren't high bars.

LOL even if they hold down Rodgers you will say he doesn't have any receivers to throw to. Statistically right now he's not even putting up special numbers. I could show you the quarterbacks the Eagles went up against in 2017 and I doubt you will be impressed. Who cares who the beat up as long as the outcome is wins. 

59 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

LOL even if they hold down Rodgers you will say he doesn't have any receivers to throw to. Statistically right now he's not even putting up special numbers. I could show you the quarterbacks the Eagles went up against in 2017 and I doubt you will be impressed. Who cares who the beat up as long as the outcome is wins. 

The fact is Gannon doesn't have an excellent track record. I'm not bashing him after the first three weeks, but the bottom line is we all should sit back and let them prove it against some QB or OC who can pick what he is doing apart to see how he adjusts. We can debate the criteria, but they need to show more. I'm picking a good QB. You can choose whatever you want, but it needs to be more than the three teams they have faced. 

6 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

The fact is Gannon doesn't have an excellent track record. I'm not bashing him after the first three weeks, but the bottom line is we all should sit back and let them prove it against some QB or OC who can pick what he is doing apart to see how he adjusts. We can debate the criteria, but they need to show more. I'm picking a good QB. You can choose whatever you want, but it needs to be more than the three teams they have faced. 

Truth is one good quarterback doesn't mean he is a good coach. It doesn't matter, because one good game isn't going to change your overall opinion about him. You are set in your mind not to like him. You will give yourself a reason not to like him even if he dominates that one good quarterback.  Again I am not ready to say I am sold on Gannon either, but last season middling quarterbacks like Goff and Carr were still completing 80% of their passes against the Eagles. Right now (Goff, Cousins,and Wentz) are completing 57% of their passes. They're playing much better than they did last year and considering they upgraded some positions they should be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Truth is one good quarterback doesn't mean he is a good coach. It doesn't matter, because one good game isn't going to change your overall opinion about him. You are set in your mind not to like him. You will give yourself a reason not to like him even if he dominates that one good quarterback.  Again I am not ready to say I am sold on Gannon either, but last season middling quarterbacks like Goff and Carr were still completing 80% of their passes against the Eagles. Right now (Goff, Cousins,and Wentz) are completing 57% of their passes. They're playing much better than they did last year and considering they upgraded some positions they should be. 

Anytime we chat you are all over the map and I think you like to argue. Nobody said ONE good QB would make or break him as a coach. I'd like to see that and then we'll go from there. Nobody said I'm never changing my mind. Wentz sucks.

2 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Anytime we chat you are all over the map and I think you like to argue. Nobody said ONE good QB would make or break him as a coach. I'd like to see that and then we'll go from there. Nobody said I'm never changing my mind. Wentz sucks.

Seems like you wish to argue here. I'm just telling you the truth. The Eagles defense has been better this year than they were last year. The defense is doing better against middling quarterbacks that owned them last season. Does Wentz suck or did the Eagles make him suck, because prior to that game he was one of the league leaders in yards and touchdowns. He was looking better than Rodgers. Who is your end all be all.  Also, as I've already stated, Gannon is just a Fangio clone so you're firing a guy and hiring a guy that runs the same system.  

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Seems like you wish to argue here. I'm just telling you the truth. The Eagles defense has been better this year than they were last year. The defense is doing better against middling quarterbacks that owned them last season. Does Wentz suck or did the Eagles make him suck, because prior to that game he was one of the league leaders in yards and touchdowns. He was looking better than Rodgers. Who is your end all be all.  Also, as I've already stated, Gannon is just a Fangio clone so you're firing a guy and hiring a guy that runs the same system.  

Lol you are nuts. Wentz sucks.

3 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Lol you are nuts. Wentz sucks.

I'm not giving you my opinion on Wentz. I'm telling you what everyone was saying. Heck someone around these parts said Wentz was better than Goff and Cousins. In any case the Eagles made all three of them look mostly mediocre. Every last one of them have thrown for over 4000 yards at least once in their careers. 

On 9/26/2022 at 4:40 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agree.  The defense, overall, just has more talent this year compared to last year so I'm sure that's making his job easier.  That said, Gannon does seem to be playing more aggressively this year with blitzing so maybe he's finally learned.

I hope Gannon puts up a sub 17 points allowed streak through the playoffs and everyone can mock us for wanting him to be fired.

Like Hurts he's still got a lot of work left to do but the last 2 results can't be denied.

Any coach whose D puts Wentz on his butt 9 times in the 'revenge game' deserves a gold star too.

Gannon is finally showing some plan with better personnel.  Can write off game 1 as lack of practice.  It's still not as though I think he's better than Fangio but he's been impressive for 2 weeks

9 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Gannon is finally showing some plan with better personnel.  Can write off game 1 as lack of practice.  It's still not as though I think he's better than Fangio but he's been impressive for 2 weeks

I loathe the new CBA causing teams to treat week 1 like the old week 3 of preseason.

Lack of practice is accurate.