God of War

DoWorx

just finished the story and as a avid gamer all i have to say is HOLY ****!!!!!! one of the best games I've EVER played. The twist at the end is amazing. Cant wait for the next one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DoWorx said:

just finished the story and as a avid gamer all i have to say is HOLY ****!!!!!! one of the best games I've EVER played. The twist at the end is amazing. Cant wait for the next one.

I found out too late after I played the game that the camera maintains a "continuous shot" the entirety of the experience. 

14 hours ago, DoWorx said:

Great to read this. I recently purchased the game and it's next on my list after LOU 2.

6 minutes ago, opengeo said:

Great to read this. I recently purchased the game and it's next on my list after LOU 2.

bang it out before then brah! you got 22 days!!!

• Like 1

I keep getting to the end of this game, and just not finishing it. Going to pop it in now and see if I can finally close it out.

• Like 2

Just now, Agent23 said:

just man up and do it!

Am now! Just got Mimir's eye.

• Like 1

UPDATE!

Just finished...Good game. Glad I saw this thread and popped it in. (Dat wat she said)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrsu37 said:

UPDATE!

Just finished...Good game. Glad I saw this thread and popped it in. (Dat wat she said)

make sure and go back to your house and sleep 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DoWorx said:

GoW 2 for PS5 is going to be amazing. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DoWorx said:

make sure and go back to your house and sleep 

I don't remember if I slept. My dude goes HARD!

I couldn't beat the Valkyries but the story was one of the best

18 hours ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

GoW 2 for PS5 is going to be amazing. 

Is it going to be a sequel to this? Would love for the story to carry on. They should have added more worlds to travel to. Travesty that there was no DLC

10 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I don't remember if I slept. My dude goes HARD!

there is a dream sequence after you finish the game that sets up the next game

25 minutes ago, DoWorx said:

there is a dream sequence after you finish the game that sets up the next game

Link? I don't recall this

Well damn. Don't think I ever saw that. I think I was too busy trying to kill the Valkyries that were left and then just gave up

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Well damn. Don't think I ever saw that. I think I was too busy trying to kill the Valkyries that were left and then just gave up

I ain’t even try to kill some I don’t think lol 

On 5/30/2020 at 10:35 AM, Agent23 said:

I ain’t even try to kill some I don’t think lol 

They were difficult as hell. Though I was playing on the highest difficult. I kept getting my a** kicked and was like I'm done

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I decided to do the collectables and everything else for a platinum. I got everything but the queen Valkyrie. Pretty pissed that all I need is to beat her for the platinum. I've been looking up 'how to' videos. I've gotten close. I think maybe less than a quarter of her health. Even on the easiest difficulty she's super Fing difficult. She also will interrupt your runic weapons which is annoying as F

I can't believe I collected all of those damn ravens and did everything and it's just one damn battle that's keeping me from the platinum. If there was a cheesy way to beat her I'd do it. So far haven't found one

• 1 month later...

I just started this one -- about 3 hours in -- and it's not holding my interest like it probably should. I've never been into boss fighting type games or games with RTS elements such as this one when I need to instruct Atreus to shoot arrows. Movement is too wonky and linear. I just want open world dammit. Enemy encounters seem to be too scripted and I haven't yet developed any vested interest in the characters. Perhaps the call of No Man's Sky is having an impact? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Will continue and hope my feelings change.

It took sooo long for it to feel "right" compared to my past GOW experiences, but before I knew it everything was seamless and perfect.

I just wish I realized, and not AFTER my playthrough, that the whole game is one continuous camera shot. 

3 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

It took sooo long for it to feel "right" compared to my past GOW experiences, but before I knew it everything was seamless and perfect.

I just wish I realized, and not AFTER my playthrough, that the whole game is one continuous camera shot. 

Can you please explain what this means?

16 minutes ago, opengeo said:

Can you please explain what this means?

From when the game starts to the end credit roll, the camera never breaks off the character or cuts to some other angle or scene. Even switching in and out of your "cutscenes" where you're watching pre-rendered video and what not, it just always keeps the same continuous camera focus. 

• Like 1

Just now, Agent23 said:

From when the game starts to the end credit roll, the camera never breaks off the character or cuts to some other angle or scene. Even switching in and out of your "cutscenes" where you're watching pre-rendered video and what not, it just always keeps the same continuous camera focus. 

Got it. Why did you say you wish you knew that before your first play-through though? Is there some related impact to the player?

1 minute ago, opengeo said:

Got it. Why did you say you wish you knew that before your first play-through though? Is there some related impact to the player?

Would have been able to appreciate it more taking conscious note of it

• Like 2