True Detectives

DaEagles4Life

5 hours ago, The_Omega said:

I'm still watching, still enjoying it, but this pivot toward a corporate conspiracy could be a let down. We'll see.

The Max app has been a pain in the ass lately, has anyone else noticed that?  Slow to load, and often times won't load.  None of the other apps are as problematic.

Agreed.  I really dug the most recent 2 episodes. Some creepy horror vibes and some good "all these people are terrible" character development. I'm worried and the corporate conspiracy angle but hopefully it's more of a cover up for some really creepy crap going on.  We'll see.

I'm watching it through my amazon prime app. Much more reliable interface.  You can enter your HBO or Paramount etc subscription info into it and it comes right up on there. 

• Like 1

Eh. I guess it wasn't a

Spoiler

"corporate conspiracy" as much as a "scientific conspiracy"

, which was an unexpected twist, but it still wound up being pretty lame.  In this day and age I guess it shouldn't have been surprising that it turned out to be

Spoiler

gurrl power!

behind everything.  It's easy to completely dismiss the ultimate storyline based on that but, given the subject matter, it's not an entirely implausible scenario.

On 2/5/2024 at 1:34 PM, mr_hunt said:

yeah, i've heard great things about season 1. actually started watching the first ep this morning. so far it's woody & mcconaughey pretty much playing themselves but i'm sure it gets better. 

finished season 1. it was really good...not the best season in the history of television i see some people claim...but really good. i've never been a mcconaughey fan so maybe that's what kept me from liking it more. on-screen woody pulls some serious tail in this one. :lol:  his wife is waaaay out of his league...and then you have him railing the perfect boobs bro-ad & the f me in the arse bro-ad who are even more out of his league.  it's kind of laughable...but it's only a tv show...i get it...and we got to see them nekkid so everybody wins! 

i've heard bad things about season 2 & barely anything about season 3...so idk which season i'll start next. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

finished season 1. it was really good...not the best season in the history of television i see some people claim...but really good. i've never been a mcconaughey fan so maybe that's what kept me from liking it more. on-screen woody pulls some serious tail in this one. :lol:  his wife is waaaay out of his league...and then you have him railing the perfect boobs bro-ad & the f me in the arse bro-ad who are even more out of his league.  it's kind of laughable...but it's only a tv show...i get it...and we got to see them nekkid so everybody wins! 

i've heard bad things about season 2 & barely anything about season 3...so idk which season i'll start next. 

Shut your mouth about Season 1

I got thru four episodes of Season 4 and not interested in finishing it. 

jokic.gif

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

I felt like the Season 1 finale was a letdown.   

Don't even bother with Season 2. 

Season 3 was decent and is related to the story from Season 1 

On 2/20/2024 at 11:06 AM, mr_hunt said:

Skip season 2. Season 3 was solid. I thought season 4 was really good. 

Season 4 could have been REALLY good.  Should have been 8 episodes.  Ending felt pretty cheap too.

Think I'll re-watch season 3 sometime soon.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Season 4 could have been REALLY good.  Should have been 8 episodes.  Ending felt pretty cheap too.

Spoiler

I was definitely not a fan of that ending.  This season started off so awesome too, and I thought this story just fell flat.  I didn't really care that much towards the end.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Did you sip on some wine and get old fashion's from @hputeniswhile watching it? 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Godfather said:

Did you sip on some wine and get old fashion's from @hputeniswhile watching it? 

I wish - that would have made the ending more enjoyable

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I wish - that would have made the ending more enjoyable

I haven't watched it yet

idk why but i started season 2...only watched the first ep...seems all over the place so far...and they showed a lot of guys' butts. :nonono:  

so how bad is season 2?  :unsure:  and is it the story? the acting? the butts? 

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

idk why but i started season 2...only watched the first ep...seems all over the place so far...and they showed a lot of guys' butts. :nonono:  

I watched 15 minutes and turned it off 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

It's not the worst show ever made, it was just a big relative step down coming after season 1.  It does have a really good shootout scene a la the meth house raid from season 1.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

It was just.... Forgettable.... 

It lacked the tension and mythology of Season 1. 

It just felt like a bad 90s crime movie drawn out over 8 episodes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the game here but man they can never really end these seasons right can they?  It wasn't awful. But a disappointing after a promising start. Probably my favorite season after 1 but it and 3 are close. 

I guess I'm the only one liking season 2.  On ep. 6 Not as good as 1 of course.  

Didn't like Night Country. None of the seasons have come close to season 1 IMO

• Like 1

finished season 2...it wasn't bad. ending was meh but it's not like the main characters are gonna live happily ever after in a show like this. 

22 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

finished season 2...it wasn't bad. ending was meh but it's not like the main characters are gonna live happily ever after in a show like this. 

One of Season 2's biggest problem is the first episode does the worst job of setting the scene I've ever seen in a major series, it just throws all the major characters onto the screen, their back story is either the barest sketch (Farrell, Vaughn) or ignored (McAdam, Kitsch) and it just doesn't draw you in at all.

Season 4 started strong but then leant way too hard into the mystical crap and relationships, it's supposed to be a gritty police procedural and instead it was like a really dark reboot of Northern Exposure only instead of kooky Alaskan eccentrics the towns population were murderous drunken racists, venal corporate shills and stoic mystical inuit women. The resolution just sort of arrived and it was a big old cop out.

• Like 1

I was unable to finish season 2, it just got to weird.  Loved Season 3 and just finished 4 which was OK but not as good as 1 and 3.  I would re watch those 2.