Has Kelce overtaken Dawkins as the #1 fan favorite?

Portyansky

Different football generations.  There are a lot of current Eagles fans who never saw Dawk play (that makes me feel ancient BTW). 

Kelce has a ring and that victory speech is classic but I'm sticking with Dawkins.  For now.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I do like Kelce more, but I didn't watch Dawkins until 2002.

No matter whom each fan likes better, it's nice to have two legends like them over the past 25 years. 

Doesn't have to be an either/or deal. Kelce will join him in the Hall of Fame in a few years.

• Like 11

No.  And it's never going to be an either/or competition for one top spot.  They'll be side-by-side, shoulder to shoulder at the top of that mountain.

I've had a number of jerseys that I've simply retired as the players have moved on.  But I still wear my #20, even though Dawkins is no longer playing.  And once Kelce retires, I'll continue to wear #62 as well.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

Doesn't have to be an either/or deal. Kelce will join him in the Hall of Fame in a few years.

This is my thinking as well

• Like 3

Just imagine the rage if this front office allows Kelce to walk as it did with Dawk...

• Like 3

Let's wait and see what he does/wears for the parade in February. Maybe that will help his case as #1 Fan Favorite. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

Just imagine the rage if this front office allows Kelce to walk as it did with Dawk...

I'm 100% sure his last game will be as an Eagle. We are lucky to have him back this season. Even though I think he has a couple more left, I think it may be his last season.

• Like 2

I love Kelce and all that's he's done. One of my favorites ever and I will miss him when he retires.

Having said that, I highly doubt anyone will ever mean more to me as a fan than BDawk.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

Dawkins had a few years left in him; Kelce is year to year.  He's not going anywhere. 

• Like 1

Love Kelce, but no he hasn’t surpassed Dawk for me. Dawkins is my favorite player of all time, and I’ll be surprised if anyone ever comes along that changes that. 

Kelce is probably #2 for me though. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Different football generations.  There are a lot of current Eagles fans who never saw Dawk play (that makes me feel ancient BTW). 

Kelce has a ring and that victory speech is classic but I'm sticking with Dawkins.  For now.

Not that far a part, Dawkins last year was kelces rookie year.

The one thing that kelce has that Dawkins doesn't is a ring as a player.

Probably showing my age here but Reggie White would be a close second behind Dawkins for me.  Love Kelce, but its harder to watch a center's play on the field and create that mental highlight reel.  It's his personality and that SB parade speech that really made him a favorite I think. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, The Norseman said:

Probably showing my age here but Reggie White would be a close second behind Dawkins for me. 

Reggie may edge Dawk for me, loved Reggie. 

To show my age, as a lot of people here already know, Harold has always been a top tier favorite of mine also.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Reggie may edge Dawk for me, loved Reggie. 

To show my age, as a lot of people here already know, Harold has always been a top tier favorite of mine also.

Yep, Eric Allen too.  Once you get beyond Dawk and Reggie it get's harder for me. 

Thankfully, I'm not old enough to have watched Chuck Bednarik...but he is largely considered this team's GOAT.

I'm not into all the rankings and comparison stuff that goes on these days.......When it comes to all time eagles, I have a bunch that I really liked and they played all different positions.

Dawkins

Andre Waters

Stan Walters

John Runyan

Reggie White

Jerome Brown

Seth Joyner

Jerry Sisemore

Wibert Montgomery

Bill Bergey

Quick and Carmichael

Harold Jackson

Tim Rossovich

And quite a few more.........some good teams and some really bad teams, but great memories.

2 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

I'm not into all the rankings and comparison stuff that goes on these days.......When it comes to all time eagles, I have a bunch that I really liked and they played all different positions.

Dawkins

Andre Waters

Stan Walters

John Runyan

Reggie White

Jerome Brown

Seth Joyner

Jerry Sisemore

Wibert Montgomery

Bill Bergey

Quick and Carmichael

Harold Jackson

Tim Rossovich

And quite a few more.........some good teams and some really bad teams, but great memories.

I would move Reggie up three places and put Carmichael and Bergey into the top 5.  Runyan is a good call though...loved that guy. 

1 minute ago, The Norseman said:

I would move Reggie up three places and put Carmichael and Bergey into the top 5.  Runyan is a good call though...loved that guy. 

I wasn't ranking them.....I was just listing them as they came into my head.   The eagles have had some really good hard nosed players that were, unfortunately, stuck in a bad organization.

Jerry Wolman, Leonard Tose, Norman Braman were "business" men who really didn't care much about winning.....just maximizing profit or using the team as a social thing.  People here complain about Jeffrey Lurie, which is ridiculous, since he is the best owner the eagles ever had and one of the best in the NFL

• Like 1