Has Kelce overtaken Dawkins as the #1 fan favorite?

Portyansky

I always cry when I see that shot of BDawk crying after we won the Superbowl. 😭💥

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

I'm not into all the rankings and comparison stuff that goes on these days.......When it comes to all time eagles, I have a bunch that I really liked and they played all different positions.

Dawkins

Andre Waters

Stan Walters

John Runyan

Reggie White

Jerome Brown

Seth Joyner

Jerry Sisemore

Wibert Montgomery

Bill Bergey

Quick and Carmichael

Harold Jackson

Tim Rossovich

And quite a few more.........some good teams and some really bad teams, but great memories.

31 minutes ago, The Norseman said:

I would move Reggie up three places and put Carmichael and Bergey into the top 5.  Runyan is a good call though...loved that guy. 

Add Celek to the list, Mahe, too.

Also, who could ever leave Urlakkerzzz!!1! off any Eagles list? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's going to be subjective and depend on how old you are.  There are other favorites from the past like Reggie White, Seth Joyner, John Runyan, Chuck Bednarik or others.

Dawkins is more noticed for his on the field play and his fiery speeches on field.

Kelce is certainly known for his excellent play on the field but the Center doesn't get noticed as much usually.  He's more of a fan favorite because of his off the field involvement in the community with events, other local sports and the parade speech.  He's certainly embraced Philadelphia and the fans.

I like the comment that it's not a competition, more of putting certain players on the Mount Rushmore or top tier.  Both are there easily.

5 hours ago, Portyansky said:

I'm 100% sure his last game will be as an Eagle. We are lucky to have him back this season. Even though I think he has a couple more left, I think it may be his last season.

Yeah, pretty safe to say this is it for him.

Just to add to this, BWest is one of my all time favourites - his was the first jersey I ever owned, too. He was a brilliant player. Sheldon Brown, too - I loved that guy. Why do we need hierarchies?

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Erie said:

Both belong on the Eagles' Mount Rushmore. There is no choosing. 

Okay let's pivot. Dawkins and Kelce are on Eagles Mt. Rushmore. Who are the other two (there can only be four).  I’d say Reggie White is a no brainer.  That leaves one…

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Okay let's pivot. Dawkins and Kelce are on Eagles Mt. Rushmore. Who are the other two (there can only be four).  I’d say Reggie White is a no brainer.  That leaves one…

Carmichael.

The shame part, we have many GREATS  from our past that deserve it, but if you go pre-80's... the majority of your current fanbase will have to squint their eye and say, "Who's that?"  If you showed me a picture of Chuck Bednarik, I wouldn't know who he was, and I'm almost 50.

• Like 1

TO answer the OP... no.  

There will never be a replacing of Dawk.  The guy was literally the living, breathing embodientment of an ENTIRE city. 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2022 at 11:08 AM, kiwinavega said:

Just imagine the rage if this front office allows Kelce to walk as it did with Dawk...

I think Howie learned from Joe Banner’s front office demise after how the Dawk situation was handled…

…then again, Banner didn’t learn from the Reggie White situation, so…

• Like 1

21 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Also, who could ever leave Urlakkerzzz!!1! off any Eagles list? 

SuperBowlzzzzz!!!1!

4 hours ago, EagleRob said:

Carmichael.

The shame part, we have many GREATS  from our past that deserve it, but if you go pre-80's... the majority of your current fanbase will have to squint their eye and say, "Who's that?"  If you showed me a picture of Chuck Bednarik, I wouldn't know who he was, and I'm almost 50.

I was thinking the same about Van Buren. I know who he is, I know he was a legend. That's it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

5 hours ago, EagleRob said:

Carmichael.

I was thinking Chuck as well.

Fitting for Philly that the 4 players would be 3 defensive players who all were tough and hard hitting, and the sole offensive player the hard working fan favorite lineman.  Position wise 3 linemen and a safety.

Sad that in the franchise history there's not a clear cut QB who would make the list.  Any QB you'd name would just be endless debates, no consensus.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

I'm not into all the rankings and comparison stuff that goes on these days.......When it comes to all time eagles, I have a bunch that I really liked and they played all different positions.

Dawkins

Andre Waters

Stan Walters

John Runyan

Reggie White

Jerome Brown

Seth Joyner

Jerry Sisemore

Wibert Montgomery

Bill Bergey

Quick and Carmichael

Harold Jackson

Tim Rossovich

And quite a few more.........some good teams and some really bad teams, but great memories.

I never saw him play but Tommy McDonald was amazing interacting with fans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I was thinking Chuck as well.

Fitting for Philly that the 4 players would be 3 defensive players who all were tough and hard hitting, and the sole offensive player the hard working fan favorite lineman.  Position wise 3 linemen and a safety.

Sad that in the franchise history there's not a clear cut QB who would make the list.  Any QB you'd name would just be endless debates, no consensus.  

Do the Detmer brothers count as one or two?

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Do the Detmer brothers count as one or two?

One counts as 1/4th the other as 1/16/th.

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

One counts as 1/4th the other as 1/16/th.

You sound like my dealer from 25 years ago

• Haha 1