Adrian Killins

EagleVA

3 hours ago, judunno said:

Speedzzz

bro you just keep dropping one liners in each topic... someone was bored

This kid is interesting. He is listed as 5'8", 177, which if true, would put him in the same ballpark size wise as Desean, Goodwin and some other guys who have made it as receivers.

He caught 70 passes during his career, which were obviously all screens and dump offs, but he can certainly catch the ball. Can he run routes or beat coverage? I think that remains to be seen.

I don't think he can play RB in the NFL, but a switch to WR isn't out of the question. From his highlights, he certainly has the athleticism. He also made some difficult catches on poorly thrown balls, so he looks like he has good hands. And guys like Jackson or Tyreke Hill don't have to be great route runners, because they can simply blow by the corner across from them.

It will be interesting to see how the team uses him.

3 hours ago, jsb235 said:

This kid is interesting. He is listed as 5'8", 177, which if true, would put him in the same ballpark size wise as Desean, Goodwin and some other guys who have made it as receivers.

He caught 70 passes during his career, which were obviously all screens and dump offs, but he can certainly catch the ball. Can he run routes or beat coverage? I think that remains to be seen.

I don't think he can play RB in the NFL, but a switch to WR isn't out of the question. From his highlights, he certainly has the athleticism. He also made some difficult catches on poorly thrown balls, so he looks like he has good hands. And guys like Jackson or Tyreke Hill don't have to be great route runners, because they can simply blow by the corner across from them.

It will be interesting to see how the team uses him.

I think hes going to be a gadget guy, run some jet sweeps, toss some swing passes, screens, wheel routes, end arounds stuff like that a touch or 2 a game along with KR PR duties.

Tavon austin ,deAnthony thomas who was in KC whrn doug was there i believe, tarik cohen.

This is assuming he makes the roster.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

bro you just keep dropping one liners in each topic... someone was bored

Yup 🙂

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I can't believe they cut Killins, this is another Raheem Mostert in the making. 

Thats a bit of a stretch.

11 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Well he said in the making. So we should expect a decent season maybe in 5 years from killins 

13 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

All I can say is when they cut Mostert I felt as though they were making a big mistake, this is the same way I feel about this Killins cut.

I’m  surprised they cut all of the young RB’s. Was rooting for Killins since my home is Orlando but oh well. I thought he might stick early as a returner since Reagor went down. Guess not

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mr_irie1 said:

I’m  surprised they cut all of the young RB’s. Was rooting for Killins since my home is Orlando but oh well. I thought he might stick early as a returner since Reagor went down. Guess not

I don't really get the decision to cut all 3 of their young RBs. I'm completely baffled by that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't really get the decision to cut all 3 of their young RBs. I'm completely baffled by that. 

My guess is all three are terrible and not worth keeping. 

37 minutes ago, nipples said:

Not sure why they are even calling killins a RB anyways, from reports he was playing mostly receiver. At 165lbs he was a gimmick player at best in any position. 

On 6/11/2020 at 5:17 PM, Utebird said:

I think hes going to be a gadget guy, run some jet sweeps, toss some swing passes, screens, wheel routes, end arounds stuff like that a touch or 2 a game along with KR PR duties.

Tavon austin ,deAnthony thomas who was in KC whrn doug was there i believe, tarik cohen.

This is assuming he makes the roster.

That sounds like Sproles II.  He is cut, may be back to PS.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not sure why they are even calling killins a RB anyways, from reports he was playing mostly receiver. 

He's best suited to play in the slot as I initially stated.

1 hour ago, Penn7980 said:

That sounds like Sproles II.  He is cut, may be back to PS.

They may figure that the likelihood of his being claimed off waivers is not great and they're probably right. I wondered if he had a future as a returner and he did some of that in camp. I don't know how well. If Reagor and Hightower are as good as they're touted to be I'd prefer they not be used as special teams guys.

3 hours ago, nipples said:

Right but you still need another body at the position. 

11 hours ago, EagleVA said:

All I can say is when they cut Mostert I felt as though they were making a big mistake, this is the same way I feel about this Killins cut.

Mostert has only had 1 good season out of his 5 years in the NFL. its still to early to label him as well. he could be a bum going forward. Its all about scheme, coaching with a lot of these players. 

51 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Right but you still need another body at the position. 

Do they? Sanders, Scott, Clement will be the opening day backs, unless someone shakes loose from another roster that they like. They can always sign one of the guys they cut to the PS and bring them up if needed due to injury. 

If you only have 3 backs worth using a roster spot on, then just go with 3. 

1 hour ago, eglz1 said:

They may figure that the likelihood of his being claimed off waivers is not great and they're probably right. I wondered if he had a future as a returner and he did some of that in camp. I don't know how well. If Reagor and Hightower are as good as they're touted to be I'd prefer they not be used as special teams guys.

The rookie WRs are unlikely to get a lot of snaps in regular offense plays.  Their contribution is likely as RS or ST.  Reagor may get extra considerations to risk him in ST, but Hightower probably not.

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Do they? Sanders, Scott, Clement will be the opening day backs, unless someone shakes loose from another roster that they like. They can always sign one of the guys they cut to the PS and bring them up if needed due to injury. 

If you only have 3 backs worth using a roster spot on, then just go with 3. 

That's a horrible decision if that's the one they make. Sanders is currently hurt, ok sure he'll be fine but he's currently hurt. Scott, can we absolutely say he's a good #2? I don't think we can. And Clement? Great so he's next up if Sanders or Scott get hurt. The guy who can't stay healthy and when he has been healthy he's not been that good since 2017. 

I don't know who the Raiders have as a kick returner, but I could see a guy like Gruden signing Killins.  The Raiders have always had it for speed guys.

4 hours ago, eglz1 said:

They may figure that the likelihood of his being claimed off waivers is not great and they're probably right. 

Personally I wouldn't gamble that he won't be claimed.

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Mostert has only had 1 good season out of his 5 years in the NFL. its still to early to label him as well. he could be a bum going forward. Its all about scheme, coaching with a lot of these players. 

I saw when Mostert was with the Eagles that he had extraordinary talent, dude runs a 4.2 something.

And you're right about scheme, the idea is to get Killins in the open field, who's gonna catch him??