Nakobe Dean

BornGreen

Having to watch most of my games on my phone while at work I havent been able to actually scan the field during plays to see who's playing in the rotations.  Have we seen anything of Dean yet?  

The defense seems to be a little different each game.  

• Like 2

He’s sitting behind the others because, at long last, we don’t have complete dogsheet across the linebacker corps. 

It’s a nice luxury to have. His time will come, either when we lose TJ or Kyzir in the off-season or if we get hit with injuries. 

• Like 11

We have good starters this year.  He's a player too that will only get better the more knowledge at this level that he takes on like a sponge.  I have high hopes for him next year r and beyond. 

• Like 3

The LBs are actually playing well - can't believe we can finally say that! That plus him coming off injury & being a 3rd round pick it makes sense to take time to develop him. Hoping he becomes an impact player.

• Like 8

Yeah, can you imagine we are starting this well and that we can let a player like this learn and bulk up to be ready for his second year - plus we have an extra quality first round draft pick and an extra second the next year?  

• Like 1

He's sat behind White who has played well (although not as much the last couple of ri weeks) and Edwards who is having a really good year. 

I’ve seen him a few times but not much. But they’ve got some decent linebackers right now so he’s just learning this year I think. He’ll probably be playing next year.

I"d like to see Dean come in on obvious passing situations.......I think it would benefit the eagles to get him more playing time as the year goes on......As they approach the playoffs, that experience could really come into play.

He looked really slow chasing that Cowboys return man. I’m not getting the vibe that he’s some super duper athlete whose only knock was his size and injury concerns. He just might not be all that fast either. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

He looked really slow chasing that Cowboys return man. I’m not getting the vibe that he’s some super duper athlete whose only knock was his size and injury concerns. He just might not be all that fast either. 

it's a 235 lb linebacker that ran a 4.78 ( fast for a linebacker) chasing a 156 lb receiver that ran one of the best 40 times in history at 4.31 ? Dude will make anyone look slow AF

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

it's a 235 lb linebacker that ran a 4.78 ( fast for a linebacker) chasing a 156 lb receiver that ran one of the best 40 times in history at 4.31 ? Dude will make anyone look slow AF

4.78 is not particularly fast for a linebacker. (Is that what he ran?) Also, I wasn't really comparing him to the Cowboys return man but more so to the other players who were chasing him.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

4.78 is not particularly fast for a linebacker.

Right, actually it's rather slow, I believe Jordan Davis ran a 4.78.

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

4.78 is not particularly fast for a linebacker. (Is that what he ran?) Also, I wasn't really comparing him to the Cowboys return man but more so to the other players who were chasing him.

He was never know for his speed but his instincts are absolutely elite. Always in the right spot and a pretty good blitzer for a LB. 

Not only does Dean show amazing speed getting to the quarterback, but he often shows the ability to get in the backfield untouched. He understands the holes in the blocking scheme relative to the blitz his team is about to run.

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He ran the fastest 40 for any player over 230lbs since 2006.

Where did you see that?

15 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not only does Dean show amazing speed getting to the quarterback, but he often shows the ability to get in the backfield untouched. He understands the holes in the blocking scheme relative to the blitz his team is about to run.

Agreed, one of Dean's best traits is he's an amazing blitzer and can really get after the Quarterback. Looking forward to watching him grow and he can be a huge asset against more mobile QBs.

19 minutes ago, eaglestime34 said:

Where did you see that?

Nevermind the article that came up was the wrong player. Thought it sounded weird lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Dean is 235lbs?....didnt realize he was that big wow 

That's small for a Lb

11 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

He lacks ideal length as well. I was happy to get him in the 3rd round, but I have some concerns about him ever being a good starter.

• Sad 1