Time To Think Ahead About The #1 Seed?

Alphagrand

19 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

Talking about 1 seed with Giants breathing down our necks. 🤣

I hate to be "that guy" but I swear the Giants have barely won at least half of their victories by the skin of their teeth.  I mean literally the last few play of the game sort of plays. I mean yesterday, if the Jax have 11 more seconds... they win the game.  They are definitely better, but I don't think they are good as us.  I'll take our secondary up Danny Dimes any day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

When fans take on the "1 game at a time" mantra, it both cracks me up but is respectable.  For a fan to think this way, it can only be superstition or fear of getting your hopes up only to have them dashed.  Players and coaches can't think ahead, but fans sure and hell can. 

That said, I'm in the "don't get ahead of ourselves" mindset.  I'm enjoying being 6-0 with a true sense of excitement about this team, but I also know the wheels can fall off at any time.   

I'm one game at a time and I'm neither superstitious or worried about getting my hopes up. I just don't see the point in looking that far ahead right now, not like I have a crystal ball or anything. I'm just enjoying the games as they are played. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm one game at a time and I'm neither superstitious or worried about getting my hopes up. I just don't see the point in looking that far ahead right now, not like I have a crystal ball or anything. I'm just enjoying the games as they are played. 

Emb doesn't take kindly to your sound logic and reasoning 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Same. 

For some reason I misread the title and thought this thread was about the #1 pick and the Saints sucking. 

Too soon. The Eagles have a one game lead in the division, and they don't even face the Giants until December. The Eagles look like they have the best shot in the NFC right now, but they need to keep the momentum going. Too much season left to be contemplating playoff seeding yet.

33 minutes ago, toolg said:

Too soon. The Eagles have a one game lead in the division, and they don't even face the Giants until December. The Eagles look like they have the best shot in the NFC right now, but they need to keep the momentum going. Too much season left to be contemplating playoff seeding yet.

All the numbers say the giants record is a complete fluke. I expect they’ll come crashing down to earth here real soon. 

57 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The playoff bye week is a trap week.

Yep. The real test.

I'm all for realism, but sport is an escape, something to enjoy. If being the only undefeated team in the league at this point in the season, with the team playing so well, doesn't get you excited, doesn't get the blood pumping, then I think that's a pity. You're missing out on some really joyful moments. I am all aboard the 20-0 bandwagon, just like I am every year until we lose. I love it! I remember when we had some bad seasons and some awful play. And we will be there again, one day. For now? Let the good times roll.

• Like 1

This is the list of QB's they will face in the remainder of the schedule.  I would be very disappointed if they go anything less than 15 wins.

Kenny Pickett

Davis Mills

Taylor Heinecke

Sam Ehlinger

Aaron Rodgers

Ryan Tannehill

Daniel Jones X2

Justin Fields

Andy Dalton or Jamies Winston

Dak

On 10/24/2022 at 9:11 PM, EagleRob said:

I hate to be "that guy" but I swear the Giants have barely won at least half of their victories by the skin of their teeth.  I mean literally the last few play of the game sort of plays. I mean yesterday, if the Jax have 11 more seconds... they win the game.  They are definitely better, but I don't think they are good as us.  I'll take our secondary up Danny Dimes any day.

Well if the s@i@ was sugar, you would be s@i@ing in to your cofee...there are no ifs

Usually the superbowl teams average 30+ points per game. We're averaging 27 which is usually conference championship level. Is this defense good enough to make up the difference? I think so. We don't really play any prolific offenses so we'll have to wait and see in the playoffs. Only KC and Buffalo are over 30ppg. The Eagles are by far the class of the NFC.

1 hour ago, Vileborg said:

Usually the superbowl teams average 30+ points per game. We're averaging 27 which is usually conference championship level. Is this defense good enough to make up the difference? I think so. We don't really play any prolific offenses so we'll have to wait and see in the playoffs. Only KC and Buffalo are over 30ppg. The Eagles are by far the class of the NFC.

Rams averaged 27 and the Bengals averaged 26 last year. The year before the chiefs averaged 28 and the bucs 30. The year before that the chiefs averaged 29 and the niners averaged 29. We are right there, that's without basically not scoring the second half of games. They figure out the second half of games and we're blowing teams out easily. 

Beat the steelers......it all fun and games until they get upset.  

Just beat the steelers and stay as healthy as possible.  Iron out some inconsistencies, improve special teams and just win the game.

19 hours ago, Vileborg said:

I think this is a good point and is the result of their inconsistencies on offense.  I think once the eagles have their inconsistencies ironed out, 30+ pts per game will be their average.

On 10/22/2022 at 1:35 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Too much season in front of us to get too far ahead of ourselves. We can daydream, of course. I dream of visions of 20-0 being emblazoned on a giant diamond ring next summer, but at the same time I know that 6-0 is a far cry from 20-0.

Right now, all I know is that we're guaranteed not to lose this week. But homefield is definitely a good thing to daydream about. 

It’s funny because people around here are scared about off season contract signings, but think talking about the 1 seed or the Super Bowl is thinking too far ahead. 😂 Overall I agree. Just enjoy the moment. The Eagles right now are undefeated! 

On 10/28/2022 at 8:35 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Rams averaged 27 and the Bengals averaged 26 last year. The year before the chiefs averaged 28 and the bucs 30. The year before that the chiefs averaged 29 and the niners averaged 29. We are right there, that's without basically not scoring the second half of games. They figure out the second half of games and we're blowing teams out easily. 

I feel like they figured out how to close out teams in the second half. They have yet to be behind in any game and when teams get close they turn it up, go on a long drive and close them out. The 4th quarter in this game they had Minshew out there and they were joking on the sidelines. 

On 10/24/2022 at 3:11 PM, EagleRob said:

Giants got knocked back to earth today by the Seahawks who happens to look way better since they let Wilson go for Geno Smith. 

The whole NFL season is a bunch of ebbs and flows.......the eagles are riding high but there are 10 games left.  Everybody is looking at the schedule and making undefeated predictions.  The eagles play the giants twice and the cowpies and forskins again........4 NFCE games.....which are always crazy unpredictable.  And then desperate teams like GB and NO, who have to play well just to keep playoff hopes alive.  Not to mention the building motivation to be the first team to give the eagles a loss.

If the eagles lock up home field advantage, will Sirianni even play the starters?  Doubtful......and the last game is against the Giants, who might be playing for a playoff spot. 

An undefeated season sounds nice, but unnecessary in the context of achieving the goal of a super bowl win.

I think Sirianni keeps them focused on the task at hand.......beating the Texans.

16 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

The whole NFL season is a bunch of ebbs and flows.......the eagles are riding high but there are 10 games left.  Everybody is looking at the schedule and making undefeated predictions.  The eagles play the giants twice and the cowpies and forskins again........4 NFCE games.....which are always crazy unpredictable.  And then desperate teams like GB and NO, who have to play well just to keep playoff hopes alive.  Not to mention the building motivation to be the first team to give the eagles a loss.

If the eagles lock up home field advantage, will Sirianni even play the starters?  Doubtful......and the last game is against the Giants, who might be playing for a playoff spot. 

An undefeated season sounds nice, but unnecessary in the context of achieving the goal of a super bowl win.

I think Sirianni keeps them focused on the task at hand.......beating the Texans.

Did you really say NO? They are going into tank mode soon.

8 hours ago, judunno said:

Did you really say NO? They are going into tank mode soon.

Tank mode??  The saints are in the worst division in the NFC, one game out of first place behind the falcons.......That division could be won with a 9-8 or 8-9 record, maybe a 7-10.  

And they didn't look like they were even thinking of tanking beating the raiders 24-0.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

Tank mode??  The saints are in the worst division in the NFC, one game out of first place behind the falcons.......That division could be won with a 9-8 or 8-9 record, maybe a 7-10.  

And they didn't look like they were even thinking of tanking beating the raiders 24-0.  

Saints are trash... Kamara has a suspension looming. They are not winning that division.

2 minutes ago, judunno said:

Saints are trash... Kamura has a suspension looming. They are not winning that division.

Aren't they? I mean please name a good team in that division. The Saints are trash but that division is trash.

44 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Aren't they? I mean please name a good team in that division. The Saints are trash but that division is trash.

A team not NO.

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Saints are trash... Kamara has a suspension looming. They are not winning that division.

Maybe so.......but until that's a mathematical certainty, the saints are not going to "tank".......

Don't get me wrong, I hate the saints and I wish they would lose every game considering the eagles have their 1st round pick......but that division is up for grabs...