Brees and Michael Thomas

CaliEagle

This bears watching because of how tensions are right now. Brees speaks out regarding protecting the flag and Thomas feels that Brees isn't focusing enough on what happened to Floyd. Thomas took to social media about it.  Something like this could rip apart that locker room. Cue the "let's trade for Michael Thomas" theads.🤨

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/saints-wr-michael-thomas-wasnt-happy-with-his-qb-drew-brees-comments-about-respecting-the-flag-182619879.html

I'm sure they'll talk it out in person in private.

Much ado about nothing right now.

If the Saints want to get rid of Michael Thomas then go ahead and send him to Philly.

More players around the league coming out against Brees on Twitter. He'll get shamed and slandered into a public apology of some sort because that's how this stuff works in 2020. 

Mike, for some reason, you’ve had issues with images showing up. :sad:

For the record, I think it’s possible for both to feel in the right on this. For many, especially those who served, or have family who served, respecting the flag is a huge deal, any they are entitled to that opinion. 

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Mike, for some reason, you’ve had issues with images showing up. :sad:

Still? SOB. I think it's because I've been taking them from another forum. Maybe there's privacy issues between the two

So Brees is now getting bullied for holding firm to his beliefs?

40 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Exactly

Everyone is entitled to their own views. No prob with what Brees said. 

Isn't Malcolm Jenkins back with the Saints?

Hmmmm.

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

No he’s getting bullied for still making it about the flag when it’s been stated and documented billions of times it has absolutely nothing to do with the flag or the military. People who refuse to address the actual issue still make it about the flag/military

Just now, Br3 said:

No he’s getting bullied for still making it about the flag when it’s been stated and documented billions of times it has absolutely nothing to do with the flag or the military. People who refuse to address the actual issue make still it about the flag/military

He has his opinion and you have yours. Everyone is allowed to have them. 

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

It's a problem because this whole thing has absolutely positively nothing to do with the military and what they have done for this country and that is what he thinks it still is " disrespecting the military". It's been made clear a million times this isn't about that. 

1 minute ago, Br3 said:

No he’s getting bullied for still making it about the flag when it’s been stated and documented billions of times it has absolutely nothing to do with the flag or the military. People who refuse to address the actual issue make still it about the flag/military

I just posted the same thing

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's a problem because this whole thing has absolutely positively nothing to do with the military and what they have done for this country and that is what he thinks it still is " disrespecting the military". It's been made clear a million times this isn't about that. 

Just as my opinion, and I am a vet, I was offended during the Kapernick stuff also. Others were not. Each has a right to feel that way. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Just as my opinion, and I am a vet, I was offended during the Kapernick stuff also. Others were not. Each has a right to feel that way. 

They do you are absolutely right. His teammates and other fellow black men also have a right to be pissed that he wants to make it about that when that isn't the issue. 

I don't have a problem with the protesting except for the sheet kapernick did because he is a fake piece of crap. 

All that said thank you for your service and we should all respect each others background and opinions 

This is a prime example of why people will never be united. The guy has done more for the NO community than any player in the NFL and has spoken out against racial injustice, but the minute he communicates an opinion that is not 100% aligned to the mass agenda he’s dragged through the mud. If I was a prominent white person in this country I’d steer clear. You could do a ton of good to help the cause, but one perceived misstep and you’re toast. Why risk it? 

Brees is entitled to his opinion. The rest of the world is entitled to theirs of him. I think Brees just lost the locker room.

The really stupid part of this, is the kneeling was respect for the flag. Kaepernick sat in protest until a soldier wrote to tell him that was disrespectful, so he took a knee.

Because a veteran, a Green beret, asked him not to sit, but take a knee, out of respect.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/09/646115651/the-veteran-and-nfl-player-who-advised-kaepernick-to-take-a-knee

5 minutes ago, Toastrel said:

Brees is entitled to his opinion. The rest of the world is entitled to theirs of him. I think Brees just lost the locker room.

I mean it is this kind of thing that could, and should, divide a locker room. Or at the very least divide it with Brees on one side and the rest of the team on the other side. 

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean it is this kind of thing that could, and should, divide a locker room. Or at the very least divide it with Brees on one side and the rest of the team on the other side. 

Especially with outspoken black leaders, like Malcolm on the team

Archived