CJGJ Out "Indefinitely" with Lacerated Kidney

time2rock

My guess is 4 weeks. I don't mind Blankenship out there, especially with these running teams coming up. Blank does a nice job tackling.

• Like 2

It's a big blow but encouraging that he should return this season. I guess we shall see how quickly he can return. Ideally we grind out some wins, get the #1 seed and he can have longer to fully recover.

22 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

Well this sucks.  Safety and TE are the 2 positions on this team where we are the most thin in regards to the quality of the backup. It would figure we'd get injured there.<_<

Let's hope Blankenship steps up and plays with the confidence he showed Sunday night.  Sometimes players play better when they're thrown in without notice vs. when they have all week to "think" about it. 

I don't have much faith in Wallace.  Some folks are calling for Tartt to be signed...or even Malcolm Jenkins!  But...I just can't see that being any better.  Jenkins would be a nice story, but does he have much left?

No matter which S they add to the roster, give Blankenship the chance to play is important for his development for the future.  The DC is talking highly of him as a player who understands the scheme and plays with intelligence as well as physical.  He may be targeted in the future games as he is a rookie and can be confused.  If he studies well and absorb the coaching, he could emerge as a starter next season.  

• Like 1

At this point we *have* to see what Blankenship can do.   By the time we sign anyone else, Tartt or Jenkins or whoever else, it'll take them a few weeks to get up to speed and then CJGJ comes back. 

It sounds like Blankenship has the X's and O's down in his head, which is awesome, but actually translating it to the field is the question.  That pick on Rodgers was awesome but he was out of position entirely too much the rest of the game.  It's gonna be a battle for him, especially now that OC's are going to be going right after him. 

We're kind of luck we're getting Tennessee when we are.  Tannehill is perfectly average and we should, on paper, be able to handle Woods/Burks/whoever else one-on-one while we sell out to stop Henry. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Penn7980 said:

No matter which S they add to the roster, give Blankenship the chance to play is important for his development for the future.  The DC is talking highly of him as a player who understands the scheme and plays with intelligence as well as physical.  He may be targeted in the future games as he is a rookie and can be confused.  If he studies well and absorb the coaching, he could emerge as a starter next season.  

I'm all for seeing what Blankenship can do, just hope he's not a total liability and instead brings that physicality to the backend

27 minutes ago, Godfather said:

No time-line yet? 

time for you to leave? thats what time it is

2 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

time for you to leave? thats what time it is

Why are you so grumpy? Did @hputenis forget to fill up your water dish this morning? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1