GDT: Tennessee Titans @ Philadelphia Eagles, 12-4-22, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

Like earlier this season, AJ took over.  Trucked that dude and everyone knew the deal after that.  Hurts is playing well but AJ is the man.  Kinda like Mbappe.  Just another level.  May lead us to the SB at this rate.

2 hours ago, BornGreen said:

Giving up huge run yards without him in the lineup.  Comes back and they hold the leading rusher to minimal yards 

You realize he didn't have many snaps, right?

2 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

Hasn’t been mentioned much but this was one of the best defensive performances of the year, imo. 

It was good to see, because my hate for Gannon was at an all time high. 🤣

Solid performance on both sides of the ball, the only concern was the penalties, the number of false starts from the all starters O-Line was unacceptable in any game, but in our own house it was ridiculous and the solitary bum note of a game we never looked like losing.

Hell Covey even finally realised he has more options returning the ball than calling fair catch if the cover team is within 20 yards or just run headlong into the first member of the cover team he can see.

Good times

5 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Solid performance on both sides of the ball, the only concern was the penalties, the number of false starts from the all starters O-Line was unacceptable in any game, but in our own house it was ridiculous and the solitary bum note of a game we never looked like losing

I was gobsmacked by the number of penalties! It was ridiculous and that's something this team needs to clean up. False starts and holding penalties were the theme all night. Its actually quite something that we managed to overcome that to still score 35 points. 

33 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I was gobsmacked by the number of penalties! It was ridiculous and that's something this team needs to clean up. False starts and holding penalties were the theme all night. Its actually quite something that we managed to overcome that to still score 35 points. 

It’s almost like this team can only be beaten by itself. That’s basically what happened in the Washington game also. Stupid penalties and sloppy turnovers pretty much doomed them. I mean how do you get so many pre-snap penalties at home? At least Covey finally looked like a return man and Nakobe Dean showed some promise in his limited exposure. Hurts showing confidence in his receivers and going deep to them is also encouraging. You know I wanted to see him come out against this poor pass defense and challenge them and that’s exactly what he did. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s almost like this team can only be beaten by itself. That’s basically what happened in the Washington game also. Stupid penalties and sloppy turnovers pretty much doomed them. I mean how do you get so many pre-snap penalties at home? At least Covey finally looked like a return man and Nakobe Dean showed some promise in his limited exposure. Hurts showing confidence in his receivers and going deep to them is also encouraging. You know I wanted to see him come out against this poor pass defense and challenge them and that’s exactly what he did. 

I know what you mean there. This team has many ways to beat their opponents and many ways to stop them too. They are a very very impressive team. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I know what you mean there. This team has many ways to beat their opponents and many ways to stop them too. They are a very very impressive team. 

There was a lot of people picking them to lose this game. People thought they would just get run over, but it wasn’t happening. Earlier in the year people were saying Hurts want better than Tannehill also. It was pretty obvious that he is on a different level from him now too. Gannon gets so much heat, but he came up with a defense that shut down their run and mostly shut down their pass despite missing key defensive players. I think our OC and DC are both on future HC lists right now. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

There was a lot of people picking them to lose this game. People thought they would just get run over, but it wasn’t happening. Earlier in the year people were saying Hurts want better than Tannehill also. It was pretty obvious that he is on a different level from him now too. Gannon gets so much heat, but he came up with a defense that shut down their run and mostly shut down their pass despite missing key defensive players. I think our OC and DC are both on future HC lists right now. 

I agree they steamrolled a pretty good team who people tipped to beat us. To pull a lot of your starters with 10 minutes left to play is a very good sign. 

With Gannon it is an interesting one. I mean the D is mostly playing well. They've had more good games than bad this year for sure. They've had some very very good impressive games too. And yet I remain unconvinced by him. For me there are still some real concerns with his approach. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I sarcastically said " this is the worst 2nd overall defense ever " people took that serious and agreed with me and still wanted Gannon fired lmao. 

News flash they aren't firing the coordinator of the 2nd ranked defense and top 5 in almost all major categories mid season! 

Britain Covey's 105 punt return yards today are the 2nd-most in a game this year, trailing only the Jets' Marcus Jones in Week 11 (109 punt return yards).

11 hours ago, BornGreen said:

Giving up huge run yards without him in the lineup.  Comes back and they hold the leading rusher to minimal yards 

He only played 6 snaps.

We know he's solid against the run but probably need to give credit to the entire defense as well. 

Screenshot_20221205_073947.jpg

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

He only played 6 snaps.

We know he's solid against the run but probably need to give credit to the entire defense as well. 

Screenshot_20221205_073947.jpg

The kid Blankenship looks a real find

32 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The kid Blankenship looks a real find

Yeah I was surprised he played 100% of the snaps.  Hoping he improves from here and isn't a fluke.  

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Gives the coaches something to beat them up over this week.

5 minutes ago, Aspiritfall said:

When I saw the flag I thought for sure it was coming back again 

Me too. I thought Brown was getting hit with OPI. 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Me too. I thought Brown was getting hit with OPI. 

Yeah when I saw the replay I knew it was on the defender 

20 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Don't think Davis had lots to do with it tbh.

Yeah I don't think they gave him any snaps til the 4th quarter.  Probably didn't want to give him too much his first game back, plus the run D was much improved from prior weeks .  

11 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Solid performance on both sides of the ball, the only concern was the penalties, the number of false starts from the all starters O-Line was unacceptable in any game, but in our own house it was ridiculous and the solitary bum note of a game we never looked like losing.

Hell Covey even finally realised he has more options returning the ball than calling fair catch if the cover team is within 20 yards or just run headlong into the first member of the cover team he can see.

Good times

Heh, true.  Or not calling a fair catch when guys are 5 yards away.  Before yesterday I was convinced Covey just liked getting splattered. 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

(Pic of Brown after collision.)

I was a little bit surprised that they didn't pull Brown for suspected concussion.

2 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Gives the coaches something to beat them up over this week.

Not meeting the high standards that they set for themselves. 

Archived