GDT: Tennessee Titans @ Philadelphia Eagles, 12-4-22, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

Listening to Nashville sports radio going TATE/WIP here. Meltdowns, crying about the refs, saying Epps should've been ejected for his hit on Burks, and admitting the team aren't contenders & need to be blown up.

:smoke:  :lol:

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Listening to Nashville sports radio going TATE/WIP here. Meltdowns, crying about the refs, saying Epps should've been ejected for his hit on Burks, and admitting the team aren't contenders & need to be blown up.

ya see, this is the kind of "feel good" content i come here for. 

14 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

ya see, this is the kind of "feel good" content i come here for. 

A caller cried that AJ Brown left for more money, not loyalty or love of the game. :lol:

Just now, NOTW said:

A caller cried that AJ Brown left for more money, not loyalty or love of the game. :lol:

What are Titan fans usually like? We have such a non-rivalry with them, you never hear things about them being loyal, front runners, knowledgeable, clueless, ect. I’m just curious. 

24 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Yeah, I saw some of that same stuff on twitter.

53 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Sounds like this place after a win

37 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

What are Titan fans usually like? We have such a non-rivalry with them, you never hear things about them being loyal, front runners, knowledgeable, clueless, ect. I’m just curious. 

Generally they are normal football fans.  Very knowledgeable about the game itself.  Trash talking with them this week was very friendly, more respectful.  But in the Southeast, they are WAY more into college football.  They are die hard and more passionate and more into the SEC rivalries.  I've seen people actually not like someone and not want to hang out with them simply because they're a fan of a rival (like us with Cowboys fans).  A friend of mine is an Auburn fan and he and his wife did a double date with Alabama fans and that day Alabama lost and the couple were both miserable the entire time and they had a terrible time at dinner with them.  They let it bother them that much.  

The radio shows here used to be more calm and less drama with a former Titans GM, former players, etc. who talked X's and O's and that type of thing.  They shifted to be more dramatic for ratings I guess.  They've got this guy who just rants and yells the whole time like a nerdy younger version of Cataldi.  Going for the Colin Cowherd blowhard know it all type of host who cuts people off.  I think they want callers who are more WIP like too for attention and probably screen out normal ones.  Either that or over the years the fans have just become like that.  The Titans have let them down with high expectations but not delivering and we know what that used to be like.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I thought the Epps hit was pretty bang bang. I actually thought the flag was kind of harsh. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I thought the Epps hit was pretty bang bang. I actually thought the flag was kind of harsh. 

I’ve seen Titans fans on twitter calling for him to be ejected, and to even be suspended for however long Burks is out lol

I thought it was kinda dirty. And I was kinda surprised the officials didn’t randomly huddle and upgrade it to an ejection when Burks was down for so long.

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh god I hope that's the cycle we are facing this year. 

It will be.

Never forget Mike Mccarthy is their coach.

He'll find a way 😉😁

8 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Sounds like this place after a win

Or after an incompletion. 

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Going over 30 years strong now. 

7 hours ago, vaff said:

I’ve seen Titans fans on twitter calling for him to be ejected, and to even be suspended for however long Burks is out lol

I thought it was kinda dirty. And I was kinda surprised the officials didn’t randomly huddle and upgrade it to an ejection when Burks was down for so long.

See the slow motion looked bad but in real time I didn't think it was dirty. The play all happens so fast and I don't think Epps was trying to hit him in the head. Burks makes an incredible catch and in doing so his body position changes. 

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Or after an incompletion. 

Going over 30 years strong now. 

Cycles are there to be broken though... At some point sadly they will. 

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

See the slow motion looked bad but in real time I didn't think it was dirty. The play all happens so fast and I don't think Epps was trying to hit him in the head. Burks makes an incredible catch and in doing so his body position changes. 

Cycles are there to be broken though... At some point sadly they will. 

Every year according to all the big networks is their year and every time they woefully disappoint. I’ll believe I should be scared of the Cowboys when they prove I need to. 

18 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That has been the cycle for nearly 30 years. At least when they make the playoffs. More often they choke in the regular season and miss the playoffs.

Nothing is ever a given, but the Cowboys choking is nearly up there.

On 12/4/2022 at 10:35 PM, Miami said:

Like earlier this season, AJ took over.  Trucked that dude and everyone knew the deal after that.  Hurts is playing well but AJ is the man.  Kinda like Mbappe.  Just another level.  May lead us to the SB at this rate.

This is one of the biggest benefits to the Eagles deciding to ride with Hurts over any of the other options. If Watson or Wilson were here then there’s no way we get Brown, CJ Gardner, Reddick, Davis, and some of the other moves that were made. We would have  been stuck with an over paid guy like Wilson or a guy who spent half the season suspended and has yet to really prove he can lead a team to anything of substance. 

Archived