Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

I can’t imagine Hoskins, JT, Shwarber and Harper are going to combine for just 1 hit today. If Nola plays an above average game, we can close it out. 

6 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I can’t imagine Hoskins, JT, Shwarber and Harper are going to combine for just 1 hit today. If Nola plays an above average game, we can close it out. 

I’m curious to see how the Phillies bullpen looks after nola is taken out. Robertson has been bad on back to back days pitching. I trust Alvarado to be fine even after yesterday as he’s probably eager to get back out there. Eflin has pitched back to back days out of the bullpen but that’s cause he threw 9 pitches the day before then 12 the next day. He had 22 yesterday. I’m guessing they’d like to avoid using eflin and Robertson if possible. should have Alvarado, bellatti, dominguez and hand available. Kind hope nola gets some run support and can go 7. 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m curious to see how the Phillies bullpen looks after nola is taken out. Robertson has been bad on back to back days pitching. I trust Alvarado to be fine even after yesterday as he’s probably eager to get back out there. Eflin has pitched back to back days out of the bullpen but that’s cause he threw 9 pitches the day before then 12 the next day. He had 22 yesterday. I’m guessing they’d like to avoid using eflin and Robertson if possible. should have Alvarado, bellatti, dominguez and hand available. Kind hope nola gets some run support and can go 7. 

They got issues in their bullpen too. Not sure if Helsley will be available today. 

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

They got issues in their bullpen too. Not sure if Helsley will be available today. 

I’m pretty sure he’s going on the IL. Apparently he couldn’t feel his fingers during that inning. 

• Like 1

I would really like payback for 2011 by ending the careers of Pujols, molina and wainwright 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lmao 

I hope the Mets lose and the Phillies win tonight.  Mets fans will go apeshit.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I hope the Mets lose and the Phillies win tonight.  Mets fans will go apeshit.

Oh i have saved a bunch of Mets fans tweets  over the year. I’m going full on scorch earth 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rays and guardians’ offenses giving their best tribute to Russell Wilson 

Would be so huge if the Phillies end it tonight but nothing is ever easy with them so I think ultimately it will come down to tomorrow.

Gonna need at some point top of the lineup to start hitting. Currently 1-4 spots are 1-19 in the series. 

well that was not an ideal way to start the game. But nola got out of the leadoff double 

2 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

So much for the Phillies jays rematch :meh:

I took a nap when you guys were up 8-1. I came back it was tied. Wtf happened 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I took a nap when you guys were up 8-1. I came back it was tied. Wtf happened 

For one, taking out Gausman and then the reliever gives up 3 run homer, horrible move ,that sparked the disaster

4 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

For one, taking out Gausman and then the reliever gives up 3 run homer, horrible move ,that sparked the disaster

I feel like teams in the playoffs tend to pull starters in the 4-6th innings when there’s first sign of some trouble. I rather go down with one of my best starters than bring in my closer in the 5th in a jam. I feel Like when i watch postseason baseball relievers tend to have more issues coming into a game mid inning then just starting the whole inning fresh. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow what a Fing play by bohm. Hats off to that kid his defense has been so much better from where he started the season at. 

• Like 2

Dang great play by Mikolas. A second later i think marsh beats it out cause the ball likely would’ve hit him in the backside 

Surprised the cardinals took Mikolas out for Montgomery. Montgomery has been bad the last 3 weeks. And the Phillies have hit him in his career the other time they faced him. 

that first strike to schwarber was BS. 

1 minute ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Gonna need an explanation on them not overturning that call at second

Ya i don’t know how you watch that and say he’s still out. That’s bs. But base running killed a potentially big inning