Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

Have to hope for a wild pitch. That's the only way Harper is gonna score.

Obviously we don't get to this point without Nola being as great as he was up til today but he still earns a big F you anyway. Great time to implode. 

I'm goin to bed, not staying up any later to watch them give up double digit runs

• Like 2

This is my fault. I got out of my lucky seat because I had to pick my daughter up… they immediately hit the two home runs and it went south from there. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, B3 said:

This is my fault. I got out of my lucky seat because I had to pick my daughter up… they immediately hit the two home runs and it went south from there. 

You’re not that special. 

• Haha 1

I’m happy with the split because that’s what you ultimately wanted. Going into the series was to get a split on the road. But having one of your aces on the mound with a four run lead and managing to blow it feels like it puts the Phillies in a lot of trouble. Because game 3 you have Suarez going to get Musgrove. Musgrove might be the best pitcher of the Padres have going right now. Even with the game in Philly that’s still advantage Padres. And then game 4 you’re going to get Clevenger against Syndergaard, which who the hell knows how that plays out. When you have an ace on the mound of a four run lead, you have to win that game. 

going into the series I thought it would go 6 or 7 but I thought the Padres should be the favorite and likely win it for 2 reasons. First, the game three starters matchup is a complete mismatch unless Ranger Suarez pitches an unbelievable game. Musgrove has been really good lately for the padres. He can but I don’t necessarily trust him to do it. And if you lost game three, unless you won game one and two it was going to become more difficult for the Phillies with matchups and bullpen . game four is a crapshoot that likely comes down to who is bullpen pitches better over 5-6 innings. And with game five while Wheeler has been great, the Padres can match up with Darvish. And the two games after game five snell versus nola feels even.  game seven it is advantage Padres with Musgrove able to go.

i hope the Phillies prove all this wrong i just think padres rotation and pen is just set up better than the Phillies if we couldn’t get the victories with nola and wheeler’s starts. It’s honestly one of the reasons why at the deadline I wanted them to get a frontline starter so when a game three they could’ve had a frontline guy matching up against Musgrove to equal it out. and then game four youd likely have the advantage against Clevenger.

12 minutes ago, devpool said:

Obviously we don't get to this point without Nola being as great as he was up til today but he still earns a big F you anyway. Great time to implode. 

I'm goin to bed, not staying up any later to watch them give up double digit runs

Yeah....it's amazing how a few people can f you entire night up. I was on top of the world thinking 4 runs should be enough.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m happy with the split because that’s what you ultimately wanted. Going into the series was to get a split on the road. But having one of your aces on the mound with a four run lead and managing to blow it feels like it puts the Phillies in a lot of trouble. Because game 3 you have Suarez going to get Musgrove. Musgrove might be the best pitcher of the Padres have going right now. Even with the game in Philly that’s still advantage Padres. And then game 4 you’re going to get Clevenger against Syndergaard, which who the hell knows how that plays out. When you have an ace on the mound of a four run lead, you have to win that game. 

going into the series I thought it would go 6 or 7 but I thought the Padres should be the favorite and likely win it for 2 reasons. First, the game three starters matchup is a complete mismatch unless Ranger Suarez pitches an unbelievable game. Musgrove has been really good lately for the padres. He can but I don’t necessarily trust him to do it. And if you lost game three, unless you won game one and two it was going to become more difficult for the Phillies with matchups and bullpen . game four is a crapshoot that likely comes down to who is bullpen pitches better over 5-6 innings. And with game five while Wheeler has been great, the Padres can match up with Darvish. And the two games after game five snell versus nola feels even.  game seven it is advantage Padres with Musgrove able to go.

i hope the Phillies prove all this wrong i just think padres rotation and pen is just set up better than the Phillies if we couldn’t get the victories with nola and wheeler’s starts. It’s honestly one of the reasons why at the deadline I wanted them to get a frontline starter so when a game three they could’ve had a frontline guy matching up against Musgrove to equal it out. and then game four youd likely have the advantage against Clevenger.

Love your posts and probably on point....but way too long in the middle of a F those SOB mood

25 minutes ago, Tnt4philly said:

A fairly young team that endured  a mid season managerial change and should only get better?

Managers don't stand at the plate and swing at bad pitches. Managers don't stand on the mound and lose self confidence and control.  Managers manage.  Players play.  

14 minutes ago, B3 said:

F'r

9 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Yeah....it's amazing how a few people can f you entire night up. I was on top of the world thinking 4 runs should be enough.

Love your posts and probably on point....but way too long in the middle of a F those SOB mood

Nola deserves a lot of criticism when having a 4-0 lead and pissing it away. Hand was also awful in his appearance. But also the offense tends to do this when they hit a slump. By that i mean they have 1 big inning then completely disappear for the rest of the game and the next couple games. I’ve seen this before during the regular season. They’ll have a 3-4 spot where you think they are catching fire then next 13-15 innings can’t really hit. With musgrove going in game 3 i have a feeling it’s likely going to continue. Hoping Suarez pitches the game of his life.   

• Like 1

Maybe as bad as facing musgrove next game, the Phillies have let machado, soto, drury and bell get some really good at bats and confidence. 

tbh wouldn’t have used Robertson in this situation. Down 3 not worth it. Let him get an extra 2 days of rest in healing his calf and he’ll likely feel slightly better if needed in game 3 on Friday. 

2 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Congrats on the home split San Diego

White flag gibson lol

i’ve wouldn’t have even used Robertson in this situation to begin with. You know he’s probably not 100% from that calf injury. You’re down three runs against arguably the best bullpen going right now in the playoffs. You’re better off giving Robertson two extra days to help him heal and maybe it helps him on Friday if you need him. 

17 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Managers don't stand at the plate and swing at bad pitches. Managers don't stand on the mound and lose self confidence and control.  Managers manage.  Players play.  

They still have some holes to fill to get better. However, they are still a fairly young team and have a superstar who has so far, showed up in October. 

My point about the managerial change is that teams that suck so bad that their manger is fired mid season, rarely make the playoffs. I never expected them to make it this far this year. My wife and I have endured a lot of bad Phillies baseball over the past ten years and I am excited about the future of this team.  

That said, this series is far from over. Go Phillies!!!

• Like 1

Notice the lack of excitement when the Phillies lead off with a homer and base got but he wets his pants when SD turned the DP? 

At least gibson wasn’t complete crap in this game. Positives lol 

3 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Phillies in 6 maybe 7. 

Phillies in 6. Book it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Phillies in 6 maybe 7. 

I hope you are right. I kind of felt like the Padres would win it in 6 before the series cause games 3 and 4 i felt was advantage padres with the pitching matchups and padres bullpen pitching like they are. So the Phillies if they were gonna pull this out had to win every nola and wheeler start or pray that Suarez had a game where he pitched the game of his life to make up if we lost one of nola or wheeler’s start.