Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

Sign Turner and Benintendi, trade Hoskins for SP or BP help, move Schwarber to 1B:

Turner

Harper 

Realmuto

Schwarber

Castellanos

Benintendi

Bohm

Stott

Marsh

Line up and defense issues substantially improve by adding high on base, plus defensive players in Turner and Benintendi. 

11 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Sign Turner and Benintendi, trade Hoskins for SP or BP help, move Schwarber to 1B:

Turner

Harper 

Realmuto

Schwarber

Castellanos

Benintendi

Bohm

Stott

Marsh

Line up and defense issues substantially improve by adding high on base, plus defensive players in Turner and Benintendi. 

Stott is a big wildcard for next season I think. Watching him at the plate, there’s plenty of reason for optimism that he’s going to turn into a consistent .300 hitter.  His approach is good (though he had a few rough at bats the last couple games), he makes pitchers work. He needs to get better at hitting fastballs, but I think he’s got a real good chance to be a solid lead-off guy. 

• Like 1

Not worried about Stott at all to be honest - I think he's gonna be fine.  I enjoyed the Hoskins HRs this postseason obviously, but he's gotta go.  Too inconsistent at the plate and too much of a liability in the field.  Really like Segura as well but yeah we can do better there.  

It sure was fun while it lasted.  A few fans were at the Bank to greet them coming home.  The 5 yr. old kid is a mini Harper.  Adorable!  Thanks for the ride.  See ya next season.  It will be here before we know it!

https://6abc.com/world-series-2022-bryce-harper-phillies-fans-citizens-bank-park/12425035/ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

steve is all about "weiner things" apparently, nttawwt. :whistle:   

Go have " another " sandwich. :P

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

The way stark talked about it he needs it. Frankly don’t pull a dominguez and try putting off the inevitability with doing other methods that aren’t going to work. His PRP treatment didn’t work and that was after he sat 2.5 months with the thumb. If he does the new procedure it’s a 4-6 month recovery like hoskins did. 

4 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

i think if we had a complete shutdown reliever we probably would have won game 6.

or left your starter in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Steve 17 said:

I agree that would be very difficult but but you never know. 

Maybe there are some baseball execs who only saw the couple sliding catches on the highlights but didn't watch him hit in the postseason? Maybe they could be tricked into a trade?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TV Guy said:

Maybe there are some baseball execs who only saw the couple sliding catches on the highlights but didn't watch him hit in the postseason? Maybe they could be tricked into a trade?

Or the old you take my bad contract and I will take yours.

In sports.......  I am never convinced a deal is not possible.

4 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

you fools talked sheet on the hunt...and the sillies never won another game.

coincidence?  maybe...maybe not. :whistle:  

f'n jeter!!!  :flex:   

yeah, i'm sure it was because of you. :excited:

He didn’t mention it, but the option was mutual. No way were the Phillies exercising that option. 

And as expected, Phillies exercised Nola’s final year option for $16m.

10 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

He didn’t mention it, but the option was mutual. No way were the Phillies exercising that option. 

And as expected, Phillies exercised Nola’s final year option for $16m.

I’m fine with keeping Nola around, but it needs to be as the #3. Which means adding a legit #1/#2 to go along with Wheeler. 

3 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Turner

Harper 

Realmuto

Schwarber

Castellanos

Benintendi

Bohm

Stott

Marsh

I can't deal with another season of Castellanos in that 5 hole.  I've never seen a player look so lost at the plate for almost an entire season.  

9 minutes ago, nipples said:

I’m fine with keeping Nola around, but it needs to be as the #3. Which means adding a legit #1/#2 to go along with Wheeler. 

Signing rodon would be nice. 

Rodon + Turner/Boegarts/Correa + BP help might be tough from a money standpoint. That’s likely a combined $65m-$70m in annual payroll additions. They’ve already got $132m tied up between Harper, Wheeler, Realmuto, Castellanos, Schwarber and Nola + another $25m for arbitration guys (Hoskins, Suarez, Alvarado, Dominguez).

We’ll see how committed Middleton is. Have to imagine they made a boatload of money from the playoff run. 

17 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Rodon + Turner/Boegarts/Correa + BP help might be tough from a money standpoint. That’s likely a combined $65m-$70m in annual payroll additions. They’ve already got $132m tied up between Harper, Wheeler, Realmuto, Castellanos, Schwarber and Nola + another $25m for arbitration guys (Hoskins, Suarez, Alvarado, Dominguez).

We’ll see how committed Middleton is. Have to imagine they made a boatload of money from the playoff run. 

Plenty of money is coming off the books, and after this year, I doubt Middleton will care.

Their payroll last year was $242M....  As of right now, they're looking at $161Mm so they have $81M to match last years.

Hell, $30 million is coming off the books just from Segura and Didi. 

24 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Plenty of money is coming off the books, and after this year, I doubt Middleton will care.

Their payroll last year was $242M....  As of right now, they're looking at $161Mm so they have $81M to match last years.

Hell, $30 million is coming off the books just from Segura and Didi. 

If they got turned/Correa/bogerts and rodon I’d be super stoked. 

I can't believe Hoskins was snubbed yet again for the Gold Glove.  :nonono:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Mlodj said:

He won Trojans boner of the month award though for his fielding 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He won Trojans boner of the month award though for his fielding 

Also LifeStyles Ultra sensitive Stiff of the year

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mlodj said:

He’s got a good shot at the Pyrite Glove award though.