Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

4 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

So you don’t think it’s possible they will do that still? Why?

Luxury Tax, You think Brad hand would be a good addition? well nope sorry he goes to a division rival

6 minutes ago, What The F said:

Stupid contract, but f it.  Not my money. 

Yup agreed on that. stark said it just now on the radio. When they offered him 110 they were basically forced to just go up 5.5 million to get him locked up so he achieved his highest average annual salary for a catcher. He was originally asking for 30 mil per year and no team was going there. Plus if the Phillies lowballed JT where he took a one year deal elsewhere it would come off poorly around the league and with the fans even if they were bidding against themselves. Also middleton knew the fans would hold it against the Phillies if they didn’t get it done. 

stark also thinks the Phillies are in the centerfield market still via FA or trade. 

• Like 1

Looks like the way they structured the deal is to stay under LT, money this year is deferred, what a joke.

Just heard the news.  Huge contract but he's the best catcher in MLB so let's hope he plays at this level for the next 4-5 years.   Congrats JT and welcome back! :phil:

Simmons to the Twins for 1 year 10.5. Hopefully didi wants to stay and the phillies pay him.

2 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Simmons to the Twins for 1 year 10.5. Hopefully didi wants to stay and the phillies pay him.

Now the rest of the Phillies team

image.gif.fc8767b9191d29636cd666f0a08b027c.gif

I thought re-signing the best player in the league at his position would be viewed as a good thing. I guess I should have known better.

• Haha 2

On 1/23/2021 at 9:43 AM, Blazehound said:

What’s done is done with the trade. Not debating the merits of the trade. It was dumb of them not to sign him to an extension immediately thereafter. 

As far as the negotiations are concerned, you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. I personally wouldn’t give him more than 100. 

Could Klentak has done a worse job with the resources he was given? He was terrible at everything.

9 hours ago, SBorBust said:

I thought re-signing the best player in the league at his position would be viewed as a good thing. I guess I should have known better.

"Philadelphia is the only city, where you can experience the thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day."

-Mike Schmidt

Back of the rotation guy/long relief.  Hopefully a team-friendly deal. 

I like the Didi signing, especially since it's for 2 years (gotta wonder if Klentak was still in charge if that would have been a 3 or 4 year deal). It'll be nice if this Bryson Stott kid can grow into Didi's replacement. 

• Like 2

Super happy they resigned didi. Our offense is good enough with this lineup. Just please get even an average starter so I don’t have to see Velasquez ever start a game again. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Odd move.  I thought Irvin had potential.

11 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Odd move.  I thought Irvin had potential.

Yeah that’s weird. He seemed like one of the more promising arms, not that it’s saying much. 

So same team as last year plus Bradley..... last place

55 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

So same team as last year plus Bradley..... last place

If Howard and Bohm continue to approve, Phils will surprise.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Is Howard even supposed to be healthy? I seriously don't know. 

2 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Ehh. I am feeling very negative lately about things. Maybe I am wrong

• Sad 1