Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

3 hours ago, mattwill said:

What you would do with Walker

I'd put his ass in the pen and let him sit there over a reliable 4th option doing the same. 

Nice to see the depth of the club shining thru.  Bodes well for the long term.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Bodes well for the long term.

They were in the World Series two years ago and the NLCS last season.  This team isn’t rebuilding.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

They were in the World Series two years ago and the NLCS last season.  This team isn’t rebuilding.

Of course not.  I'm talking about long term in this season.

15 hours ago, RoadToHell said:

What happened to Stubbs? Dude has turned into Knapp 

Not sure anything happened to him unfortunately. He stunk before and continues to stink. I'm assuming he offers a lot to the team apart from his actual play. Maybe preparing or whatever who knows.

So since Rojas went 7-20 (.350) vs the Rockies and white Sox, he’s 7-47 (.149) and his obp is .184. Feels like that series vs white Sox and Rockies he was able to find success because both teams aren’t good and bad pitching. They are the two worst teams in mlb. The Phillies are playing great right now but in the playoffs you can’t have Castellanos and Rojas both being this inconsistent or poor at the plate. 

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Not sure anything happened to him unfortunately. He stunk before and continues to stink. I'm assuming he offers a lot to the team apart from his actual play. Maybe preparing or whatever who knows.

I don’t know but I remember him at least getting on base more but now he can’t even get a hit anymore. At least Stubbs acknowledges he sucks now 

Good job Nola

4 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Good job Nola

He blew it in the 6th but the offense has 1 hit against a guy who entered the day with teams hitting .301 against him. 

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He blew it in the 6th but the offense has 1 hit against a guy who entered the day with teams hitting .301 against him. 

That's who this team is. Nola is the weak spot snd can't be counted on abd the offense goes cold on a dime

On 5/7/2024 at 11:30 PM, Diehardfan said:

I'd put his ass in the pen and let him sit there over a reliable 4th option doing the same. 

And how will that make him a better pitcher going forward?  Especially going forward in October.

On 5/8/2024 at 8:23 AM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

So since Rojas went 7-20 (.350) vs the Rockies and white Sox, he’s 7-47 (.149) and his obp is .184. Feels like that series vs white Sox and Rockies he was able to find success because both teams aren’t good and bad pitching. They are the two worst teams in mlb. The Phillies are playing great right now but in the playoffs you can’t have Castellanos and Rojas both being this inconsistent or poor at the plate. 

Agreed

46 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Agreed

Think at the deadline we’d likely go after a RP. But if Castellanos and Rojas are still like this by then, I’d contact the giants and see what it would take to get Michael conforto. He’s having a solid year. He’s a FA at the end of the year. He’s a left handed bat so he can platoon with Rojas and Castellanos. Plus he’s always hit well at CBP

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattwill said:

And how will that make him a better pitcher going forward?  Especially going forward in October.

Screw him. He isn't reliable. 

Bohm may be the 3rd slowest person in baseball

Everybody hits. Woo hoo!

28 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

@e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! Look who has the runs batted in!!

If only we got 162 against the marlins 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If only we got 162 against the marlins 

Don't they usually struggle against the Marlins tho?

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They did a couple years ago it was beyond frustrating. I’d take the White Sox 162 games instead 

• Haha 2

Ranger has always been good for us but this year is just something extra special. This guy is pitching like an Ace and I’m never nervous when he’s on the mound. It’s a nice feeling to have and I hope he keeps it up all year

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think 2022 they were ok. And last year they were average. 2018-2021 they were awful 

Rojas!!!