Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

22 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Mirage. They don't have enough pitching depth, both in the rotation and bullpen, to sustain anything. They also have inconsistent hitters, so you never know what you're going to get with the offense. Right now, Harper is on a hot streak. But the inevitable slump where he goes 7 for 40 with 20 strikeouts is coming. And when that happens, they won't be winning too many games.

Yeah, they might win 85 games. But they're just as likely to win only 77.

I'll still root for them, but my expectations are not especially high.

Given my time difference and lack of free tv options I only get to see a couple games a year typically.  I do check the box score pretty much everyday and keep track of the standings and I'll read the recap of many games.  Still not the same as watching/listening obviously and I can't really get a good feel.  I'll only break down and buy an MLB package if they are seriously in the hunt.  Maybe I'll buy a month or something in Sept if they keep this up.

7 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Given my time difference and lack of free tv options I only get to see a couple games a year typically.  I do check the box score pretty much everyday and keep track of the standings and I'll read the recap of many games.  Still not the same as watching/listening obviously and I can't really get a good feel.  I'll only break down and buy an MLB package if they are seriously in the hunt.  Maybe I'll buy a month or something in Sept if they keep this up.

I tend to agree with Franklin cause their starting pitching isn’t very good. Wheeler has been good. Gibson so far here has been good. Everyone else has been inconsistent or just bad. Velasquez stinks. Nola is up and down depending on the start. Chase Anderson you really don’t know what you are going to get. Suarez they need to build up over the next couple weeks to get more than just 3 innings out of his starts. The bullpen has been better as of late but really it’s eggshells when guys like Alvarado and neris get into the game. And then the defense has and continues to be bad. 3 errors last night but managed to overcome it. The bats like Franklin said hot and cold depending on the series. Harper is in a zone right now. How long he stays in it will dictate whether the Phillies will keep up this current pace. 

the biggest thing in the Phillies favor is their schedule. They have the easiest schedule in baseball the rest of the way. Really after this stretch of 16 games the last 36 games of the year are ridiculously easy. Only play 9 games against winning teams (brewers for 3, Mets for 3 and Braves for 3). In those last 36 games if they want to win the division and make the playoffs should go something close to 24-12 in that stretch. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I tend to agree with Franklin cause their starting pitching isn’t very good. Wheeler has been good. Gibson so far here has been good. Everyone else has been inconsistent or just bad. Velasquez stinks. Nola is up and down depending on the start. Chase Anderson you really don’t know what you are going to get. Suarez they need to build up over the next couple weeks to get more than just 3 innings out of his starts. The bullpen has been better as of late but really it’s eggshells when guys like Alvarado and neris get into the game. And then the defense has and continues to be bad. 3 errors last night but managed to overcome it. The bats like Franklin said hot and cold depending on the series. Harper is in a zone right now. How long he stays in it will dictate whether the Phillies will keep up this current pace. 

the biggest thing in the Phillies favor is their schedule. They have the easiest schedule in baseball the rest of the way. Really after this stretch of 16 games the last 36 games of the year are ridiculously easy. Only play 9 games against winning teams (brewers for 3, Mets for 3 and Braves for 3). In those last 36 games if they want to win the division and make the playoffs should go something close to 24-12 in that stretch. 

Harper seems to get hot for 4-6 weeks each year.

I swear this team has no luck with injuries. They seemingly get the entire lineup back and then guys drop like flies 

2 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Harper seems to get hot for 4-6 weeks each year.

His numbers would be ridiculously better if we got him up with Risp more often

• Like 2

Ranger must have been on a pitch count.  Only pitched 2.2 IPs and 63 pitches.

16 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Ranger must have been on a pitch count.  Only pitched 2.2 IPs and 63 pitches.

Was on a 60 pitch count. They should’ve let him go 3 innings cause you basically could’ve pinched hit him in the bottom of the third. Also wtf are we doing having segura bunt when he’s our best hitter (average wise)

Good for Herrera. Learned to not beat women just the Mets. 

8 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

So is this run real or just a mirage against a sheety division?

Mirage

Geeez bohm is Fing awful as a fielder. 

• Like 1

Llovera going back to the minors once he’s pulled

i present you the Phillies bullpen

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Llovera going back to the minors once he’s pulled`

I sure hope so. 

:roll::roll::roll:

5-0 lead into the 9th so now is the time to put some inexperienced P in and he gives up 3 HRs to the first 3 batters he faces.

10 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

:roll::roll::roll:

5-0 lead into the 9th so now is the time to put some inexperienced P in and he gives up 3 HRs to the first 3 batters he faces.

Kennedy has given up a run in every outing with the Phillies where he has had to pitch to get three outs. Hoping he doesn’t do it again tonight 

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Geeez bohm is Fing awful as a fielder. 

I could live with this if he would hit like he was projected to. Dude can’t be a starting MLB corner IF with a 6 something ops 

Was at the game tonight. There were literally a million Mets fans. Was nice to see them leave disappointed, brought me great joy. 

also was my 2.5 month old daughters first Phillies game, we had a sign and got on the Jumbotron. Great time all around. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Was at the game tonight. There were literally a million Mets fans. Was nice to see them leave disappointed, brought me great joy. 

also was my 2.5 month old daughters first Phillies game, we had a sign and got on the Jumbotron. Great time all around. 

I hate Mets fans. I feel like they always take over the stadium when we play for the last like 7-8 years. We really need to not allow so many of their dbag fans in.

But that’s awesome you and your daughter got on the Jumbotron. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Literally, huh?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I hate Mets fans. I feel like they always take over the stadium when we play for the last like 7-8 years. We really need to not allow so many of their dbag fans in.

But that’s awesome you and your daughter got on the Jumbotron. 

Yeah. At first I get mad they’re all here. But then I’m kinda like well crap I’d want to leave New York too if I lived there I guess I can’t blame them. 

Just now, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Literally, huh?

Yeah literally. 

• Haha 1

Did Dan Baker have a stroke or develop Bell's Palsey? 

I know he had cancer surgery a few years ago, but his face and voice is obviously affected