Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

3 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

Matt Moore shouldn't be on a MLB roster. Please eject this loser ASAP.

Him and velasquez shouldn’t. I have a hard time imagining we don’t have anyone in the minors who could be slightly better and get some experience. 

Llovera should’ve been sent to the minors after his Mets disaster. He’s faced 10 batters in the last two outings and given up 4 homers and a single. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Division lead down to 1

Yeah. I mean its great they went on the winning streak and took over first in the division but let's be honest, the Mets and Nats aren't exactly stiff competition right now. I kind of expected a fall back to reality against the Dodgers. Matt Moore still sucks though and should be jettisoned back to Japan.

53 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

Yeah. I mean its great they went on the winning streak and took over first in the division but let's be honest, the Mets and Nats aren't exactly stiff competition right now. I kind of expected a fall back to reality against the Dodgers. Matt Moore still sucks though and should be jettisoned back to Japan.

With series coming up against the Dodgers, Reds, Pads and Rays, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us 3-4 games back by the end of August. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

JFC.  1 loss and you mfers are ready to mail it in.  I can't believe I need to use this, considering who you are responding to.

Animal House Bluto GIF - Animal House Bluto Was It Over - Discover & Share  GIFs

Germans?

• Haha 1

No....Otter and Boone are sitting on the sofa when he says that comment........and they look at each other and says "Germans?"...."Forget it, he's on a roll...."

I wasn't correcting, I was just stating next line!  But get back on that high horse lmao

• Haha 4

Matt Moore has had some good outings this year.  He doesn't belong in the rotation though (unless you're planning on tanking)

Bohm at first. Wish we had galvis back already he’d help at third 

11 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Brogdon starting because of the weather

Joy. This is going to be an ugly series cause of weather and our bullpen is really going to get exposed 

I swear this team gets a player back then loses another player immediately. Mccutchen returns and realmuto leaves a game 

also why is mccutchen batting cleanup?

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Just turned it on.  Why the F is Knapp playing?  

WTH happened to JT?  The game just f-ing started.  

Two foul balls off the mask. So they took him out. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Seriously.  That’s it?  Maybe he has a concussion.   Which would make sense to pull him.  

That’s why i assume. He finished the inning catching. Im Hoping it’s precautionary. We really need realmuto and hoskins back ASAP cause their replacements suck 

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

EA72FBB3-91A9-4A60-A795-268315DF1A0F.jpeg

Meh. Brad Miller at first, isn’t all that bad.  Bohm sucks tho.   Why is Miller not at 1st tonight?

I’m guessing cause bohm is incompetent fielding at 3rd. So you’d have to play torreyes and Miller. and the Phillies want bohm getting time at first. 

High powered offense so far this series…. 12 innings 8 hits and 0 runs 

10 minutes ago, 700Level4Life said:

Just win one game this series. 

This is probably the best game to get. Gibson is the best starter they have going this series. tomorrow it’s likely Suarez and a bullpen game. That isn’t in our favor against the Dodgers. 

and that’ll probably do it as gibson can’t get bellinger who’s been bad all year. And surprise surprise bohm has no clue on defense 

And gibson has turned into a complete pumpkin. gives up a double to price.  

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Is this going to be another game that Joe and the team just mails in?   

I didn’t have a good feeling about this series.  But GD these rain delays and now the offense has gone into a shell.  Injuries don’t help, obviously.  

We got 2 runs! We did it! Only took us 13 innings to do it! 

lol at Herrera acting like he hit a Homer and bellinger catches it

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It looked like he got it all, to me. 

I thought Harper’s looked more like it was going to be out but the ball is not carrying out in center. 

Gibson is getting hit hard. He’s lucky mccutchen went youth mccutchen 

Knapp wasting an at bat and potentially injuring himself on top of it  

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Knapp, along with Vinny, continues to steal money.  And being the only catcher, he bunts off his finger.  Brilliant.  Who’s the emergency catcher?  Please don’t say Bohm.  

Choooooooooooch lol 

• Like 1

Bohm should’ve taken one for the team. We need base runners. Be more like roger dorn

And then he has that Fing disgrace of a play at first. The Ben Simmons of Fing fielding