Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

17 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Isn't that still an improvement over what we have now?

25 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Isn't that still an improvement over what we have now?

Better than llovera

36 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Better than llovera

My grandma's skeleton is better than Llovera. How does this guy have a MLB roster spot? His career ERA is 12.91.

• Haha 2

The offense is back to famine. 5 runs in 4 games. 

Good start for moore. But still F him for being awful prior 

Could you imagine throwing a no hitter through 6 pitches and 75 pitches and being taken out of the game? 

Imagine how Roy Halladay or Cliff Lee would have reacted? 

34 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Could you imagine throwing a no hitter through 6 pitches and 75 pitches and being taken out of the game? 

Imagine how Roy Halladay or Cliff Lee would have reacted? 

If the offense had more than 2 runs up on the board I’m thinking they give him a longer leash. I can’t blame the manager for that. The fact we got 6 good innings is a miracle and i think with moore the snowball becomes an avalanche rather quickly 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

image.png.a441bfb8fa0a49fa94fff34601f6f563.png

This image from ESPN's player profile page.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Lots of talk about the Phils' schedule being easy once they came off of the sweep of the Mets.  Yeah, it will be but the LA/Cinn homestand, the west coast trip, and the short TB series are anything but easy.  If they can get thru the next 9 games it then starts to ease up.  A W today is really important heading into the west coast roadtrip.

3 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Lots of talk about the Phils' schedule being easy once they came off of the sweep of the Mets.  Yeah, it will be but the LA/Cinn homestand, the west coast trip, and the short TB series are anything but easy.  If they can get thru the next 9 games it then starts to ease up.  A W today is really important heading into the west coast roadtrip.

Agreed. They really need to win today and take at least 2 from the Dbacks to weather the upcoming storm. The Braves schedule is especially easy over the next week (play the O’s and Marlins).

10 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Who the hell is Kyle Garlick?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blazehound said:

Agreed. They really need to win today and take at least 2 from the Dbacks to weather the upcoming storm. The Braves schedule is especially easy over the next week (play the O’s and Marlins).

I haven't been paying attention to the details of the schedule so I was a bit surprised when I took a look after all the talk about the easy schedule.  The 15 games after the Mets sweep were anything but easy.

5 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

I made the point before the Mets series that the next 17 games were the hardest left on the schedule. If they could somehow be 10-7 through this then they would likely have the inside track cause their schedule down the stretch was really easy compared to the rest of the division and really the national league. After the rays game, they have 36 games left and only 9 against teams over .500 (brewers, Mets and Braves all on the road). That said the Phillies also play down to competition in the past like the marlins and the pirates taking 2 of 3 in Pittsburgh before this hot streak so there is the potential the Phillies find a way to screw this up. Last three of the year are at miami a team that’s haunted them the last 3 years 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Not immediately after the sweep of the Mets as their next 5 series, 4 are vs winning teams.  They had LAD and now CIN.  Then starts their short WC trip, first vs lowly ARI and then vs SD.  Then upon returning home they host TB for 2 games.  After that their next 2 series to close out the month are again vs lowly ARI (a 4 game series) then away to WSH.  So the easy part of their schedule doesn't come until after TB.  Right now they are in a tough stretch of games where going .500 isn't considered bad.  They need to stay close to the Braves so when the 'easy' part of the schedule kicks in that they're in a position to make a move.

Looking at the remaining schedules for August for the Phillies, Braves, and Mets I predicted come September that the Braves would be in 1st, the Phillies in 2nd close enough to still push the Braves for the division title, and the Mets would fall apart and be a distant 3rd.  Still early, but it's currently shaping up that way.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Not immediately after the sweep of the Mets as their next 5 series, 4 are vs winning teams.  They had LAD and now CIN.  Then starts their short WC trip, first vs lowly ARI and then vs SD.  Then upon returning home they host TB for 2 games.  After that their next 2 series to close out the month are again vs lowly ARI (a 4 game series) then away to WSH.  So the easy part of their schedule doesn't come until after TB.  Right now they are in a tough stretch of games where going .500 isn't considered bad.  They need to stay close to the Braves so when the 'easy' part of the schedule kicks in that they're in a position to make a move.

Looking at the remaining schedules for August for the Phillies, Braves, and Mets I predicted come September that the Braves would be in 1st, the Phillies in 2nd close enough to still push the Braves for the division title, and the Mets would fall apart and be a distant 3rd.  Still early, but it's currently shaping up that way.

The Phillies might catch the Padres at the right time without Tatis. And the Padres have been struggling since the all star break. They are 13-13 and currently on a 4 game losing to the marlins and dbacks. They play the Rockies next in coors. Their pitching staff could really be hurting by the time they get to the Phillies. Phillies with wheeler pitching Thursday should have their arms rested for that series. 

Should help nola that castellanos got ejected  yet still down 1-0 in the first. Also Phillies great David bell  i Fing hated David bell  

Way to go nola. Give up a single to the pitcher and then give up 2 runs. Amazing if we lose this series we lost the two games with nola and wheeler pitching and won the game with moore

Nats really playing it hard since the deadline. They are 2-12. Sadly we only have 3 games left against them

Nola can't even go 5 IP at  home.  Gets pulled after just 4.1 IP and leaving the bases loaded.  And our O decides they don't want to hit a P with an ERA over 4.00 today.  Of course.

It'll be interesting to see if the Phillies pick up Nola's 2023 option of 16 mil. I'd assume they will just because of the dearth of starting pitching in the league but I would seriously think about dealing him if I got the right offer. 

Need to take advantage of this inning

17 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

It'll be interesting to see if the Phillies pick up Nola's 2023 option of 16 mil. I'd assume they will just because of the dearth of starting pitching in the league but I would seriously think about dealing him if I got the right offer. 

I’d deal him if the right offer came along but you really would need another starter. They’d have to either get one in the trade or via FA. He really has regressed the last three years. This year he’s been awful on the road and average at best at home. 

also bad news Tatis is apparently returning today against the dbacks 

• Like 1