Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

Pitching change for the Reds.  Bases loaded and 1 out they get a BB and a sac-fly to score 2.  At least they scored runs and didn't leave them loaded.  If Cutch can get a hit to score another run to tie up the game and still leave at least one player in scoring position.

EDIT:  Nope.  Arrested for loitering. 

3 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Pitching change for the Reds.  Bases loaded and 1 out they get a BB and a sac-fly to score 2.  At least they scored runs and didn't leave them loaded.  If Cutch can get a hit to score another run to tie up the game and still leave at least one player in scoring position.

Nope. Stares at strike 3 even though the ump has been giving the pitchers that call all day. 

Glass half full with two runs to get back in the game

What the hell was Bohm doing with his eyes during God Bless America? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

What the hell was Bohm doing with his eyes during God Bless America? 

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe practicing striking out looking.

• Haha 1

F this ump. Misses a strike right in the zone. It’s a 4-3 game right now if not for that dbag 

And neris makes sure it’s put away. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Losers

I’d take the Braves even with the Phillies schedule. We can’t hit worth crap for a week or longer. We look good for 4-5 games then back to inept. Every time someone comes back from injury someone else gets hurts. Besides wheeler (potentially gibson) you never know what the hell you are getting from your starters. Plus our pen is still not very good. 

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

F that ump and F Neris 

F nola too. 4.1 4ERs, 3BB, 4ks. That’s velasquez-esque

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If I told you last week that we would win one game in this series where Wheeler, Moore and Nola started.  You damn sure wouldn’t think it would be the Moore start.   

Normally wheeler is on. But you never know what the heck nola or Moore are going to give you. Nola can be great then he can also be just like velasquez. Suarez looks good but he can’t go more than 4-5 innings at the moment. I’m hoping eflin comes back and is at least decent. 

Well the next 8 games are quite important.  If we can stay within 2-3 games of the Braves then we have a shot.  Otherwise, this will feel just like it has the last few years where we make one run late in the summer and sniff a shot at the playoffs only to fade away as the bats cool off and the pitching is exposed yet again.

45 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You hate Nola, I get it.  But JFC he and Moore are not on the same level.  Good god. Moore has been a joke. The guy hasn’t won a game in 2 years, until last night.  Nola has been a disappointment.  But he’s been a little up and down.  Moore has been all down.  But again the offense sucks.  And of course…..Neris.  

I don’t hate nola. I’m irritated he’s had largely the same issues for 3 consecutive seasons. I just think for what you are expecting he’s been far bigger of a disappointment. If nola is just a competent no. 2 the Phillies are in a better spot. His last 4 months he’s had an era of 4.55, 6.00, 3.81 and currently in august before today 5.00 and after going to be around 5.2-30

I expected Moore to be terrible. There’s a reason why he went overseas to play.

This isn’t a one year thing with nola it’s been a regression over the last 3 years to get to where we are. He was solid in 2019. He was bad on the road with a 5.19 ERA but incredibly good at home with a 2.91. Last year he was once again great at home with a 2.50 but an average 4.26 on the road (could’ve been worse or better as they only played 60 games). This year his era is 4.48 Era. His era now at home is close to 3.10ish (need to see after this game) which is solid but his road era is 5.56. That’s actually worse than Moore on the road. Moore on the road has a 4.05 ERA (shocking he’s awful at home). His ERA in the 5th inning is just below 10. At some point in time if it’s 3 consecutive seasons of mediocre to bad starts on the road i expect him to be mediocre or bad in the road and solid/good at home. This year he’s slightly regressed at home which is not good even if it’s slightly cause his road woes are currently worst of his career. 

I’d chalk it up to a 2009 Hamels type season but this is the same issue 3 consecutive years

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Nola is what he is.  He’s not Hamels.  He’s not an ace.  As soon as everyone comes to gripes with that the better.  Team has a lot of flaws.  But my big issue is how the offense goes quiet.  And there are still those games that they seem to mail it in.  They do have like 7 games coming up with Arizona over the next few weeks.  They need all of those and then some.  I think the Mets go out to play LA next week.  So they are about cooked.  

Oh the offense is back to being crap for a week or two. They scored 0,2,2,1,6,4 runs in the last 6 games of the homestand. Average of 2.5.

It doesn’t help nearly every time someone comes back then someone else gets hurt. they’ve become eagles like in that department.

I’m actually supposed to go to the Tuesday and Wednesday game out here in AZ. I almost don’t want to go cause they haven’t won a game Ive gone to out here since like 2014 

Mets are definitively cooked. Play at SF and at Dodgers and then vs. Sf. Their next 9 games is brutal. Only thing they have in their favor is 6 against the marlins and 8 against the nationals. 

2 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Is Bohm and Gregorias the worst defensive combo in Phillies history? 

Gregorius is definitely bad but I will say that Bohm and Hoskins are without a doubt the worst fielding corner infielders in Phillies history. 

Gregorius has zero range. None. 

Like I'm pretty sure Eflin's ERA would be a full run lower if Jimmy Rollins was playing short. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Gregorius has zero range. None. 

Like I'm pretty sure Eflin's ERA would be a full run lower if Jimmy Rollins was playing short. 

Heck if they had Pedro Feliz at third that could be true. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think that's it for him. 

Looks like JA Happ is the last of the 2008 Phillies 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I don't know if his range would be much better.  He's 42 years old.  

Now I know, this isn't the case.  Feliz is 46.  Sheesh guys.  

I meant feliz when he was in his playing days. I’m pretty sure he also meant rollins in his playing days. Not as in who they are currently. Or at least that’s what i thought he was alluding too. 

• Haha 1

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF - Sarcastic Sarcasm Thumbs - Discover & Share GIFs |  Jeremy clarkson, Top gear, Best funny pictures

I was being sarcastic......

Im not fluent in sarcasm. Lol 

Phillies really need to win these games. Braves are rolling right now. Even though their schedule gets tougher next week the confidence they are playing with might be able to carry them in some of those series. I don’t think it’s unrealistic to see them win series against the Yankees or giants. Really the toughest part of their schedule is after this week where they have 2 vs. Yankees, 3 vs. giants and 3 at Dodgers. Then they actually have about as easy of a schedule as we do

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Are you at the game?

No. Bad monsoon made it super hard to drive  to get there since I’m about 1.5 Hours away from the stadium. Then there’s supposedly another storm hitting around 930-10 that is supposedly as bad. Im gonna shoot for tomorrow supposed to be no rain or monsoons tomorrow. 

Just got this notification 

74143C7F-0735-486B-94E6-09A5C12EB02C.jpeg