Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

They will win 3 in a row and some people will again jump on the bandwagon, some people never learn

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

They will win 3 in a row and some people will again jump on the bandwagon, some people never learn

I think most people have learned after that dbacks series who they truly are. If you’ve followed this year for the past 3 years they are who they are. 

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

Hoskins should be one of the first players we trade away this off season.

Sadly they need him even if he’s super hot and super cold for long stretches because they basically would have holes at first, third, SS, LF and CF. Along with starters and BP. Way too many holes to fix. Really the Phillies should blow it up and rebuild but they’ll likely F that up again anyway 

23 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Sadly they need him even if he’s super hot and super cold for long stretches because they basically would have holes at first, third, SS, LF and CF. Along with starters and BP. Way too many holes to fix. Really the Phillies should blow it up and rebuild but they’ll likely F that up again anyway 

I disagree.  He has some value and he is not going to be here when we are good.  Move him now before he gets worse.

• Like 2

Hoskins out for the season. Looks like abdominal surgery for him. Yes, I would certainly look to unload him in the off season. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Hoskins out for the season. Looks like abdominal surgery for him. Yes, I would certainly look to unload him in the off season. 

Time to sell off the assets they have and rebuild

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

I disagree.  He has some value and he is not going to be here when we are good.  Move him now before he gets worse.

They should but the Phillies as an organization aren’t going to concede to having to rebuild. They are going to continue to think they are close. Sadly cause they believe that they won’t deal hoskins to create a hole elsewhere to solve one elsewhere  

either way they’d F up that rebuild cause they don’t have the right guys in place to do a rebuild 

• Like 1

This team belongs in Williamsport right now, not Philadelphia.  Actually, those kids have way more heart

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They should but the Phillies as an organization aren’t going to concede to having to rebuild. They are going to continue to think they are close. Sadly cause they believe that they won’t deal hoskins to create a hole elsewhere to solve one elsewhere  

either way they’d F up that rebuild cause they don’t have the right guys in place to do a rebuild 

We have to hope they fall apart over the next 36 games, which 30 are against teams with sub .500 records.  If they finish that stretch poorly and end up 3rd in the division then maybe some blind idiot in the FO will see the truth that they have way too many holes to fill and will need 2-3 seasons at least to rebuild the roster.

• Like 1

They need to trade the major league talent away for prospects, slash payroll, invest in the draft and international scouting.  Once they've homegrown a foundation that produces one season of .500 or better baseball (not before), then go big game hunting to put the team over the top in FA.

• Like 1

Aside from the last 2 first round picks who haven't even really begun their prospect development, do the Phillies even have anyone in their farm system worth mentioning?  Feels like there is truly zero help on the way.

Maybe Stott comes up later this year, hits great, and then turns into a .210 hitting error machine for the rest of his career per the usual prospect trajectory.

The dbacks are the Phillies new marlins. 0-4 against the dbacks. If not for those 4 wins against the Phillies, the dbacks are the worst team in baseball. 

1 hour ago, Green_Guinness said:

We have to hope they fall apart over the next 36 games, which 30 are against teams with sub .500 records.  If they finish that stretch poorly and end up 3rd in the division then maybe some blind idiot in the FO will see the truth that they have way too many holes to fill and will need 2-3 seasons at least to rebuild the roster.

I still don’t think they would do that. I can totally see this organization saying well once hoskins got hurt that’s when the offense really went down the drain. Then they’ll say we got Dominguez coming back next year. A full year of gibson. Nola should bounce back to more of his norm and bohm will improve. Plus stott might be ready. I think they’ll look at it as we can add pieces and get ourselves into being a contender instead of looking at the reality of your team is not sustainable to be a consistent World Series contender.

they need to break it all down and get the right type of people in place. This means hiring guys from a organization like the rays who are a small market team that have really mastered drafting and developing. Once you get that part down then you can use the big market money you have and spend the money to go on with the guys you’re drafting and developing.  That really is where the Dodgers have absolutely killed it over the last decade. They built up that farm system and developed guys along the way and then added guys in using the big market money that they have.

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

Aside from the last 2 first round picks who haven't even really begun their prospect development, do the Phillies even have anyone in their farm system worth mentioning?  Feels like there is truly zero help on the way.

Maybe Stott comes up later this year, hits great, and then turns into a .210 hitting error machine for the rest of his career per the usual prospect trajectory.

Screenshot_20210827-005502_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

Screenshot_20210827-005502_Chrome.jpg

I think the bigger issue is after the top 3 there’s really not considered high end prospects. I think marchan winds up being a solid backup catcher. Rojas might be a fringe starting OF. And Wilson is similar boat. 

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think the bigger issue is after the top 3 there’s really not considered high end prospects. I think marchan winds up being a solid backup catcher. Rojas might be a fringe starting OF. And Wilson is similar boat. 

The top 3 are simply their last 3 first round picks who haven’t lost value yet.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

The top 3 are simply their last 3 first round picks who haven’t lost value yet.

Exactly. The Phillies haven’t done a great job drafting and developing guys. Ans their top prospects are just former first rounders who may or may not pan out but haven’t lost value. Really the Phillies haven’t done a great job with the international scouting and developing either. 

On 8/8/2021 at 4:11 PM, TV Guy said:

This run has really been impressive. Have to avoid the catastrophic collapse of the last two seasons now.

Oh well...:roll:

• Haha 2

Realmuto at first only works if your backup catcher isn’t god awful 

Maybe the baseball gods just really hates the Phillies 

Harper is like the only interesting thing on this team right now that Wheeler has gone in the tank. Dude has been elite these last two seasons. Not everyday that the least of your worries is the guy with the zillion dollar contract. 

The Phillies really trying to lose games now. What a pick up Kennedy was. That 7.00 ERA as the closer is big time. phillies trying to get swept by the dbacks again.