Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

True summary of what it’s like to watch the phillies

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Herrera is a f-ing disgrace.  Couldn’t be bothered with running out that double play.  Just stops running and wanders to the outfield.   I hope the media in Philly caught that.  I am so GD tired of that crap.  

Charlie Manuel would've benched him immediately.

Somehow they are gonna be 3.5 games back in the division. If they manage to sweep the nats and Dodgers sweep the Braves could find themselves 1.5 back. 

If we just played the nationals the rest of the way we are NL east champs 

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If we just played the nationals the rest of the way we are NL east champs 

I think we're now 12-6 vs the Nats.  Bats came alive tonight.  Man, if they can ever find hitters to bat in front of Harper who can get on base consistently and someone to bat behind him so opponents have to pitch to him, that would be nice.  But this is the Phillies we're talking about. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

I think we're now 12-6 vs the Nats.  Bats came alive tonight.  Man, if they can ever find hitters to bat in front of Harper who can get on base consistently and someone to bat behind him so opponents have to pitch to him, that would be nice.  But this is the Phillies we're talking about. 

I think they have won 9 out of their last 10 at nationals park. 

I’d bring up stott and see what he can do this last month. Sadly the Phillies need a 3b, LF, CF, SS (hope stott can be that) and guys to stay healthy. I feel like the last couple years the Phillies have been like the eagles. They never stay healthy. They should tear it down and complete rebuild. They won’t so id say if they get kris bryant then they could theoretically deal Bohm to get an outfielder or a starting pitcher

Phillies only 2.5 back in the wild card and 2 in the division. Which makes it all the more frustrating that they are a combined 14-15 against the dbacks, marlins, Rockies and pirates. If they were just 16-13 they’d be leading the division and really they should be even better than that against those awful teams 

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

Is anyone surprised by this slop effort. WTF happened to that guy?

And then the offense finds life to take the lead. If only we could play the nationals every game. 

If we can just play the nationals and dbacks at home every game 

6CED66BE-9549-4FCE-806F-29C19E0A98A7.jpeg

Yeah - they've been on a roll lately, but soon enough they'll go on another losing streak to remove them from contention

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah - they've been on a roll lately, but soon enough they'll go on another losing streak to remove them from contention

I’m guessing next week when they face the brewers for three in Milwaukee and then home for the Rockies for 4

the thing is they’ve been awful on the road outside of the nationals. Against the nationals they are 8-1. Against everyone else they are 22-35 

This freaking team and the marlins. They should go 5-1 at worse against this crap team with the 6 games they have left.

I guarantee this team goes 2-4 in those 6 games. i swear this team can’t beat the crap marlins and dbacks on the road 

Senior citizens go to florida to retire, the phillies go there to retire their season

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Senior citizens go to florida to retire, the phillies go there to retire their season

And they've lost the first 2 games of the series, including giving up a 2 run lead in the 8th inning.  The Fish now lead the season series 8-7.  They really like losing to the Marlins.  Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they get swept tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

And they've lost the first 2 games of the series, including giving up a 2 run lead in the 8th inning.  The Fish now lead the season series 8-7.  They really like losing to the Marlins.  Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they get swept tomorrow.

And it is a bullpen game which does not help

I despise these losers. They have all these chances to make up ground in the standings with the braves losing and they just refuse to beat some of the most pitiful teams in the league.

Blown chances yet again.  This is going just like we thought.  They hang close to give everyone some hope and then blow it.