Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

I am not the type of person to say I told you so......nevermind yes I am

image.png.64c61e77dacb592e1f2a8a0c86263c6b.png

Here's the Phillies lineup vs MIL's SP Woodruff today.  That's a combined total of 7 for 59 for a .119 BA with just 2 HRs and 3 RBIs while striking out 23 times (1 every 2.57 ABs).  Harper has K'd all 5 times he's faced him.

Couple that with how Wheeler has been pitching of late and I'd be very surprised if they avoid the L today.

2 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Here's the Phillies lineup vs MIL's SP Woodruff today.  That's a combined total of 7 for 59 for a .119 BA with just 2 HRs and 3 RBIs while striking out 23 times (1 every 2.57 ABs).  Harper has K'd all 5 times he's faced him.

Couple that with how Wheeler has been pitching of late and I'd be very surprised if they avoid the L today.

Harper is now .166

19 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Harper is now .166

Reverse jink.  You're welcome.

And Galvis is now .375.

18 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Update:  they hit six home runs yesterday 

5 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah - he's been on the IL for like 2 months hasn't he? 

Did haseley just quit baseball? Cause seen nothing about him 

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

Couldn't they have done this weeks ago? 

They did the same thing with Seranthony Dominguez. I swear the Eagles and Phillies must share the same moronic doctors.

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Did haseley just quit baseball? Cause seen nothing about him 

Yeah, totally forgot about him. Not that he is worth thinking about anyway. 

16 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

The difference is the giants crushing the horrific dbacks and Rockies for 26 wins and 6 losses. Alone 14-2 vs. the dbacks. The Phillies sit 3-4 against Az. and against the marlins 8-8, 1-2 vs. the pirates. Tells you everything you need to know about the Phillies. The only team the Phillies consistently beat is the nationals and that’s cause they had a good amount of games after turner and scherzer were dealt

19 minutes ago, therealdawk20 said:

Lost the series.  Now 2.5 back. 

Winning 3 out of 4 at home vs the Rockies should be doable. 

Phillies basically have to match the Braves until the Braves play the giants and Padres. Then the Phillies really have to take advantage of their schedule. They should be able to make up ground when the Braves play those two teams and the Phillies get the pirates and Cubs. If the Phillies trail the Braves going into that last week and series they aren’t going to win the division. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TV Guy said:

Take advantage of their schedule. :roll:

Oh they definitely aren’t going too. When i say should that was more of what a realistic playoff team would do. I fully expect them to lose 2 of 3 to the Cubs and pirates. Frankly i think they split this series with the Rockies as the Braves sweep the marlins 

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Oh they definitely aren’t going too. When i say should that was more of what a realistic playoff team would do. I fully expect them to lose 2 of 3 to the Cubs and pirates. Frankly i think they split this series with the Rockies as the Braves sweep the marlins 

So many chances and they are going to blow it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TV Guy said:

So many chances and they are going to blow it. 

Their combined 13-16 record against the dbacks, marlins, pirates and Rockies is what’s going to lose it for them. 

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Their combined 13-16 record against the dbacks, marlins, pirates and Rockies is what’s going to lose it for them. 

3-1 is the absolute floor in this series.

8 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

lol Phillies 

Phillies relief Ps should have to wear kneepads as part of their uniform, because they love to blow games.

And come on, Toronto!  Keep beating those dbag Yankmees!  Would be great to see the Blue Jays pass the Yankers in the standings.  Also, come on, Cards!  Beat those stinkin' Dodgers!  Go San Fran!  Go, Gabe!  So long as the Yankers and va-genie Dodgers lose and don't make the WS then I'm fine with anyone else winning it.  Well, except those cheating ASStros.  F them, too!

• Like 1

Kennedy has been a bust since he came here. He should be DFA'd after the game to make a point but I forgot, there is no accountability within this organization. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Kennedy has been a bust since he came here. He should be DFA'd after the game to make a point but I forgot, there is no accountability within this organization. 

Right now that seems to be the theme with ALL the Big 4 Philly sports franchises.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Phillies relief Ps should have to wear kneepads as part of their uniform, because they love to blow games.

And come on, Toronto!  Keep beating those dbag Yankmees!  Would be great to see the Blue Jays pass the Yankers in the standings.  Also, come on, Cards!  Beat those stinkin' Dodgers!  Go San Fran!  Go, Gabe!  So long as the Yankers and va-genie Dodgers lose and don't make the WS then I'm fine with anyone else winning it.  Well, except those cheating ASStros.  F them, too!

Great watching the Yankees collpase

Phillies 4 back in the loss column and the Braves get the marlins coming up so could be 5-6 games back by Tuesday. 

3 hours ago, vsptroops said:

The Phillies have a knack for getting old relievers that come here and then either get injured or implode. 

• Like 2