Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

25 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Jays lost Semien, tough to get a better replacement .

I'm not too concerned. He turned a 1 year $18m deal into 7/$175. Good on him. Sucks to lose him, but they'll be fine. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

I like schwaber but there’s a chance he reverts back to just being what he was prior to 2021 which was inconsistent year to year. He was great last year. I wouldn’t go that direction. I’d rather just spend the money and get Bryant. I like castellanos cause even though the previous two years he didn’t play more than 1/3 of the season but i think he is much more likely to repeat his year 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I like schwaber but there’s a chance he reverts back to just being what he was prior to 2021 which was inconsistent year to year. He was great last year. I wouldn’t go that direction. I’d rather just spend the money and get Bryant. I like castellanos cause even though the previous two years he didn’t play more than 1/3 of the season but i think he is much more likely to repeat his year 

I'm no baseball expert but I agree with you.  I think they would lose a pick for Castellanos that they wouldn't lose for the others, which may be a consideration for them.  I tend to think that Bryant is the one they will go hardest after, if for no other reason than to appease the league MVP by bringing in another of his friends who also happens to be a very good player at multiple positions of need.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I'm no baseball expert but I agree with you.  I think they would lose a pick for Castellanos that they wouldn't lose for the others, which may be a consideration for them.  I tend to think that Bryant is the one they will go hardest after, if for no other reason than to appease the league MVP by bringing in another of his friends who also happens to be a very good player at multiple positions of need.  

I want to say they won’t lose a pick for Bryant as well. I was scrolling through Twitter and saw that but need confirmation on that. That said apparently Bryant is not signing before this apparent lock out on December 1. 

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

Idk didi is gone after this year which will open money. I wouldn’t be shocked if they believe stott can be moved to second base as well as trading segura when his value is high for a RP or OF. 

23 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Phillies would have been in last season 

That’s enough to hate this proposal. This team has no business being a playoff team. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Phillies would have been in last season 

So incredibly stupid. MLB is intent on ruining the sport.

6 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

So they are doing nothing?

They’re not doing something

23 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

They’re not doing something

But are they doing anything?

5 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

But are they doing anything?

No. The Mets on the other hand seem to be doing everything. 

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Nice - we signed a reliever who isn't in his late 30s

It really is a rarity for the Phillies nowadays. 

21 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Nice - we signed a reliever who isn't in his late 30s

He's 30.