Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

I wonder if that's going to start an international incident with him mentioning Taiwan? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I wonder if that's going to start an international incident with him mentioning Taiwan? 

A Harper HR in Taiwan: the Shot Heard Round the World 😆

• Haha 1

On 3/6/2022 at 6:52 AM, Dave Moss said:

B5B8270C-3C05-478A-A5E5-5DAC9BF04B20.jpeg

So Harper is going to wang Chung tonight…. 

• Haha 1

Man.... Imagine what kind of numbers Ryan Howard would have put up without the shift 

Funny thing about soccer - I love the game.  Played it since I was a kid.  Usually can't stand to watch it on TV - the way the dudes flail around and dive and fake injury every time they get touched is ridiculous.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Funny thing about soccer - I love the game.  Played it since I was a kid.  Usually can't stand to watch it on TV - the way the dudes flail around and dive and fake injury every time they get touched is ridiculous.  

Soccer is extremely dull to watch it really is. I watch very little these days. I don't know how people watch multiple games a week. 

• Like 2

Soccer is huge every 4 years when the World Cup happens, everyone is a soccer fan.  The day after, nobody cares.

On 3/2/2022 at 3:05 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

It's just giving another opportunity for the MLS to be put on front and center as baseball is on strike. 

😂

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 8:30 PM, iladelphxx said:

MLB isn’t on their knees in front of Xi. It’s different than basketball.

As someone who has loved baseball my entire life, I don’t think I can watch artificial DH-style ball for an entire season. I’m definitely going to watch less games.

I actually liked the play-in game. It gave the better team the advantage they earned throughout the course of the season. I’ve already come to terms with the fact it will be gone.

Making the shift illegal is an embarrassment. Are they going to draw stupid lines on the field?

12 hours ago, SB52 said:

As someone who has loved baseball my entire life, I don’t think I can watch artificial DH-style ball for an entire season. I’m definitely going to watch less games.

I actually liked the play-in game. It gave the better team the advantage they earned throughout the course of the season. I’ve already come to terms with the fact it will be gone.

Making the shift illegal is an embarrassment. Are they going to draw stupid lines on the field?

Interesting on the DH. I overall oppose the DH. However, the fact that the AL already does it anyway, kind of makes me want them to just do it in the NL too. I think it's stupid to have it in one and not the other. 

Agree on the shift restrictions, will be interesting to see how it is enforced. Seems pretty stupid. 

2 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Interesting on the DH. I overall oppose the DH. However, the fact that the AL already does it anyway, kind of makes me want them to just do it in the NL too. I think it's stupid to have it in one and not the other. 

Agree on the shift restrictions, will be interesting to see how it is enforced. Seems pretty stupid. 

Probably have it that no more than 4 defenders can be on either side of 2nd base at any given time...  Basically only the center fielder can play either side of second base pre pitch? Who knows. 

On 3/7/2022 at 8:11 AM, The_Omega said:

image.gif.3cee4b6b431b78a96ceca2616cd9497c.gif

"High kickin’…low scorin’!”

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

Go Pirates!

I would make fun of you for being a Pirates fan but I think they made the playoffs more recent than the Phillies. :mellow2:

3 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

I would make fun of you for being a Pirates fan but I think they made the playoffs more recent than the Phillies. :mellow2:

I haven't seen a whole Pirates game in my life maybe actually. 🤣

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  A play in game.  F the Pirates and F Pittsburgh!!!!

Free Agency to start immediately.   Holy ish!   I’m excited.  

Typical front running Pittsburgh fan.  In all sports.  

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just wait until Crosby retires and I'm out on the Penguins! 

• Like 1

Do we have any idea what number the Phillies will be realistically spending to fill out the roster now?

19 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

MLBPA Exec Board voted this down.  And the rest of the players approved it.  That says a lot.  

Not surprising. I'm guessing the Exec board is either all or mainly Boras clients.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Universal DH - don’t like it. 
12 team playoff- don’t care for it.

Why don’t you just list the things you DO like - it’ll take you a lot less time to write :P

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You mean like the banning of the shift and larger base pads like I posted about in here the other day? 

You know what would take less time?  Putting people on ignore....since you can't handle some opinions.  

What's up with the larger bases? I haven't even heard of it. How much bigger?