Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

2 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

Some no-crowd peculiarities to note:

~ Is that digital ad covering some cardboard cutouts?

if im paying 40 bucks for cutout, id be pissed if it was covered like that. I noticed that right away. It looked stationary and not digital. 

1 minute ago, Green_Guinness said:

I see your points and agree.  1B IS a power hitting position.  You can be average to rubbish defensively, but need to put up HRs and RBIs.  One year wonders, especially in their FIRST season, are prime trade bait.  The law of averages that they're going to sustain that over multiple years is dicey at best.  Trade them when they're 'hot' and cash in on more less flash in the pan but more sustaining long term prospects.  Easier said than done, but it's how business needs to be conducted.

I’d ask this besides Realmuto, harper and didi, which player is above average at their position? I think segura is on the decline. Last year he was not good and i think for a third baseman you want more production then what he’d give. Kingery is ok. I’d say average. Haseley /Quinn currently below average. Hoskins average to below average. Mccutchen I’d say is an average player now. 5 years ago stud. Now i think he’s average. 

2 minutes ago, 700Level4Life said:

if im paying 40 bucks for cutout, id be pissed if it was covered like that. I noticed that right away. It looked stationary and not digital. 

These cutouts are to thank doctors and nurses who worked during the pandemic.  I hope they are not being covered up.

• Like 2

a row of about 3 or 4 seats were covered from around the third inning to the end by an ad board, behind the plate. 

I hate the Marlins. 

Just now, Shocker54 said:

They suck 

Not against the Phillies. 🤷

32 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Hoskins since August 2018 has not been great. His last two months of that year he hit .215 (43-200) 13 hrs and 26 RBIs. So averaged 6.5 homers and 13 RBIs those months. About what his average per month was last year was 5 homers 14.2rbis (29 homers and 85 RBIs). Honestly his call up in 2017 makes people believe he’d be a star. he’s overrated

What were Franco's numbers during that stretch? Im only asking, because outside of Hoskin's power, they seem like the same hitter. Afraid to make contact. 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d ask this besides Realmuto, harper and didi, which player is above average at their position? I think segura is on the decline. Last year he was not good and i think for a third baseman you want more production then what he’d give. Kingery is ok. I’d say average. Haseley /Quinn currently below average. Hoskins average to below average. Mccutchen I’d say is an average player now. 5 years ago stud. Now i think he’s average. 

Agree.  The focus should be on Harper, Realmuto and Didi for now.  Make that your Core 3 players and BUILD around them.  Look to build on your farm system and the prospects.  Trade who you can for more draft picks or developmental players.  You know you're not going to win NOW with what you have, so trade away what makes you a contender now (except the younger players) and reload with talent.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 700Level4Life said:

What were Franco's numbers during that stretch? Im only asking, because outside of Hoskin's power, they seem like the same hitter. Afraid to make contact. 

I would bet they are similar except hoskins likely has a higher on base percentage than Franco. Give me like an hour and i can check it out and post it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I would bet they are similar except hoskins likely has a higher on base percentage than Franco. Give me like an hour and i can check it out and post it. 

Heros dont wear capes. ❤️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Agree.  The focus should be on Harper, Realmuto and Didi for now.  Make that your Core 3 players and BUILD around them.  Look to build on your farm system and the prospects.  Trade who you can for more draft picks or developmental players.  You know you're not going to win NOW with what you have, so trade away what makes you a contender now (except the younger players) and reload with talent.

Honestly if they don’t believe they can re-sign Realmuto id actually consider dealing him if the package was great enough. I have a gut feeling the Phillies will use the pandemic as an excuse to not overpay him what some team will pay him in FA. I think they’ll justify they didn’t plan to have it happen this way when they made the trade but they didn’t see a pandemic hitting and hurting them as much as they say financially. 

Watching the postgame, Ricky Bo took a shot at Gabe and I loved it. Joe made some questionable moves, but he answered the questions about the moves they way it should be done. He had substance to his answers. A breath of fresh air. 

Disgusting franchise. In the last 40 years 31 no playoffs, send them to buffalo and have the blue jays play here 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly if they don’t believe they can re-sign Realmuto id actually consider dealing him if the package was great enough. I have a gut feeling the Phillies will use the pandemic as an excuse to not overpay him what some team will pay him in FA. I think they’ll justify they didn’t plan to have it happen this way when they made the trade but they didn’t see a pandemic hitting and hurting them as much as they say financially. 

Sadly, very sadly, I think this is true.  

• Like 1

Nola rocking the Philadelphia A's hat. Nice. 

21 minutes ago, 700Level4Life said:

Heros dont wear capes. ❤️

So Franco only played in 158 games total form August 2018 thru 2019. So he doesn’t have nearly the at bats or games hoskins did. Hoskins in 2019 played 160 games. Hoskins has 770 at bats from August 2018 to end of 2019. Franco just 488

Franco:

.242 (118-488) 22 HRs 71 RBIs. But he also had only 488 at bats. Hoskins was at 770. So a difference of 282 at bats. If you project Franco with the 770 at bats hoskins got his numbers would project out to .242 (186-770), 35 homers and 112 RBIs. Hoskins over that time total had .223 (172-770) 42 HRs and 111 RBIs. So basically Franco would’ve had a higher average and almost identical RBI production and about 1 less homer a month. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

So Franco only played in 158 games total form August 2018 thru 2019. So he doesn’t have nearly the at bats or games hoskins did. Hoskins in 2019 played 160 games. Hoskins has 770 at bats from August 2018 to end of 2019. Franco just 488

Franco:

.242 (118-488) 22 HRs 71 RBIs. But he also had only 488 at bats. Hoskins was at 770. So a difference of 282 at bats. If you project Franco with the 770 at bats hoskins got his numbers would project out to .242 (186-770), 35 homers and 112 RBIs. Hoskins over that time total had .223 (172-770) 42 HRs and 111 RBIs. So basically Franco would’ve had a higher average and almost identical RBI production and about 1 less homer a month. 

so basically interchangable. Just swap the power and average. I like Hoskins, but if you can move him, do it! Only 2 guys on this team are untouchable. Harper and JT. Everyone else, including Kingery and Bohm, if an offer is made, that seems legit. Id do it. 

Nothing happens this year,but next offseason, up until the trade deadline, I hope whoever is the GM (Please dont be Clowntek), is making moves to contend for the long haul. 

I thought the fake crowd noise was fine but it can be improved, the cardboard cutouts are weird but whatever, and I really don't need it said over and over again how no fans are there, ok we get it! 

• Like 1

the problem with this team and the reason why we won the world series is the pitching, we dont have a deep pitching rotation, not to menion the bullpen is crap, klentak threw money at hitting instead of pitchers only wheeler that's not enough. if they dont resign jt then trade him to get some good pitchers in the rotation and bullpen help, letting him walk for nothing will set this team back.

Not a good job by Fox wit the virtual fans, it would be fine if all cameras had them, it is disjointed, one view you see the fans the next view empty seats.

2 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

the problem with this team and the reason why we won the world series is the pitching, we dont have a deep pitching rotation, not to mention the bullpen is crap

We've said this literally every year for I don't know how long now. It's really pathetic how they can't figure out what's obvious to everyone else.

2 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

the problem with this team and the reason why we won the world series is the pitching, we dont have a deep pitching rotation, not to menion the bullpen is crap, klentak threw money at hitting instead of pitchers only wheeler that's not enough. if they dont resign jt then trade him to get some good pitchers in the rotation and bullpen help, letting him walk for nothing will set this team back.

There is more than 1 way to win, of course.  

The Phillies don’t quite have the talent.  For all their investment in the bats, last year showed they are a very, very streaky lineup that has almost no high average hitters who are reliable for just getting a damn base hit in a high leverage situation.

Pitching-wise, they did their best to add some depth to the rotation, but it still isn’t deep.  Nola wouldn’t be considered an ace on a team with WS aspirations...and isn’t the kind of guy who can pick up the slack over the course of a season for a weak bullpen or a thin rotation.  He just isn’t.  As an individual pitcher, he’s great...the least of our problems.  As someone to build the entire staff around?  No.

Mccutchen has looked awful in every at bat he’s had this year.