Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

Now 2-0 - yeah that's about all Scherzer will need against this lineup batting about .150 for the season

Offense sucks and Nola just doing nola things

They kept bragging about how scary their lineup was going to be. Yeah it's scary alright.

4 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

They kept bragging about how scary their lineup was going to be. Yeah it's scary alright.

Idk i felt during free agency if there was going to be a bust of the hitters it was going to be schwarber. I felt like he got hot for 3 months in a contract year and he likely wasn’t nearly as good as those numbers suggested. Plus he sucks as a fielder. I was in the go after kris Bryant camp cause he could play multiple positions and more consistent than schwarber. I hope schwarber gets hot and going but i wouldn’t be shocked if he winds up not being what they hoped. 

3 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Solid nola start!

He really has been tending downward for 3years now. Since 2018 where he had the 2.37 ERA he’s had 3.87, 3.28 (only pitched 71 innings), 4.63 and this season (early) 6.75. He’s not an ace. And i don’t even think he’s a no. 2. They need to get a no. 2 or potential ace with wheeler. It would set up the rest of their rotation. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He really has been tending downward for 3years now. Since 2018 where he had the 2.37 ERA he’s had 3.87, 3.28 (only pitched 71 innings), 4.63 and this season (early) 6.75. He’s not an ace. And i don’t even think he’s a no. 2. They need to get a no. 2 or potential ace with wheeler. It would set up the rest of their rotation. 

Agreed.  He’s been a 4/5 starter for years now.

2 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Agreed.  He’s been a 4/5 starter for years now.

Doesn’t help our offense also stinks so it compounds matters. But Nola has had the same issue for 3 years now. He struggles 2nd and 3rd time through lineups (not abnormal for a pitcher but there’s a sizable jump). He can’t put guys away when he gets 2 strikes on them and gives up homers 

10 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

He’s garbage 

The Phillies 2 off seasons in a row could’ve had someone like sterling marte and decided moniak, vierling and odubel (haseley) was the better answer. 

Getting the complete Phillies today. No hitting, no starting pitching and bullpen implodes  

For as bad as bohm has been in the field he’s actually looked like a professional hitter at the plate so far. 

meanwhile schwarber hasn’t had a hit since opening day. He’s 0-17 since opening day with 3 walks with an amazing .150 OBP since opening day. Maybe he shouldn’t be leading off right now 

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

Dave Roberts pulled Kershaw today during a perfect game after 7 innings at 80 pitches :lol: 

I’m guessing the reason is because of his arm injury at the end of last year. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m guessing the reason is because of his arm injury at the end of last year. 

Yeah - shortened spring training, injury history, etc.  I get it, just crazy.  Has he ever pitched a no hitter/perfect game?

14 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah - shortened spring training, injury history, etc.  I get it, just crazy.  Has he ever pitched a no hitter/perfect game?

I believe he’s had a no hitter. Perfect game i don’t think he’s had. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

An optimist would say no where to go but up, anyone here know those types of people ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

An optimist would say no where to go but up, anyone here know those types of people ?

Wrong fanbase pal. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Yeah...... but they're not around here.

Looks like John Middleton won't be getting his bleeping trophy this year.

2 hours ago, Steve 17 said:

Yeah...... but they're not around here.

Looks like John Middleton won't be getting his bleeping trophy this year.

That trophy isn’t coming until the Phillies fix their farm system and player development. You can’t buy every position and expect to win a WS. Say what you want about the dodgers but they add onto what they develop and grow. Add on have the depth in the minors to make moves and still be ok. The Phillies don’t. Even the Braves, Astros drafted and developed and then added guys into the fold. White Sox and blue jays are coming up cause of that. Padres, white sox and  jays built and developed prospects then went and added to it. 

Currently the Phillies have nola, hoskins, stott, Dominguez, Suarez, bohm and eflin. Nola hasn’t been what we’ve needed since 2018. Hoskins is a solid to good first baseman but not great. Stott it’s too early. Dominguez is a nice BP guy if he stays healthy. Eflin and Suarez are more likely 3-5th guys in a rotation. Bohm can’t field and might be able to hit. That’s not good enough out of a 7-8 year rebuild. When was the last time the Phillies drafted and developed a Star? Gotta be back around rollins, utley and Howard. 

we can keep spending but at some point unless your farm and development becomes consistently good then guys get older faster with not reaching free agency until they are closer to 29-31. It’s nice signing big guys in free agency but you need young guys who are hungry, developed well where they can step in and help the moves you make on free agency. Right now we don’t. 

• Like 4