Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

2 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

Monkey On Back GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

monkey off the back ! 

sadly (maybe good?)we still have 10+ more against the marlins. 

Wow we actually have fans that believe Realmuto is still the best catcher in baseball. Lol he’s tied for 6th in WAR for catchers and that’s cause Stephenson just got hurt and will smith is about to pass him. Otherwise he could be at 9-10 area

What is with the Braves?  Phils get white hot after firing Girardi and LOSE ground to Atlanta?  What gives?

27 minutes ago, Procus said:

What is with the Braves?  Phils get white hot after firing Girardi and LOSE ground to Atlanta?  What gives?

The Braves have also hit the really easy part of their schedule. Had Colorado first 4, A’s for 2, pirates for 4 and nats for 3. Those teams are 10, 21, 12 and 20 games below .500. Got the cubs up next so i expect them to steamroll them but after play LA and Sf 

Lol Phillies get bases loaded no outs and nationals pitchers threw 13 consecutive balls to start the inning…. And the Phillies manage not to score a run 

• Haha 1

No Harper for the second game.  Would be a miracle if they win

And the defense does it’s job blowing the game. 

Where is Harper? Why is stupid Alvarado hitting :furious:

9 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Where is Harper? Why is stupid Alvarado hitting :furious:

They pinch hit harper in the 8th. Got a two run hit. Since they pinch hit him for odubel they lose the DH as he can’t play the outfield with his elbow and the pitcher is forced to hit in that spot going forward 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They pinch hit harper in the 8th. Got a two run hit. Since they pinch hit him for odubel they lose the DH as he can’t play the outfield with his elbow and the pitcher is forced to hit in that spot going forward 

Got it, thanks

• Like 1

Damn Idk if that is young or old 

565BFB43-97D8-4D3A-9A40-9BF7D86A8F9A.thumb.jpeg.6e18e39bb98d1d0c8835abd38c2d92ed.jpeg

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Big!

About 10 cents is what they will get

2 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

About 10 cents is what they will get

It’s worse cause of inflation lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

This team is hot as hell.

My questions begin when they cool off. We are still 2.5 back of the last wild card. When they cool off they can’t go completely cold. They need to play .500 baseball until they get hot once again. If they go completely cold and go on a 7-8 game losing streak then it’s going to be really hard to catch the teams in front of them. They really can’t be inconsistent after this hot streak ends or just stay hot for 3.5 more months which seems unrealistic. 

16 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

This team is hot as hell.

Too bad the Braves are hotter 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

My questions begin when they cool off. We are still 2.5 back of the last wild card. When they cool off they can’t go completely cold. They need to play .500 baseball until they get hot once again. If they go completely cold and go on a 7-8 game losing streak then it’s going to be really hard to catch the teams in front of them. They really can’t be inconsistent after this hot streak ends or just stay hot for 3.5 more months which seems unrealistic. 

I am not much of a baseball fan, so I am probably talking out of my arse here. But I think they will be fine. Strong bats and good starting pitching can take a team far. 

40 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

I am not much of a baseball fan, so I am probably talking out of my arse here. But I think they will be fine. Strong bats and good starting pitching can take a team far. 

It depends on how Harper’s elbow holds up with the offense. We’ve seen when harper is out their lineup reverts and isn’t the same. Also their bullpen needs to be better. Starting pitching is solid. Frankly if they can’t get a good RP or closer at the deadline I’d like for them to then just get a high end starter and move Suarez to the pen as a lefty. I think it’ll help the pen somewhat. I also think they could use a CF at the end deadline. 

• Like 1