Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

Or hear me out… do a bullpen game Sunday against the pirates with the day off Monday and have nola and wheeler for the Braves two games series  

Bases loaded and 1 out, 2-2 count and castellanos looks at the pitch to strikeout. i get the ump sucked but even with it that close have to protect and swing. 

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

My biggest issue is him swinging as hard as he can for one of the strikes.  Bases jacked, 1 out.  Hit the ball where it is.  Instead staying to pull a GS.  Horrendous.  That pitcher basically said, "hey, here’s a few runs, take them”.  

Definitely in that at bat. Another observation but not in this at bat, but I’ve seen him swing it stuff where the pitch starts out of the zone and never gets close to the zone. I think there’s times where he already commits to swinging before the pitch even happens and just goes with it. You can’t hit that way. There was a 3 week stretch in June every pitch was away and 4-6 inches off the plate and he’d swing at it every time. There was nothing he could do with it even if it was close enough to the zone to make contact. 

Phillies base running last two nights has been on subpar. Would be 1-0 right now if schwarber just stayed on second 

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Have we gotten the lead off hitter on, every inning?

Yup and we still can’t score off Helen Keller 

Finally the offense gives Suarez some run support 

I really wish both were closer to the bigs. Cause painter, Abel live up to expectations that’s a nasty rotation with wheeler and nola. 

Fing Alvarado. You knew that one run lead wasn’t going to hold up. We’ve had a bunch of chances and got nothing. Should be up at least 3-4 runs 

6 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

Nah.  He may not have ever won an MVP, but he had a really impressive career and won a bunch of titles.

And people act like he should have been a unanimous, first ballot hall of famer. He was never the best player on his own team, let alone the league. Hell, he wasn’t the best shortstop on his own team for a bunch of his career. 

Take away playing in NY with a massive payroll, and he’s Craig Biggio. Hall of famer, but not 1st ballot. 

• Like 2

Would be awesome to have Dominguez tonight but we don’t cause ***** familia couldn’t hold a 6 run lead on Thursday. 

40 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I really wish both were closer to the bigs. Cause painter, Abel live up to expectations that’s a nasty rotation with wheeler and nola. 

At this point, I’m pretty sure it’s a law of nature that all top Phillies prospects flash for their first couple months in the bigs before flaming out hard.

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

At this point, I’m pretty sure it’s a law of nature that all top Phillies prospects flash for their first couple months in the bigs before flaming out hard.

Tbh it’s why if the angels would take Abel, painter, O’hoppe and McGarry for Ohtani i likely do it. I get a top of the line pitcher and hitter. Sadly i think other teams would offer better packages (assuming at time of deal ohtani signs an extension) 

Good thing they are playing the Pirates, what garbage

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Good thing they are playing the Pirates, what garbage

I’ll take it especially with the nationals taking a 7-5 lead on the cardinals 

would be nice if Rhys or bohm could bring home vierling

• Like 1

And of course that happens. also why is vierling running in that situation with one out. He should be watching and not just going on contact. 

and that looked like hoskins was out at first. He was. Are we trying to be the dumbest team running the bases? 

50 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

And people act like he should have been a unanimous, first ballot hall of famer. He was never the best player on his own team, let alone the league. Hell, he wasn’t the best shortstop on his own team for a bunch of his career. 

Take away playing in NY with a massive payroll, and he’s Craig Biggio. Hall of famer, but not 1st ballot. 

Once he made it to sixth all-time in hits I think that guaranteed he’d make it on the first ballot.   He’s far down the list in extra base hits though (79th)

2 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Braindead baserunning. Wow..

It’s been like this all series. Tonight they’ve had 3 base running mistakes. Add on to odubel’s last night. 

It is like we make it extra hard on ourselves against the freaking pirates. Familia and his implosion. Odubel with his base running mistakes and needing extras last night. And tonight base running mistakes and needing extra where who knows if we pull this out yet 

Pirates returning the favor to the Phillies. Nice pickoff by knebel 

what a Fing play by didi 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Roller coaster on the rise!

Really need to win tomorrow with nola on the mound against the pirates. That Tuesday bullpen game against the Braves feels like it could get ugly 

Would like to see less walls but at least he’s been good since then in terms of not giving up runs 

Alright the nats beat the cards to give us a .5 game lead in the WC 

Craziest traded deadline in the last 30 years