Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

12 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Craziest traded deadline in the last 30 years 

Phillies already made their splash 

• Haha 1

Wow 2 runs by the Phillies offense in the first for nola. 

Isn’t he hitting like .400 in the series?

Wow, Castellanos actually drives home a run. 

Phillies offense showed up today. Alec bohm is a hitting machine. 4-4 on the day. His average is .300 on the season. Has 20 hits in his last 9 games and 7 multi hit games in the last 9

So castellanos is hitting .363 since the Salisbury incident 

1 hour ago, Dave Moss said:

Isn’t he hitting like .400 in the series?

8-19 (.421). And that’s with going 0-4 the previous day 

8-1, bottom of the 9th, Familia on the mound. Another nail biter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Familia is determined to give up runs. He can't even get through one damn inning.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Keep rolling this mother Fer out to the mound.   Jesus.  

D5BCEF6A-26F9-4E75-9CA8-5D46F4F9575F.thumb.jpeg.2f8538d695eb1a4caff5228e61eb0950.jpeg

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

45DA2936-DE95-4592-B87D-495F122A41CE.jpeg

Didn’t we get Sammy Sosa??

Seems like the prices are too high for SP.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Sosa was the only move.  Plus segura and Harper are better than any moves they could make.

24 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Seems like the prices are too high for SP.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Sosa was the only move.  Plus segura and Harper are better than any moves they could make.

I kind of think the price of guys like syndergaard and Quintana will drop closer to the deadline as they have to move them. both are FA next year and both teams get nothing for them as they leave in FA as neither are getting big deals or signing right away. I’m guessing those are their types of targets for SP 

Would rather they do nothing then trade for Snydergaard.  He doesn’t move the needle at all 

1 hour ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Would rather they do nothing then trade for Snydergaard.  He doesn’t move the needle at all 

He's been solid this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

He's been solid this year. 

I’m fine with it if they aren’t giving up their good prospects. He fits in for eflin who we have no clue when or how long he lasts when he comes back. Imo i think he has a higher potential upside of the guys like Quintana and odorizzi. I don’t think any of them are going to pitch like aces but i think out of those option he is the one that has more of a chance to get hot in September and October. He’s only had 15 starts so he might hit his stride as compared to the others around then. Plus his era is 3.83. That’s still being effective. Especially as our 4th starter. 

• Like 1

So it's going to come down to 3 teams for 2 spots....The Padres, Cardinals and Phillies.  None of them/us are going to catch the Braves/Mets/Dodgers....Milwaukee might get caught by the Cardinals and they would then be the 3rd team.  So the question is......are the Phillies better than the Padres, Cardinals and Milwaukee the rest of the way?

36 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

So it's going to come down to 3 teams for 2 spots....The Padres, Cardinals and Phillies.  None of them/us are going to catch the Braves/Mets/Dodgers....Milwaukee might get caught by the Cardinals and they would then be the 3rd team.  So the question is......are the Phillies better than the Padres, Cardinals and Milwaukee the rest of the way?

No

• Like 1