Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

2 hours ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Absolutely no way they win today.  Not with Falter pitching and the way the Dbacks are hitting.  This team is done

Yeah, I can't see them winning another game the rest of the year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Yeah, I can't see them winning another game the rest of the year.

Wouldn’t be surprised 

Of course the game I don’t go to with falter pitching they manage to play like they are. Lol

1162F26B-2EF5-45E1-A22B-447A5A91AE04.thumb.jpeg.e23348bdf632203ae5d66bf00025404f.jpeg 

18 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Leave some runs for the weekend!

I really believe the key to victory tonight was me shouting at marsh and vierling about me being there losing 10 straight times. Yet i wasn’t there tonight. I wish i could post the video but i don’t know how to convert it to allow for it on here 

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It is obvious this was just the baseball equivalent of load management, but they had to make up some excuse to put him on the IL so they could add a player

• Like 1

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I also read that Eflin is making progress with his knee. Thomson noted if he was to return this season, it would be in the bullpen.

Could be a nice boost to the BP if he comes back and pitches effectively. He could be another Ryan Madson. Failed starter turned into a valuable BP arm. I wonder if Eflin’s durability would best suited in the bullpen long term. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

I also read that Eflin is making progress with his knee. Thomson noted if he was to return this season, it would be in the bullpen.

Could be a nice boost to the BP if he comes back and pitches effectively. He could be another Ryan Madson. Failed starter turned into a valuable BP arm. I wonder if Eflin’s durability would best suited in the bullpen long term. 

Idk. I think he’s just injury prone and would have issues regardless. I look at it this way he’s only pitching once every 5 days, he’s breaking down and getting hurt. That’s more recovery time then he gets out of the bullpen. In the bullpen you might not throw as many innings as in one start but you have to be ready to throw almost every other day or every couple of days. can still be taxing. it’s less of a workload in one outing but also less recovery time. I just don’t think his body is gonna allow for him to ever just be completely healthy for a 162 game season. I’m for it but I’m guessing the better money is gonna be someone giving him a chance to be a starter next year. 

Gibson making sure it’s over after the first. JFC he’s awful tonight. 

the pitching on this road trip has been hot garbage outside of falter. 

The hitting is one thing. But I’m way more concerned with the pitching. Since knebel and Dominguez injuries the bullpen has really not pitched well. And we aren’t getting knebel back. The starting rotation’s most consistent pitcher lately has been falter. He got hurt. Nola has had September troubles in the past. Suarez is over his career high in innings. Gibson is hit or miss. And syndergaard is a 4/5 at this point of his career. If wheeler isn’t done for the year i think we are really in trouble. Sounds like he’s not returning anytime soon. In 4 games so far this road trip they’ve given up 11 or more in 3 of the games.