Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

Feels like we have to pray for the marlins to hold on for dear life to a 2-1 lead for 3.5 more innings. 

5 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Brewers doing their best Phillies impression

TBH Williams was wild the night before. They were lucky he didn’t implode then. Using him back to back nights was going to lead to an implosion 

would really have liked that insurance run by the marlins. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

spacer.png

seriously, what makes you think  this team is winning a world series? you know making the playoffs means they are bringing back the same trash roster next year. im sick of philly sometimes.

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2022 at 3:27 PM, toughfighter83 said:

great they make the playoffs fools gold and we are going to see this same crap team next year and probably not make the playoffs sucks being a philly fan. i just like to see some accountability for once whether they make the playoffs or not.

Suck it

F625488C-6B4A-4032-AC8B-B426F3F0FAA9.jpeg

:roll: 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Relax, tough guy 83

what is one and done in the playoffs are going to do for us? no accountability, im sick of it, fine enjoy being out of the playoffs next year with your loser manager with the same losing roster, you have no guts to hold anyone accountable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toughfighter83 said:

what is one and done in the playoffs are going to do for us? no accountability, im sick of it

I don’t know, they might get swept in the first round, but that would still be better than not making it

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I don’t know, they might get swept in the first round, but that would still be better than not making it

yeah and next year, they are back with the same roster, manager and expectations will be alot lower since they cant pull their head out of butt when it matters, they may not make the playoffs this time, the wild card is joke. there's nothing to gain from this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Moss said:

i-dont-know-about-that-michael-scott.gif

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

i-dont-know-about-that-michael-scott.gif

They got swept in the first round after a long playoff drought in 2007... :ph34r:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

yeah and next year, they are back with the same roster, manager and expectations will be alot lower since they cant pull their head out of butt when it matters, they may not make the playoffs this time, the wild card is joke. there's nothing to gain from this

Just saying good chance they bring guys back anyway due to financially no one so gonna take some of the guys we have. so why am i cheering against them? 

If somehow the marlins upset the brewers tomorrow and the Phillies take care of business they might not even have to win a game vs. the Astros to clinch. Monday night gallien is going for the dbacks against the brewers. 

0C834710-D42D-4518-953E-E7D61A8F4E43.jpeg

2891211E-8235-4074-9E3C-78B3EC80D50B.jpeg

Everyone getting excited because they gained 1/2 game in the standings yesterday :P

Slow death...

• Haha 1

I get wanting them to start over and rebuild but being angry if they make the playoffs is weird for sure. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Just saying good chance they bring guys back anyway due to financially no one so gonna take some of the guys we have. so why am i cheering against them? 

you shouldnt act like we are world series contenders either, not the way this pitching has been playing.

Just now, BirdsFanBill said:

I get wanting them to start over and rebuild but being angry if they make the playoffs is weird for sure. 

weird? it's called being realistic and not living in championship fever, the other problem is making the playoffs means no changes and it means no playoffs next year by bringing back the same squad, if you think we are winning with this squad, you are in serious denial.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

you shouldnt act like we are world series contenders either, not the way this pitching has been playing.

I’ve been reading every single one of his posts in this thread for like a year. I don’t recall a single one where he proclaimed us as World Series champions

• Like 1

Just now, toughfighter83 said:

weird? it's called being realistic and not living in championship fever, the other problem is making the playoffs means no changes and it means no playoffs next year by bringing back the same squad, if you think we are winning with this squad, you are in serious denial.

Pardon me for wanting to watch a playoff game for the first time in ten years. 

After watching the continuous slop day in and day out since 2011, I think maybe wanting to view one single playoff series is ok.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Pardon me for wanting to watch a playoff game for the first time in ten years. 

After watching the continuous slop day in and day out since 2011, I think maybe wanting to view one single playoff series is ok.

the management is going to see it as bring back the same squad and the same problems and maybe out of the playoffs because you are probably going compete against a team that's better than the brewers.

if we were beating teams we supposed to be beating and get in the playoffs, that feels like we deserve it.