Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

42 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

if we were beating teams we supposed to be beating and get in the playoffs, that feels like we deserve it.

If you make the playoffs, you deserve to be in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

@toughfighter83

Stop man just stop........ Bringing the true negadelphia attitude. Are they there yet ? Absolutely not.  These young guys on the team need to experience this...they'll want more.

Ownership is getting older .... If you honestly think that they will sit back and look at this past year and think maybe next year they'll be better......  If anything they will be looking at and what changes and additions that can be made to take it to the next level.

50 plus years of watching this .....  It's fandom......  You gotta ride the lows to get to the highs.

If all you want is winning ...then become a fan of the dodgers or the yankees the 2 teams that buy their way to the top every year. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

weird? it's called being realistic and not living in championship fever, the other problem is making the playoffs means no changes and it means no playoffs next year by bringing back the same squad, if you think we are winning with this squad, you are in serious denial.

100% agreed.  Significant changes need to be made, playoffs or not

10 minutes ago, Steve 17 said:

@toughfighter83

Stop man just stop........ Bringing the true negadelphia attitude. Are they there yet ? Absolutely not.  These young guys on the team need to experience this...they'll want more.

Ownership is getting older .... If you honestly think that they will sit back and look at this past year and think maybe next year they'll be better......  If anything they will be looking at and what changes and additions that can be made to take it to the next level.

50 plus years of watching this .....  It's fandom......  You gotta ride the lows to get to the highs.

If all you want is winning ...then become a fan of the dodgers or the yankees the 2 teams that buy their way to the top every year. 

Did the Phillies not go over the luxury tax in order to win?  And still may not make the playoffs.  Total embarrassment 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

100% agreed.  Significant changes need to be made, playoffs or not

Did the Phillies not go over the luxury tax in order to win?  And still may not make the playoffs.  Total embarrassment 

Aye..... they did. And aye it may not happen. 

Did you see me point to the fact that Ive been going through these things for more than 50 years ? 

Does it suck ? Yes. But being a fan is wanting to see your team WIN..... not wanting them to lose or complaining about them winning. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

you shouldnt act like we are world series contenders either, not the way this pitching has been playing.

When did i say they were World Series contenders? Literally where did i say that. If you are going to say something and comment don’t make crap up i haven’t said 

3 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I’ve been reading every single one of his posts in this thread for like a year. I don’t recall a single one where he proclaimed us as World Series champions

I haven’t. I actually said a couple times over the past 3 seasons that this core has something wrong with it and i think it’s most of the guys didn’t grow up together and learn how to win with each other. I’ve even said i should consider parting off some guys to rebuild the farm and going with a new core cause imo this one is never going to achieve what they want. 

Im also realistic where i know they aren’t going to do that either as they’ve invested too much and stuck with some of these contracts. I may be very negative (sometimes overly) at times with this team but i hate losing and missing the playoffs. I rather make the playoffs and watch them get destroyed then miss it. I don’t think there’s going to be a complete blow up either way. Heck they kept klentak with the organization until his contract expired

they aren’t WS contenders. if they avoid the Mets/Braves and face the cardinals in the first round (which is likely) i actually don’t think it’s impossible they win a game and maybe pull off the upset. After that they are getting smoked. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

i-dont-know-about-that-michael-scott.gif

I mean, I get being demolished in a three game series at Citi Field would kind of suck…

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I mean, I get being demolished in a three game series at Citi Field would kind of suck…

They won’t face the Mets unless the padres just completely fall apart the last 4 games against Chicago and SF. padres are up 2 games on the Phillies and the Phillies are going to run into an Astros team for 3. Tbh if the Phillies win today and the brewers lose one of the next two games, then the Phillies only need to figure out a way to beat the Astros’ 1 time to make it. If the brewers manage to win today and tomorrow then you’d have to likely win 2 of 3 vs. the Astros cause the rest of the brewers series with the dbacks (after gallien goes game 1) the matchups favor the brewers. Don’t see it as very likely we win 2 of 3 vs. Astros 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They won’t face the Mets unless the padres just completely fall apart the last 4 games against Chicago and SF. padres are up 2 games on the Phillies and the Phillies are going to run into an Astros team for 3. Tbh if the Phillies win today and the brewers lose one of the next two games, then the Phillies only need to figure out a way to beat the Astros’ 1 time to make it. If the brewers manage to win today and tomorrow then you’d have to likely win 2 of 3 vs. the Astros cause the rest of the brewers series with the dbacks (after gallien goes game 1) the matchups favor the brewers. Don’t see it as very likely we win 2 of 3 vs. Astros 

I get there’s long odds for them to make the playoffs.  Dusty Baker isn’t going to have his starters throw like 100 pitches though, right?  Not really sure what the Astros mindset is

5 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I get there’s long odds for them to make the playoffs.  Dusty Baker isn’t going to have his starters throw like 100 pitches though, right?  Not really sure what the Astros mindset is

I think McCullers could actually throw a lot. He hasn’t pitched in over 10 days. And likely won’t again for another 10-12. Verlander i tend to think will be on a pitch count for that game as he will pitch on two extra days rest to start their playoff series. Valdez who knows cause I’m not sure how they are setting up their playoff rotation. 

that said the dbacks pushed back gallien’s start to Tuesday and Merrill Kelley is pitching on Wednesday for the dbacks. Although Kelley just got destroyed by the giants and hasn’t been as effective down the stretch then again faced dodgers twice, padres and giants in back to back starts so a team hasn’t seen him in over a month might be able to shut them down 

What a crazy turn of events that could happen. I believe the Mets magic number would be 3 if they won tonight. 

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think McCullers could actually throw a lot. He hasn’t pitched in over 10 days. And likely won’t again for another 10-12. Verlander i tend to think will be on a pitch count for that game as he will pitch on two extra days rest to start their playoff series. Valdez who knows cause I’m not sure how they are setting up their playoff rotation. 

that said the dbacks pushed back gallien’s start to Tuesday and Merrill Kelley is pitching on Wednesday for the dbacks. Although Kelley just got destroyed by the giants and hasn’t been as effective down the stretch then again faced dodgers twice, padres and giants in back to back starts so a team hasn’t seen him in over a month might be able to shut them down 

I’d love to be at Minute Maid Park this week.  Mostly for the food though :lol: 

Torchy’s Tacos, chicken fingers and mashed potatoes stuffed into a waffle cone, etc

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Screenshot_20221002_113817.jpg

Whoever made that didn’t look at Houston’s starters first 

3 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I’d love to be at Minute Maid Park this week.  Mostly for the food though :lol: 

Torchy’s Tacos, chicken fingers and mashed potatoes stuffed into a waffle cone, etc

What you aren’t dying to see the Phillies try to hit good pitching? Lol 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That last line got me

• Like 1

Regardless of what happens today the series in Houston is essentially a playoff series.

38 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Regardless of what happens today the series in Houston is essentially a playoff series.

4B788F58-5A72-4D35-B6B7-1249CC7D32A6.jpe

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

4B788F58-5A72-4D35-B6B7-1249CC7D32A6.jpe

The last series in Houston is against a team that used to be in the NL.  The team fighting with the Phillies for the last playoff spot used to be in the AL.

:unsure:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave Moss said:

The last series in Houston is against a team that used to be in the NL.  The team fighting with the Phillies for the last playoff spot used to be in the AL.

:unsure:

Also battling against the brewers for the last wild card spot whom used to be an AL team. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Also battling against the brewers for the last wild card spot whom used to be an AL team. 

Thats what he said :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Thats what he said :whistle:

Yeah should’ve read the second sentence lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1