Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

2 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I just hope this isn’t the beginning of a prolonged offensive slump - this team tends to do that far too often.

Schwarber and Hoskins need to step it up. Pure and simple. Rest of the line up is producing OK enough. 

If Hoskins wants to make himself useful he can crowd the plate here and hope a pitch comes a little too far inside. 

1 minute ago, nipples said:

If Hoskins wants to make himself useful he can crowd the plate here and hope a pitch comes a little too far inside. 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

So how do we get a good 1b next yr?

Josh bell is a FA. Not sure you can afford him and Turner 

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

Man i was good at doing that when i was playing lol

Just now, nipples said:

Seriously, start literally anyone else over Hoskins on Friday and I’ll be happy. 

Could put sosa at SS, segura at 3rd and stott at second. Moving bohm over to first. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Josh bell is a FA. Not sure you can afford him and Turner 

Turner all day

Rhys and schwarber are both useless. But this team having 3 hits all night is pathetic. Add on they haven’t scored a run in 13 innings. I kind of thought they’re at bats in the 7, 8th and 9th after they got to 7 runs yesterday weren’t very good either. 

Imo game 3 is the season for the Phillies. Got nola on the mound, at home where you haven’t played a playoff game in 11 years and bunch of energy for the Phillies. If you lose that i don’t see us coming back with falter/syndergaard and winning game 4. Braves can lose game 3 and go strider and fried in games 4 and 5. Phillies really don’t have that type of luxury. 

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Could put sosa at SS, segura at 3rd and stott at second. Moving bohm over to first. 

Put the bat boy at first for all I care. Anyone but Hoskins. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Rhys and schwarber are both useless. But this team having 3 hits all night is pathetic. Add on they haven’t scored a run in 13 innings. I kind of thought they’re at bats in the 7, 8th and 9th after they got to 7 runs yesterday weren’t very good either. 

Imo game 3 is the season for the Phillies. Got nola on the mound, at home where you haven’t played a playoff game in 11 years and bunch of energy for the Phillies. If you lose that i don’t see us coming back with falter/syndergaard and winning game 4. Braves can lose game 3 and go strider and fried in games 4 and 5. Phillies really don’t have that type of luxury. 

They’re a combined 1/34 in the playoffs

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Blazehound said:

They’re a combined 1/34 in the playoffs

More amazing to me is schwarber is 0’fer and his on base percentage is .000. That’s is embarrassing for a leadoff guy. 

3 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

It’s a really weak FA class at 1b this year. Bell is the best. 

759B9C3B-D337-4D00-826F-C8D721F15B0D.thumb.jpeg.4d12463e62fd2dbcaf887f8f377327fb.jpeg

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It’s a really weak FA class at 1b this year. Bell is the best. 

759B9C3B-D337-4D00-826F-C8D721F15B0D.thumb.jpeg.4d12463e62fd2dbcaf887f8f377327fb.jpeg

Ok but what about third basemen? They could always move Bohm to 1st. 

5 minutes ago, nipples said:

Ok but what about third basemen? They could always move Bohm to 1st. 

I’m guessing arenado is opting out of his player option. But hard time seeing him leave St. Louis if they are willing to pay him 

E6340B61-EA91-4715-87F2-91787AF90C1F.jpeg

18 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m guessing arenado is opting out of his player option. But hard time seeing him leave St. Louis if they are willing to pay him 

E6340B61-EA91-4715-87F2-91787AF90C1F.jpeg

Seems like we’re stuck with Hoskins for one more year unless Dombrowski gets creative 

59 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I just hope this isn’t the beginning of a prolonged offensive slump - this team tends to do that far too often.

If they get shut down by Charlie Morton , please :furious:

3 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

If they get shut down by Charlie Morton , please :furious:

Not only Charlie Morton. Morton on the road who has a sub 6 era this year on the road 

Have to just hope Nola brings his A game again and maybe the juice from the crowd re-ignites some bats. 

I'm scared to ask (because I haven't looked), who in god's name is going to pitch game 4?  And would Wheeler be ready for game 5 if necessary?