Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

42 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Jake Cave is going to be the 4th OF

That was my biggest question.  Soto seems very solid.  But Vierling had significant playing time last season.   

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

Jake Cave is going to be the 4th OF

I’d see what Ortiz looks like in ST. If he looks good then could bring him up after the deadline for arbitration.  

Phillies need some OF depth now, there is not much behind the starters and Marsh can’t hit lefties. Sosa can cover the infield positions. 

Curious what’s available on the FA market. Profar is still out there, bats right, and is versatile defensively. Not sure what he’d command. 

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

Phillies need some OF depth now, there is not much behind the starters and Marsh can’t hit lefties. Sosa can cover the infield positions. 

Curious what’s available on the FA market. Profar is still out there, bats right, and is versatile defensively. Not sure what he’d command. 

Is Roman Quinn available?

:fishing:

• Haha 1

Saw this on Facebook:

José Alvarado and Gregory Soto combined to account for 81% of the 100+ MPH pitches thrown by all LHPs in the 2022 MLB regular season 

4 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Saw this on Facebook:

Hopefully they can do with Soto what they did with Alvarado. Guy is wild and walks a ton. 

Wow..... This guy is a young power arm who was talked about as a potential closer for the Giants 

The biggest thing I like about this approach, is that it is systematic - and I firmly believe the shift going away has a lot to do with it.

The key to the game is going to be having an arsenal of power arms who miss bats and avoid contact.

Pretty much all of the guys they brought in do that.

We saw firsthand that approach can be when we faced the Astros. 

Just watched Bedlam at the Bank.....that and all these moves.....HAVE ME GEEKED UP for the season.  Know it's so hard to get back, but man....they are definitely at least doing all they can to do it.  Only problem is 162 games is way too long to wait for October baseball.  They need to make the season like 81 games!

Seems like the "pending physical" part is what caused the last 2 deals to collapse.

• Thanks 1

So where will he sign next? Don’t ever recall a player agreeing to a contract with three different teams in one offseason 😆 

Mets should sign him. I feel like he’s gonna get paid again the. Eventually just tail off cause he’s the type of guy who just gets lazy as he gets older and further into that contract  

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Mets should sign him. I feel like he’s gonna get paid again the. Eventually just tail off cause he’s the type of guy who just gets lazy as he gets older and further into that contract  

Spin zone 

11 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Spin zone 

Tbh i thought they’d be in on Ohtani next offseason but i think Yankees or dodgers just give him a blank check and he rather go there.