Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

31 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He'll kill it in clearwater for half the season, get called up and blow out his elbow in his second inning with the phils

So I have the MLB extra innings package. I always get the home team announcers but these first 2 games with the Reds I have gotten their announcing team even though the games are in Philly. Anyone else experiencing this? 

19 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

So I have the MLB extra innings package. I always get the home team announcers but these first 2 games with the Reds I have gotten their announcing team even though the games are in Philly. Anyone else experiencing this? 

You watching on the app or via cable tv? On the app you can switch to either announcing crew 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

You watching on the app or via cable tv? On the app you can switch to either announcing crew 

TV. Like I said, this is the first time this has happened in my 5 years with the package. 

5 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

TV. Like I said, this is the first time this has happened in my 5 years with the package. 

I’ve had that happen with the tv. Sometimes they don’t give the Phillies broadcast. 

Pache just needs to bunt when he's at the plate. He sure the hell can't hit. Dumb trade by DD. 

On a side note, is this Reds pitcher that good or is he another in a long line of scrub pitchers that Phillies hitters make look better than what they are? 

1 hour ago, vsptroops said:

Every team has their own channel

Falter could be the best 5th starter ever when Suarez comes back

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Every team has their own channel

Yes I know that but for the past 4 years, I have always gotten the home team broadcast. Since the Phillies are home, I should be getting their broadcast team. This is the first series I've gotten the road team. 

2 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Yes I know that but for the past 4 years, I have always gotten the home team broadcast. Since the Phillies are home, I should be getting their broadcast team. This is the first series I've gotten the road team. 

Get MLB.TV instead

22 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Get MLB.TV instead

That is included in my Extra Innings package. I'm usually home to watch the games on TV but I'm definitely gonna make sure that my MLB.TV works.

11 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

That is included in my Extra Innings package. I'm usually home to watch the games on TV but I'm definitely gonna make sure that my MLB.TV works.

I’m pretty sure when it happened to me it was on the weekend. I think there’s certain times on the weekend games you don’t get both of the announcing crews. Then again, I only use it on the app now and then cast it to my TV. 

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m pretty sure when it happened to me it was on the weekend. I think there’s certain times on the weekend games you don’t get both of the announcing crews. Then again, I only use it on the app now and then cast it to my TV. 

I was never able to get both broadcasts. It would be nice if they offered that. Again, it was the always the home team that was offered (on the TV side). So, if the Phillies were playing in Cincinnati, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. If the Phillies are on the road, I know I'm getting the road team broadcasters. Since they were playing in Philly, I should have been able to hear Kruk/TMac or whoever they had on today.

20 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

I was never able to get both broadcasts. It would be nice if they offered that. Again, it was the always the home team that was offered (on the TV side). So, if the Phillies were playing in Cincinnati, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. If the Phillies are on the road, I know I'm getting the road team broadcasters. Since they were playing in Philly, I should have been able to hear Kruk/TMac or whoever they had on today.

When I did it through the TV/cable there was the 1600 channels which were the HD channels and then other ones on the 1800s which were the opposite announcers. I haven’t use the cable in like eight or nine years. I’ve just been using the app because I can just cast it, it does the same thing and it was cheaper for a while 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

Seranthony is garbage this year.

Yup. Bullpen in general has been for the most part. 

5 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

Seranthony is garbage this year.

Yeah I didn't expect this

Something was clearly wrong with Dominguez after that second walk. Topper should have pulled him then and there. His management so far this season has been skeptical at best. 

26 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Something was clearly wrong with Dominguez after that second walk. Topper should have pulled him then and there. His management so far this season has been skeptical at best. 

He might just be burnt out from last year. They pitched into November. And during the playoffs he was pitching a ton for the Phillies. Plus relievers are always up and down years here. Still early but if he doesn’t have it back by june, I think there’s bigger issue that he’s just not gonna be the same guy as he was last year.