Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

19 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Phillies should just offer him equity ownership to sign him. 

• Like 2

Sucks that all the teams in front of them keep winning. 

These next two are important ahead of the upcoming homestand. Need to continue to drive forward now thru to the break just like last year.

30 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

These next two are important ahead of the upcoming homestand. Need to continue to drive forward now thru to the break just like last year.

Great start for us pitching wise with the 5th starter. Too bad the offense took the day off so far with a guy that has a 6.49 era 

Of course take out the guy that only had 61 pitches and struck out the side 

Harper is trash against lefties 

1 minute ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Harper is trash against lefties 

He’s been bad with RISP in general. He’s hitting .179 

2 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

Harper stinks 

I know this is a joke but he does need to be better with RISP. He’s had chances since he’s come back to really do damage. I’m guess it eventually comes. 

i know we need another starter but i think they really could use either a 1b with some power or an outfielder that can allow schwarber to DH, harper at 1b. a guy like bellinger makes sense if the cubs are willing to move him. Before his injury he was hitting well and has power. Also only here the rest of the year so you don’t have to keep him if he struggles and if he surges can sign him or he hits FA and you get those picks for when he signs elsewhere. 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I know this is a joke but he does need to be better with RISP. He’s had chances since he’s come back to really do damage. I’m guess it eventually comes. 

i know we need another starter but i think they really could use either a 1b with some power or an outfielder that can allow schwarber to DH, harper at 1b. a guy like bellinger makes sense if the cubs are willing to move him. Before his injury he was hitting well and has power. Also only here the rest of the year so you don’t have to keep him if he struggles and if he surges can sign him or he hits FA and you get those picks for when he signs elsewhere. 

I meant lately. I can't find the stat but I thought he was killing it with RISP last year. He needs to turn that around this season.

4 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

I meant lately. I can't find the stat but I thought he was killing it with RISP last year. He needs to turn that around this season.

He was awesome last year with RISP. According to fan graph he hit .354 with RISP

• Like 1

Good thing they subbed in Harrison for a terrible pinch hit attempt and a dropped fly out in the outfield.

• Like 1

Just now, John Blutarski said:

Good thing they subbed in Harrison for a terrible pinch hit attempt and a dropped fly out in the outfield.

Harrison shouldn’t be on the team. he sucks. I rather see what kingery could do. 

• Like 1

Hats off to kimbrel. He’s been great since that grand slam and he didn’t fold after Harrison’s fielding issue. 

• Like 1

Honestly we deserve to lose. Offense has had numerous chances and Fing can’t hit. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

I smell a loss

Thankfully we are playing the As. They are as inept at hitting as we are 

Who's up, Harper? As long as nobody is in scoring position he'll get a hit.

2 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

Who's up, Harper? As long as nobody is in scoring position he'll get a hit.

Harper, jt and stott