Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

Both teams deserve a loss for making us watch this offensive ineptitude. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

Whoever that is 

Clearly not Trevor 

• Haha 1

Let’s finish it off with a wheeler gem for the sweep. Hopefully castellanos is back tomorrow from his illness

• Like 1

LSU is on and they will players that will be 1st and 2nd pick this year in the draft 

13 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

LSU is on and they will players that will be 1st and 2nd pick this year in the draft 

Johnson has done an excellent job recruiting there like he began doing at Arizona. He has more resources there. That lsu team should always been in the mix for a natty title and getting those type of players. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Thankfully we are playing the As. They are as inept at hitting as we are 

I smell a win :phil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What can Brown do for you? Sorry I had to

had I planned this better I could have gone to this series. I live literally 15 minutes north of the Oakland Coliseum. I was the Phillies last month when they came out here to play the Giants (which is a little further, ironically). I wasn't paying close enough attention. The Coliseum sucks but it would have been great to see the Phils again.

26 minutes ago, JohnB said:

had I planned this better I could have gone to this series. I live literally 15 minutes north of the Oakland Coliseum. I was the Phillies last month when they came out here to play the Giants (which is a little further, ironically). I wasn't paying close enough attention. The Coliseum sucks but it would have been great to see the Phils again.

Plan a trip to Vegas in 2 years

3 hours ago, RoadToHell said:

What can Brown do for you? Sorry I had to

Delivering my packages to the correct location would be nice <_<

One more then get back home and get in the race 

Looking at the upcoming schedule, the Braves series will be tough and that goes without saying but after that they have 3 series in a row where they can go on a nice run - Mets, Cubs, then Nats. Even though the Mets suck lately they seem to have the Phils number the past two years. Got to turn that around.

On 6/9/2023 at 7:10 AM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Their next 16 games are gonna be telling about this team. They play the 3 best teams in the NL in the dodgers, dbacks and Braves 10 times out of those 16. They should curb stomp the A’s in Oakland for those 3 games. They cap off the 16 games with 3 vs. the Mets who i believe they are 5-18 in their last 23 games against the Mets.  If they go .500 over this stretch I actually think you’d have to consider it a success as the Phillies haven’t played well at Arizona or against the Mets. 

🙂 I asked for 20-8, 21-7 for June to slingshot them into the easier (on paper) part of their schedule.....they are at 12-4, hoping they can keep it going.  Like I said on another post, f'ing frustrating that the Giants, Reds, Braves and Marlins are all on similar win streaks.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYEagle said:

🙂 I asked for 20-8, 21-7 for June to slingshot them into the easier (on paper) part of their schedule.....they are at 12-4, hoping they can keep it going.  Like I said on another post, f'ing frustrating that the Giants, Reds, Braves and Marlins are all on similar win streaks.....

Tbh i think the reds might win that division. The brewers aren’t that good and the reds finally called up all their young kids. They very well might win that division cause of that. Don’t think the Phillies catch the Braves. Basically the Braves are gonna be hard to catch every year if you just sleep walk the first two months cause they usually only have 1 maybe 2 mediocre months since they went on the run they did to win the WS

i do think the marlins and giants eventually fade. Giants did the same thing last year with kapler. Were in it til the all star break then second half just fell apart. Marlins are a -26 in the run differential department. They’ve also just played the easiest part of their schedule had As, royals, white Sox, seattle and finally nats. Their schedule gets tougher the next 13 as they face toronto, pirates, Boston and atlanta. 

that said i do think it’s gonna be tougher this year in the WC race. Better teams. I suspect the padres and Mets figure stuff out. Frankly wish we played the cardinals earlier in the season has they look bad and i tend to think they probably figure some things out as the season continues

Why are we sitting harper with an off day tomorrow? I get struggling against lefties but benching him and forcing us to have to start Harrison, sosa and pache is ridiculous with an off day tomorrow  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Why are we sitting harper with an off day tomorrow? I get struggling against lefties but benching him and forcing us to have to start Harrison, sosa and pache is ridiculous with an off day tomorrow  

Topper is a moron. Time and time again he makes baffling line up decisions.

• Like 1

Thomson wants to give Wheeler as little run support as possible.

6 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

Thomson wants to give Wheeler as little run support as possible.

Of course schwarber hits a leadoff bomb lol 

• Haha 1

Harrison is a butcher in the field. Holy hell.