Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

Hard to believe a d pic didn't work.

Let’s go easy on him. The report says "a P” doesn’t specify that it was his own. 😆 

21 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

LOLMETS 

Meat the Mets....

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Meat the Mets....

"A naked picture of his P"

Does he usually have it dressed up in a t-shirt and a hat?  I guess shoes and socks would be tough.  

• Haha 3

They have to be doing this to drive up the price, right? 

Probably leaked by his agent 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Honestly if he does leave it’s on the Phillies for d***ing around for months when they should’ve gotten this done like before last season or when they traded for him to just avoid arbitration.  

On 1/21/2021 at 11:02 AM, iladelphxx said:

Not concerned anymore. Anything over 5 years and 110, he can walk.

6 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Not concerned anymore. Anything over 5 years and 110, he can walk.

Frankly he wants to make the highest annual average salary of any catcher. Likely if the Phillies give him 118 this is already done 

14 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Frankly he wants to make the highest annual average salary of any catcher. Likely if the Phillies give him 118 this is already done 

He’s not worth 118, let alone 110.

7 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

He’s not worth 118, let alone 110.

He became that when the Phillies were dumb enough to trade away sixto and assumed the best catcher in baseball wouldn’t ask for that type of contract. So if he walks away and you lose him and sixto then the Phillies are the ones you should take that up with that he isn’t.

also point is if you are offer 110 what difference is 8 million more over 5 years? So the 1.6 million each year is really what’s stopping you? Come on. If you are already willing to commit to overpaying him (which they are at 110) drastically the 1.6 million extra per year is going to be your breaking point? 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He became that when the Phillies were dumb enough to trade away sixto and assumed the best catcher in baseball wouldn’t ask for that type of contract. So if he walks away and you lose him and sixto then the Phillies are the ones you should take that up with that he isn’t.

also point is if you are offer 110 what difference is 8 million more over 5 years? So the 1.6 million each year is really what’s stopping you? Come on 

What’s done is done with the trade. Not debating the merits of the trade. It was dumb of them not to sign him to an extension immediately thereafter. 

As far as the negotiations are concerned, you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. I personally wouldn’t give him more than 100. 

8 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

What’s done is done with the trade. Not debating the merits of the trade. It was dumb of them not to sign him to an extension immediately thereafter. 

As far as the negotiations are concerned, you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. I personally wouldn’t give him more than 100. 

Agreed it was stupid and idiotic not to sign him at the time of the trade. However that’s what makes his value to the phillies increase more cause they have nothing if he walks from that trade and it looks disastrous for the organization. He might not be worth 110 million however the Phillies putting themselves in that position gives his agent that leverage cause they know it’s an awful look from the Phillies. Especially when sixto was ranked the no. 1 pitching prospect in baseball by baseball America  

I’d agree i wouldn’t. However the Phillies already shown they are being irresponsible with the money offering him 110. If they are ridiculous enough to go to 110 to begin with and overpay since they are already showing to be fiscally irresponsible might as well just go 8 mil more over 5 and just get it done and over with. I don’t think he’s worth 118 however he’s not worth 110 and I’m not going to potentially lose him over 1.6 mil per year when they clearly committed to overpaying him anyway. There’s a line in the sand. Frankly 1.6 million per year extra isn’t it. If they came in at 90-100 million and he wanted 118 then i could understand its 5.6-3.6 mil extra per year. However the Phillies came in at 110. 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Simmons for SS?  I guess Didi is def gone.  

Rather have didi if at all possible but i saw he wants a multi year deal whereas the Phillies only want to go one year deal. It’s a definite drop off in the bat but his defense is better than didi. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Rather have didi if at all possible but i saw he wants a multi year deal whereas the Phillies only want to go one year deal. It’s a definite drop off in the bat but his defense is better than didi. 

Light years better - Simmons is arguably the best defensive infielder in the league.

Thank god. This year would have been tough without JT. At least we will have a watchable team now. Could be half decent with a few more good moves.

22 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Thank god. This year would have been tough without JT. At least we will have a watchable team now. Could be half decent with a few more good moves.

That is like saying I could have a full head of hair if I had more hair on my head, neither is happening

• Haha 2

Just now, Joe Shades 73 said:

That is like saying I could have a full head of hair if I had more hair on my head, neither is happening

Yeah I mean how could anything else happen between now and April, that's only 3 months!

8 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Yeah I mean how could anything else happen between now and April, that's only 3 months!

Could and will happen are 2 different things, this team is going nowhere

Just now, Joe Shades 73 said:

Could and will happen are 2 different things, this team is going nowhere

What do you think they should be doing or have done already this offseason?

48 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

What do you think they should be doing or have done already this offseason?

How about fixing the bullpen, another starter? we had Realmuto the past 2 years, how did that work out?

2 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

How about fixing the bullpen, another starter? we had Realmuto the past 2 years, how did that work out?

So you don’t think it’s possible they will do that still? Why?