Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

19 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

FB_IMG_1710815979715.jpg

Has an opt out after the first season too. 

Walker can not be the 4th starter on this team

Yamamoto went 1 inning and gave up 5 ERs in his first start of the year. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Walker can not be the 4th starter on this team

It’s spring training but Walker 4 out of the 6 months last year wasn’t good. Analytics backed that and so did his era. He didn’t even get used in the playoffs cause they couldn’t trust him. Seen his stuff is sitting at 89-90 which is a decrease. At some point the Phillies might have to just admit it was a bust of a contract and unfortunately just eat it. Maybe it’s just spring training but feels like it’s a continuation of what he was last year

25 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

looks like philly sports will ruin every venue they have. 6ers down town moving out of the mecca which is dumb. And then, they decide to ruin the mecca too. Few towns have all the major sports in one sports complex. They had a great thing. 1 moves out, and then they take away all the parking from the complex that used to have it.

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

looks like philly sports will ruin every venue they have. 6ers down town moving out of the mecca which is dumb. And then, they decide to ruin the mecca too. Few towns have all the major sports in one sports complex. They had a great thing. 1 moves out, and then they take away all the parking from the complex that used to have it.

You’re becoming a baseball fan. Don’t lie!

29 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

You’re becoming a baseball fan. Don’t lie!

I always sorta loosely followed. I check in on this thread often, without posting. I have nothing to add to baseball discussion. Ill catch a few games during the season. Far from a die hard follow every game fan though. 

19 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I always sorta loosely followed. I check in on this thread often, without posting. I have nothing to add to baseball discussion. Ill catch a few games during the season. Far from a die hard follow every game fan though. 

162 games is a lot but on you are on the right track. It will be easier to follow because the Phillies are good now. If you tried 5-8 years ago, it would have been terrible for you. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

I have nothing to add to baseball discussion. 

Doesn't stop you from posting in the blog and in the sixers thread 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Doesn't stop you from posting in the blog and in the sixers thread 

I don't discuss baseball in those threads. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It’s spring training but Walker 4 out of the 6 months last year wasn’t good. Analytics backed that and so did his era. He didn’t even get used in the playoffs cause they couldn’t trust him. Seen his stuff is sitting at 89-90 which is a decrease. At some point the Phillies might have to just admit it was a bust of a contract and unfortunately just eat it. Maybe it’s just spring training but feels like it’s a continuation of what he was last year

That would be one helluva ef up by DD if they just cut their losses on him. Not sure what he saw in Walker that justified that contract.

Can they even demote him to the minors or does he have to clear waivers first? Not like anyone would claim him. 

• Haha 1

Wish they would've signed another legit starter... regardless of whether Walker is/was injured or not.

If the dbacks get him that rotation is ridiculous. Gallen, Rodriguez, Kelly, Montgomery and pfaadt

Next guy to go should be Brogdon

• Confused 1

Dbacks might have the best rotation in baseball. Have gallen, Kelly, Montgomery, Eduardo Rodriguez and pfaadt. 

• Angry 1

Dbacks rotation is unreal