Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

20 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yes, one game out of 162 certainly proves you were right and everyone else was wrong. 

Yeah, that's exactly what I said.

Is there really any doubt how the standings end up ? I don't think so, this is not 1 out of 162, we have seen this movie already during the regular season

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Is there really any doubt how the standings end up ? I don't think so, this is not 1 out of 162, we have seen this movie already during the regular season

this is going to be ugly, inexperience bullpen, aging hitters, it's not a good recipe, i have them at 82 wins, if our bullpen cant hold up, i think it will be 75-78 wins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yes, one game out of 162 certainly proves you were right and everyone else was wrong. 

Every time I restart the Titanic, the damn thing still sinks even though I am only 1 minute into it

Season is over.  See y’all next year. 

• Haha 1

• Like 1

I don't watch around the league, but I get the sense that this is generally just how baseball is now in the MLB: Pull the starter relatively early, rely on subpar bullpen pitching by praying and hoping for the best, and watch a 4-run game turn into a 12-run game in short order. It feels like it's just a lot of crapshoot games in general. Not a lot of consistency or predictability. It's a crappy product overall if you didn't grow up watching these daily pitching trainwrecks. But hey, the league just wants more runs, amirite?

2 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

this is going to be ugly, inexperience bullpen, aging hitters, it's not a good recipe, i have them at 82 wins, if our bullpen cant hold up, i think it will be 75-78 wins.

Agreed.  3rd place team at best 

Another great effort by Wheeler all for not because of the trash bullpen. Not sure why DD thought he could basically run it back this year minus Kimbrel who was very good last year. I hate seeing great quality starts against good offenses just wasted as soon as we get to the bullpen.

• Like 4

Serious question. When did Pitchers and/or coaches become so soft? Im 45 and remember pitchers frequently going full games, well over 100 pitches. Or going 8 and a closer coming in the 9th. When did this idea of pulling your starter after 5 or 6 then platooning the last 1/3 of the game start? And why? I know it's not a new thing, but can't recall when it started. 

• Thanks 1

This is incredible 

• Like 1

Marsh hits yesterday..... by all means... sit him down.

F'ing idiots.

A hard slide, but it didn't look that bad. The Mets player overreacted, IMO. 

Just let the two players fight. It will be over in a few minutes and then they all can get on with the game. 

Really cool moment as Fletch and Kelce threw out the first pitch today and Bryce getting Kelce’s autograph on his cleats

• Like 1

Anyone else getting a Spanish broadcast?

Nola out here in midseason form giving up homers. 

don’t think we discussed this on here, but I think the Phillies read the market wrong on SP and years teams were willing to go. I call BS that there were other teams willing to go six and seven years on nola. I think that report was a bunch of BS put out to justify the amount of years. With the way free agency played out with Blake Snell and Jordan Montgomery i think most teams didn’t want to give starting pitchers who were quality guys more than 1-3 years or give in to the demands of those guys. I get Nola’s analytics are better than Montgomery and snell but i dont think they are 5 or 6 more years worthy compared to those two. 

• Like 1

Didn’t need him…

Nola imploding lol. Glad we have him locked up for 7 years...🖕

• Like 1

Can’t believe they extended this bum

This Fin team lol

8 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

Nola imploding lol. Glad we have him locked up for 7 years...🖕

What makes that contract even worse is when you go look at the market for a Cy Young winner in Blake Snell and Jordan Montgomery, who has been as good as Nola the last three years they can only got 1 year contracts with options. Which tells me the market was not going to pay nola what the Phillies gave him. If the Phillies would’ve let it play itself out out, they probably would’ve gotten him on a better contract. And if they didn’t, they would’ve gotten Montgomery or snell on better contracts. 

• Like 2

Let's see if Nola can give up 10 runs in his first 3 innings. Great way to kickoff the 7 year contract. Yay

1 minute ago, John Blutarski said:

Let's see if Nola can give up 10 runs in his first 3 innings. Great way to kickoff the 7 year contract. Yay

i knew it, he only cared about being paid and not winning, he was a choke artist since harper was signed.

Probably not good our top 3 in the lineup are 1-16 to start the year 

• Like 1